SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat RE WB Torred
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Koons Dodge and bought my group buy custom ordered Redeye!
Drove over 3 hrs each way.and spent 3 hours at Koon's.
Working with Craig Benner and Shah was great. They had service put on my ZL 1 splash guards while I went through the buying process. Thomas the sales manager thanked me and walked us out to the car, very classy.
I slapped track tape on the car where needed and drove home doing 55 mph on the highway for 100 miles with my wife driving behind me, that part sucked. Cars trucks and bikes flying past all pissed off. Even a smart car passed me...馃槅 But I followed the break in directions for the most part and I'm happy about that even though I felt like an idiot. I stomped on it a few times in the tunnel...holy shit !!!
After 100 miles I went 70 mph.
That car is a beast and I love it! I can't wait to hit 500 miles and put the hammer down!
Sorry to ramble,

Attachments

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Great story and congrats on the car.
I bet that car was on your mind when you went to sleep and when you woke up lol. Your wife is going to go through the typical "wife withdrawal" because it is the only thing your going to talk about. Play it cool. Join one of our therapy groups, today is "Hard to cope with removing shipping guards" by Richard Petty. Tomorrow's will be hosted by Dr Oz for the wives, "The Hellcat, the other woman"......lmao
Enjoy!

Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
Working with Craig Benner and Shah was great. They had service put on my ZL 1 splash guards while I went through the buying process. Thomas the sales manager thanked me and walked us out to the car, very classy.
I slapped track tape on the car where needed and drove home doing 55 mph on the highway for 100 miles with my wife driving behind me, that part sucked. Cars trucks and bikes flying past all pissed off. Even a smart car passed me...馃槅 But I followed the break in directions for the most part and I'm happy about that even though I felt like an idiot. I stomped on it a few times in the tunnel...holy shit !!!
That car is a beast and I love it! I can't wait to hit 500 miles and put the hammer down!
Sorry to ramble,
View attachment 571638 View attachment 571641 View attachment 571642 View attachment 571643
Congrats! Waiting to put on the requisite break in miles almost killed me! I drove all over town at different speeds, etc to seat in the rings till I hit 500 miles. You will love this car and all the 鈥渟hake, rattle and roll鈥 vibrations and noises it makes! True muscle car in my book. Welcome to the Dodge Brother and Sisterhood鈥.
NL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great story and congrats on the car.
I bet that car was on your mind when you went to sleep and when you woke up lol. Your wife is going to go through the typical "wife withdrawal" because it is the only thing your going to talk about. Play it cool. Join one of our therapy groups, today is "Hard to cope with removing shipping guards" by Richard Petty. Tomorrow's will be hosted by Dr Oz for the wives, "The Hellcat, the other woman"......lmao
Enjoy!
Every day for 4 months,... seemed like forever.
Thanks a lot ! That's some great advice, lol. She's a trooper, and told me she could see the big smile on my face in the rear view driving home and that, in itself , made all my jibber jabber worth it. She's great.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! Waiting to put on the requisite break in miles almost killed me! I drove all over town at different speeds, etc to seat in the rings till I hit 500 miles. You will love this car and all the 鈥渟hake, rattle and roll鈥 vibrations and noises it makes! True muscle car in my book. Welcome to the Dodge Brother and Sisterhood鈥.
NL
Thanks!

Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
wait redeyes come stock with a green belt? I went to a big meet the other day and everyone was trying to say I was pullied because I have a gates belt, and I saw a ton of REWB cars there with black belts.

Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
wait redeyes come stock with a green belt? I went to a big meet the other day and everyone was trying to say I was pullied because I have a gates belt, and I saw a ton of REWB cars there with black belts.
Redeye come stock with a Green Gates belt. Every one I have seen and worked on has been that way since they鈥檝e came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Sorry to ramble,
View attachment 571638 View attachment 571641 View attachment 571642 View attachment 571643
Thanks for the story
I am passing the time wating for mine
Great looking car

1 - 20 of 33 Posts