·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Tuesday to me......NOT

This is what I walked out to leaving to head to the gym about 45 minutes ago

They cut the brake lines and took all calipers/rotors

Be on the lookout for 2019 Charger Hellcat wheels/tires/brakes from Columbus Ohio area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good lord one of my worst fears. People who do this type of shit get off way to easy if they get caught needs to be an automatic 5 year prison sentence with extra slippery soap none negotiable. I hope someone will put 2 and 2 together if they see a set of hellcat wheels and brembo brakes on the market and you get them back, but tbh usually this stuff is gone should start looking into new wheels so your car isn't sitting too long like that. Super shitty situation could turn it into a positive though and upgrade to demon rotors and bigger sized wheels for fatter rubber.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good lord one of my worst fears. People who do this type of shit get off way to easy if they get caught needs to be an automatic 5 year prison sentence with extra slippery soap none negotiable. I hope someone will put 2 and 2 together if they see a set of hellcat wheels and brembo brakes on the market and you get them back, but tbh usually this stuff is gone should start looking into new wheels so your car isn't sitting too long like that. Super shitty situation could turn it into a positive though and upgrade to demon rotors and bigger sized wheels for fatter rubber.
Yeah I agree! And I was already looking into aftermarket wheels just for that reason

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
886 Posts
That sucks bro.
When I go to the mopar nats out there I have trouble sleeping.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what tire are you thinking of going with?
Not really sure, haven’t done much research for a street tire setup. I don’t think I want to pull the trigger and do a 17/18” ET Street R. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Nitto 555G2’s for the 20” wheels

·
BMF
4,419 Posts
Damn those guys didn’t play around

Reactions: CatDaddyB5

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need a garage...
I was waiting for someone to say that LOL our house is in the process of being planned and built. I store it in my dads pole barn during the winter. (I bought the car brand new last October).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not really sure, haven’t done much research for a street tire setup. I don’t think I want to pull the trigger and do a 17/18” ET Street R. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Nitto 555G2’s for the 20” wheels

Micky Thompson tires stick great but unless your in anything but warm perfect weather you'll get clapped haha. Getting some new wheels myself and go 305 squared up in R888Rs on my skinny body. NT555rs are really good street tire good grip and they do absolutely fine when wet or theres some rain. Thats what im running right now in the stock size.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Micky Thompson tires stick great but unless your in anything but warm perfect weather you'll get clapped haha. Getting some new wheels myself and go 305 squared up in R888Rs on my skinny body. NT555rs are really good street tire good grip and they do absolutely fine when wet or theres some rain. Thats what im running right now in the stock size.
I had the R888’s on my 700+ whp Civic and they hooked very well! Those were also something I was considering. Can a 20x10.5 be put on all four corners on a narrow body?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had the R888’s on my 700+ whp Civic and they hooked very well! Those were also something I was considering. Can a 20x10.5 be put on all four corners on a narrow body?

R888Rs are suppose to be even better plus wont get killed in the rain as well with them and are rated for 186+mph seen some crazy hp cars grip insanely well with them. I might be wrong but I think the challengers and chargers fender spacing is different :unsure: ill be going with a 20X10.5 with a negative 10 in the front and 20X11 in the rear with a negative 18. Trackday figured out this set up and my wheel and tire shop said it should work fine as well. So I think its going to be a pretty solid configuration for the hellcat challengers.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R888Rs are suppose to be even better plus wont get killed in the rain as well with them and are rated for 186+mph seen some crazy hp cars grip insanely well with them. I might be wrong but I think the challengers and chargers fender spacing is different :unsure: ill be going with a 20X10.5 with a negative 10 in the front and 20X11 in the rear with a negative 18. Trackday figured out this set up and my wheel and tire shop said it should work fine as well. So I think its going to be a pretty solid configuration for the hellcat challengers.
Ahh okay I see. I will definitely have to research more about the front spacing on my Charger vs a Challenger!

Thanks for the information and the positive thoughts about this situation. Very much appreciated!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ahh okay I see. I will definitely have to research more about the front spacing on my Charger vs a Challenger!

Thanks for the information and the positive thoughts about this situation. Very much appreciated!!

For sure would be pretty rad to put 305s squared up on your charger. To get these offsets thought you gotta get a custom wheel which aren't cheapest option out there thats for sure haha so I think its one of the main reasons we aren't really seeing any skinny bodies run the 305s squared up. No worries bro happy to help I know id be pissed beyond belief. Gotta turn this situation into a comeback and just improve your ride and have fun with it.🤙

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For sure would be pretty rad to put 305s squared up on your charger. To get these offsets thought you gotta get a custom wheel which aren't cheapest option out there thats for sure haha so I think its one of the main reasons we aren't really seeing any skinny bodies run the 305s squared up. No worries bro happy to help I know id be pissed beyond belief. Gotta turn this situation into a comeback and just improve your ride and have fun with it.
Yes exactly!!! The OEM wheels aren’t cheap anyways, around $1100 each from the dealer plus the high price of the junk Pirelli factory tires so that gives me a cushion

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes exactly!!! The OEM wheels aren’t cheap anyways, around $1100 each from the dealer plus the high price of the junk Pirelli factory tires so that gives me a cushion

could get some factory repos for the time being not crazy expensive at all for a set or find some used ones just to leave your car on, get some cheap tires like the fire hawk indy 500s are like 80 a pop and way better than the shitzeros. At least this way you'll be able to use the car still and actually still have some fun with it until you figure out the perfect wheel spec for your charger.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts