SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, everyone

So I am not quite a new member to the Hellcat Community, but I am a new member to the Charger community. A Little back story is, I used to own a 2015 Challenger Hellcat M6, I absolutely loved it! As my family grew so did the need to get something with a little more space. I loved driving stick but my wife absolutely hated it! (she called it a chore instead of an experience) It was hard to say goodbye to the manual because I believe that using a clutch and selecting my own gears makes things more personal. I had to be a good husband and also be honest with myself and accept that my days of driving a two door stick were over... but that didn't mean my days of driving a Hellcat were over... I convinced my wife into letting me get a Charger Hellcat! Fast forward a month and now I am the proud owner of a 2015 Charger Hellcat!

The Charger had some pretty significant rock damage/sandblast due to getting caught in the storm that struck all around the nation a few weeks ago, but other than that, it was well taken care of. 6k miles and one of the prior owners was New York Governor Andrew Cuomo! (due to recent allegations a deep cleaning was necessary) Unfortunately, now I have to correct the scratches! (Which I will post a separate discussion about) Overall I am happy I get to keep a Hellcat in the family and also keep the wife happy. I can't quite figure out which vehicle I like more, but what I can say is that they are both very different experiences and both are special in their own way. Anyways thanks for reading!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
173 Posts
Congrats, interesting to know NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo had a Charger Hellcat maybe his brother Chris Cuomo (CNN prime time Journalist) has the Challenger Hellcat lol. Would like to hear your experiences and comparisons since owning both Hellcats.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Drive that thing in manual mode using the shifter in track settings and you might be surprised at the control you have. You may not miss the 6M as much.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
I went from a charger hellcat to a challenger redeye. I’m trying to get use to the smaller interior. I like the bigger charger, but love the looks and speed of the redeye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts