• "RESHPEKT AWL BIWDZ"

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many moons ago I shared that abomination was so unanimously hated upon. Now I am choosing to be petty and opinionated, because life's really been rick rolling me lately. Can we agree that this is extreme and kind of silly? The color combination isn't traditional, so it's an eye of the beholder thing, and that wickerbill on a wickerbill adding a total of 19 extra inches of wind-damning resistance is the focus of my pettiness. The convertible Chargenger was brutal. This isn't to that level.
20210113_113745.jpg

As a fun reminder...

Screenshot_20181211-233650_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181211-233704_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: rookerrobert

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, in my many years here on planet earth I've seen countless mods on all sorts of cars. I've done some myself. It's definitely a "to each his own" scenario. For me now the only mod I'll do is the occasional debadge and window tint.

Reactions: HaloCat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, in my many years here on planet earth I've seen countless mods on all sorts of cars. I've done some myself. It's definitely a "to each his own" scenario. For me now the only mod I'll do is the occasional debadge and window tint.
Very polite and non-committal. I avoid the word opinion, in it's place I use view point, so I can say with a grammatical high ground, that someones view point is wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"It's not about top speed. It's about getting up to speed quickly, loudly, and with a big smile on my face" .....Bingo

·
Registered
4 Posts
That shade of yellow is off, but blue & yellow are complementary colors that can look quite good together as proven by national flags (Sweden, Ukraine), numerous sports teams (Rams, Brewers, Bruins, Pitt, Michigan, UCLA) and company brands (Bilstein, Michelin, Best Buy, Ikea). Wesley Motorsports have the right combination on their road racing Mopars.

That spoiler is a bit much though, especially since it's probably just a Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. However, a similar design was factory on track-worthy Z/28 and Z06 C7 Chevys, and have you seen what's run on cars competing in SCCA Solo Nationals or other high-level autocross events?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
Very polite and non-committal. I avoid the word opinion, in it's place I use view point, so I can say with a grammatical high ground, that someones view point is wrong.
My reply has always been "While i appreciate your opinion, its of no value to me."
On a side note, i never did understand why a spoiler needs its own spoiler.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,075 Posts
Just because yellow and blue are on a flag doesnt mean they look good together lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,046 Posts
I worked in an import performance shop at the height of the Honda Civic wing craze.

The shit we cranked was awful but the people were love with it. Whatever

·
Registered
72 Posts
While I certainly respect your opinion and your right to have one and I would never question your taste or opinion or perspective, nor would I ever say anything to offend you, I...damn, what was I talking about?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both are trash.. stop being so nice..
Thanks man, I don't have that GAF meter. I am too old and set in my ways to develop a metabolism devoted strictly to gauging the sensitivity of what I am saying or thinking and then expressing. I equally don't expect you to pander to me. If I did something you think is trash, cool, I'd rather you told me. Lying is the weak thing to do.

Reactions: SubZeroCat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I worked in an import performance shop at the height of the Honda Civic wing craze.

The shit we cranked was awful but the people were love with it. Whatever
What timeframe are we talking? I've spent over a decade overseas since the mid 90s. I want to make sure I'm thinking of the right crap-tastic-fad.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,046 Posts
What timeframe are we talking? I've spent over a decade overseas since the mid 90s. I want to make sure I'm thinking of the right crap-tastic-fad.
Early 2000s
01ish to 04

Right around fast and furious movie came out

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Early 2000s
01ish to 04

Right around fast and furious movie came out
I had just gotten back to the States in early 03, so I saw the tail end of it. I lived in Chicago then so the biggest things were chrome "DUBs" at least 20 inch rims, and a LOT of pure rice hondas with fart cans the size of industrial smoke stacks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,046 Posts
Yeah those were starting to become the craze.

I remember when the spinners/floaters came out and everyone had to have them but they were $10,000+ and they were driving $5,000 cars. Ugh

I didn't last much past then. The performance era was gone and I didn't care about the body kits and stereos

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah those were starting to become the craze.

I remember when the spinners/floaters came out and everyone had to have them but they were $10,000+ and they were driving $5,000 cars. Ugh

I didn't last much past then. The performance era was gone and I didn't care about the body kits and stereos
The Hemi 300C was the coolest thing until the SRT8 came out and then it was all uphill from there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts