SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

· Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,787 Posts
Cabela's and MidwayUSA always have what I want. Optics Planet is also good for holsters, scopes, and lasers.

BKuz

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
View attachment 5532
Takes about 6 months right now for the stamp, I try and always have one in process.

Working up some .300BLK Out loads 210-220 grain sub, 135-160 super
Next up grade on this is full floating hand guard.
I felt the same way, so I bought 3 suppressors at the same time! What powders are you using for subs? A1680 is supposed to be the holy grail for these in a pistol length system, but none around here to be found!

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
Like the title says I have two loves Hellcats and 1911's. The problem is they are both expensive mistresses. :eek: Anyone else have this dilemma. :(
Yes.Fast Mopars and My BAR.Want to go against that with your 45.My Charger is supposed be at dealer on Monday.I told him if anybody touches that car before I get there I'm bringing my BAR.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
265 Posts
OK, 1911's are sweet and pretty, and naturally great shooters. I have even learned to tune them myself so they are more reliable.

However, there is only one pistol I want when planning to raid Hell to kidnap Hitler's ghost to stand trial...

And it will be my Glock 17 EDC (Every Day Carry).

When not on my hip, it spends it's life rarely more than 2 feet from me, and with my custom holster I can even wear it in my swim trunks. Checks in at 2lbs, 1 ounce, fully loaded with 18 rounds of 124+P 9mm.

More reliable ?? You can't get more reliable than a 1911, unless it's a cheap piece of junk. Glocks are great pistols I have a couple myself but I have to take issue with a 1911 not being reliable, a hundred plus years history say's different.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
More reliable ?? You can't get more reliable than a 1911, unless it's a cheap piece of junk. Glocks are great pistols I have a couple myself but I have to take issue with a 1911 not being reliable, a hundred plus years history say's different.
I love my 1911's, but I have to disagree about reliability. While my 1911's run well, they don't run NEAR as long as my Glocks will without cleaning. My G24 hasn't been cleaned in almost 3 years, and I shoot it weekly in competition (250+ rnds). My 1911's would max out at about 1000 rds before needing a good cleaning and a quart of oil;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Had to make my own G21 longslide a few years ago since Glock wasn't getting around to it........

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Assault rifle Rifle Airsoft

My 300 Blackout pistol
View attachment 5532
Takes about 6 months right now for the stamp, I try and always have one in process.

Working up some .300BLK Out loads 210-220 grain sub, 135-160 super
Next up grade on this is full floating hand guard.

Reactions: 70Cuda

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
OK.......You all are going to get me in trouble at home.......I need another 1911 like I needed a Hellcat.......
Colt Gold Cup, Colt 1911 Series 7, Kimber Super Match, Kimber SS-2, Kimber Eclipse, and some old Colts that belonged to my Father.......

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
I felt the same way, so I bought 3 suppressors at the same time! What powders are you using for subs? A1680 is supposed to be the holy grail for these in a pistol length system, but none around here to be found!
Hogdon Lil Gun but I have not spent much time on it. thats 16" Krieger Barrel

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
View attachment 5572 Today's 1911 in carrying.
Ed Brown totally custom ordered.
I have that exact same commander from Ed Brown, only I put AlumaGrips on it because the original grips were wearing holes in all of my shirts when I would carry it concealed. I had mine custom built as well. Great guys over there!

Reactions: CatBurghlr

· SRT Hellcat Lunatic!
Challenger SRT Hellcat
344 Posts
I'm a Hellcat and 1911 fan as well. Nothing fancy, a full size Colt 1911 9MM with a green Crimson Trace LaserGrip for the home and a Colt New Agent 9MM with the same green Crimson Trace LaserGrip as my 'American Express" (Never leave home without it).

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
258 Posts
Well, I have just decided if I never get my hellcat I will just buy 70,000 in guns instead. I have collected guns my whole life and it is the best addiction a person can have.
Recent report states that America is armed to gills with over 300 millions guns over any other nation. I can't imagine any Terrorist (ok they're crazy) wanting to carry out an attack here without knowing they'll surely meet their fate.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
You can't get more reliable? Yes, actually, I can.

I've owned and sold every 1911 from the Colts to the latest cheap Phillipino crew, six now in total have passed through my hands ranging from brand new to over 50 years old, and everyone of them jammed with modern hollowpoints, some even with hardball.

I have also owned/do own Sigs, Berettas, H&Ks and Smiths semis as well. All of them worked.

Every, and I mean EVERY 1911 I have owned had feeding problems till I threw money and/or elbow grease at it, and some special magazine. I don't even clean or oil my Glock-maybe once every 600-100 rounds? Why? Because it is 100% reliable, 100% of the time regardless.

And in case you are wondering, I am an armorer for Sig, H&K, Beretta, and Glock, and a firearms instructor. I have seen A LOT OF GUNS, a lot of people, and a lot of ammo fired.
I stand by my original statement.

YMMV-

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.