SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PermaGRIN when driving the Hellcat. No other car I’ve owned has ever made me smile and feel so damn happy like this car does. I love cars and have had several. Many have been great cars, but I can’t think of one that came close to making me feel downright giddy. I guess that’s what 707 HP does to a man. I just cannot believe Dodge made this car so damn crazy. It’s something I knew i wanted when the 2009 Challenger came out. I fell in love with the lines. When 2015 rolled around and they upped the power with the Hellcat, I became fairly determined to get one. Glad I made the choice, and God blessed me with the means to do so. These cars are so damn fun. It’s really great to be around to see it. I don’t think cars like this will be manufactured for much longer. I hope I can keep this car for quite some time and keep grinnin‘ and spinnin’!!! I’m sure I’m not any different than most on this Forum. Glad to be part of the MOPAR fam!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
145 Posts
I was getting kind of tired of my old Hellcat Charger and was thinking of trading in. It then started giving me some starting issues, so I traded it in on a new widebody Charger Hellcat Daytona. Didn't think it was possible, but I fell in love with the Hellcat all over again!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was getting kind of tired of my old Hellcat Charger and was thinking of trading in. It then started giving me some starting issues, so I traded it in on a new widebody Charger Hellcat Daytona. Didn't think it was possible, but I fell in love with the Hellcat all over again!!!
I cannot speak for the Charger. I ended up getting the Challenger. But I think the Charger WB is really good looking. I’m curious if Dodge is going to put the Hellephant in either car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
380 Posts
I would have to agree common especially with my current one this red eye challenger.Ive had plenty of fast rides in the past with the most recent being a fully built 2004 lightning Ford truck. Before that a slew of Mustangs from Fox bodies all the way up to a more modern 2001 Cobra.
None of those previous vehicles however gives the over all driving experience that the hellcat does.
It has a different aura about it somehow hard to explain but it's just a more satisfying driving experience and the fact that the Car turns heads every frigging where I go doesn't hurt either.
Lord knows I should not type this but it almost makes me which I was single lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
PermaGRIN when driving the Hellcat. No other car I’ve owned has ever made me smile and feel so damn happy like this car does. I love cars and have had several. Many have been great cars, but I can’t think of one that came close to making me feel downright giddy. I guess that’s what 707 HP does to a man. I just cannot believe Dodge made this car so damn crazy. It’s something I knew i wanted when the 2009 Challenger came out. I fell in love with the lines. When 2015 rolled around and they upped the power with the Hellcat, I became fairly determined to get one. Glad I made the choice, and God blessed me with the means to do so. These cars are so damn fun. It’s really great to be around to see it. I don’t think cars like this will be manufactured for much longer. I hope I can keep this car for quite some time and keep grinnin‘ and spinnin’!!! I’m sure I’m not any different than most on this Forum. Glad to be part of the MOPAR fam!
Another muscle car addict is born! Well said...Welcome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In my opinion the only thing I'd find more entertaining than the Hellcat is a true M car. Buddy has an Octane Red Demon and for some reason its just OK in my opinion and there's a list of other Coupes I'd chose over it. Frankly I like oddities. Had an X6M before and it was an overall amazing experience and considering it was faster than an M3 at the ring when they initially tested it I was immediately impressed. Yet if I wanted something with factory punch and experience of handling, the M5 Competition would be the only thing that would interest me besides the Hellcat.

For what it's worth though.... a man needs to define the most important question of all...

Are you a supercharger guy, or a turbo guy....

Major difference in the experience, and one just goes waaaaay faster with the right setup.

Reactions: OldSchool73

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,326 Posts
I would have to agree common especially with my current one this red eye challenger.Ive had plenty of fast rides in the past with the most recent being a fully built 2004 lightning Ford truck. Before that a slew of Mustangs from Fox bodies all the way up to a more modern 2001 Cobra.
None of those previous vehicles however gives the over all driving experience that the hellcat does.
It has a different aura about it somehow hard to explain but it's just a more satisfying driving experience and the fact that the Car turns heads every frigging where I go doesn't hurt either.
Lord knows I should not type this but it almost makes me which I was single lol
Hate to burst your bubble but only guys ever really care about these cars for the most part. They arent so much chick magnets, but if you replace the ”CH” with “D”, it‘d be a lot more accurate.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
380 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but only guys ever really care about these cars for the most part. They arent so much chick magnets, but if you replace the ”CH” with “D”, it‘d be a lot more accurate.
cant argue with the prick attraction, but here at the beach in NC, simply ride the strip and you will see what i mean , exceptional audible exhaust gets the ladies attention. Drives the wife nuts, ' why the hell they got to stare ' lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cant argue with the prick attraction, but here at the beach in NC, simply ride the strip and you will see what i mean , exceptional audible exhaust gets the ladies attention. Drives the wife nuts, ' why the hell they got to stare ' lol
I have gotten quite a bit of interest from females with this car. Much more than any other car I’ve owned. I think folks get that this car is in a different category than most. It puts down better than supercar power numbers at a fraction of the price. And I think the updated classic muscle car look is one of the prettiest designs out there, What’s not to love about that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess your experiences have been different. I’ve had a number of chicks ask for a ride in the HellCat. Never had that with my other coupes.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
I have gotten quite a bit of interest from females with this car. Much more than any other car I’ve owned. I think folks get that this car is in a different category than most. It puts down better than supercar power numbers at a fraction of the price. And I think the updated classic muscle car look is one of the prettiest designs out there, What’s not to love about that?
I agree with your philosophy lol. It just only seems to translate to men around here though. Women dont even notice them here. And when they do they dont seem to really care. Weird.
My experience is actually fairly common. If you could somehow search it here there have been a lot of similar posts. I would think women would love these cars but the reaction i get the most is none lol. Men flock to it though. Go figure. Wonder if it’s because it’s black. My new RE will be Octane red. Maybe women will like the new color, who knows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In my opinion the only thing I'd find more entertaining than the Hellcat is a true M car. Buddy has an Octane Red Demon and for some reason its just OK in my opinion and there's a list of other Coupes I'd chose over it. Frankly I like oddities. Had an X6M before and it was an overall amazing experience and considering it was faster than an M3 at the ring when they initially tested it I was immediately impressed. Yet if I wanted something with factory punch and experience of handling, the M5 Competition would be the only thing that would interest me besides the Hellcat.

For what it's worth though.... a man needs to define the most important question of all...

Are you a supercharger guy, or a turbo guy....

Major difference in the experience, and one just goes waaaaay faster with the right setup.
I have respect for the M line. Almost bought a 2003 M5 years ago. However, I don’t think they look as good as the Challenger and they definitely don’t sound as good to me. Funny thing to me was at Barrett Jackson last year, they had to take the BMW M off the course to cool off at the BMW booth, but the HellCats we’re running non stop at the Dodge Experience. Told me all I needed to know about this motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with your philosophy lol. It just only seems to translate to men around here though. Women dont even notice them here. And when they do they dont seem to really care. Weird.
My experience is actually fairly common. If you could somehow search it here there have been a lot of similar posts. I would think women would love these cars but the reaction i get the most is none lol. Men flock to it though. Go figure.
It makes sense, these are Brutish vehicles. I can see some women might find them a little over the top and maybe a bit too brash.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
145 Posts
I do miss my 2003 M3 at times. For having 143000 miles on it when it sold, it was damn near perfect condition. It was a scalpel on the roads, the Hellcat is a butcher knife.

There's also no doubting the fact that the hellcats are boxer droppers. You could pick up any dude with these cars. Park a Hellcat next to an RT with a bunch of appearance mods (especially graphics) and women will go for the RT. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I think the RT is poseur material. Where I live, a lot of dudes have them and the 392 as well and they like to rev when they see me. It’s like dude, save your money and maybe one day you earn the right to buck. It reminds me of the scene in Snatch where the guy Is pointing a gun with Replica printed on the side of it at Bullet Tooth Tony, who has a Desert Eagle .50.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
My Hellcat definitely makes me happier than all 3 of the Vettes I had, including a 600+ WHP C5 & a modded C6Z. I think a lot of it is b/c the HC is my daily vs the Vettes sat for half the year costing me $. I want to see a Redeye Charger. If not, I may have to go Challenger next

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
Reactions: NeverEnough
1 - 20 of 25 Posts