SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 pitch black challenger hellcat, I'm actually thinking about trading it in because of a couple reasons. First I was rear ended back in 17 and it caused 12k worth of damage. All parts were OEM and you cant tell any worse for wear but its on the back of my mind. Second is its at 32k miles so about to go out of mileage warranty. I've been looking at Scat Pack chargers due to my bulldog needs his own door haha. So I saw a WB indigo blue one today and its beautiful, only problem is I cant get past the fact Ill be giving up 250 hp. I no longer really get on the HC but what's your opinion.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,018 Posts
Order a Charger Widebody Redeye-yi-yi-yi-yi your dog will be very pleased.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
If it’s on your mind now just wait until your stuck with this feeling after. I strongly advise against it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
670 Posts
There's no way in hell I'd trade my HC in for a car with 250 less hp. NO way. lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
I’d just switch it up from the challenger to the Charger. Never driven the HC Charger but have driven the RT and 392 challenger and will always pick the Charger over but will definitely do the HC...I love my WBHC Charger 🤷🏾‍♂️... would only get rid of it if the Durango HC came available

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
398 Posts
I would snag a HC Charger... because then it's the same great feeling, just four doors....

I do understand the desire to get out of something with a bad wreck and all...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitely a bad call MSgt. I made a similar downgrade from a '13 GT500 to a '15 Grand Cherokee SRT and missed the power almost immediately. Scat Packs are fun, but coming from a Hellcat will most likely give you the itch to get back into one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I went and looked at the scat pack and was interested but I could not pull the trigger. Dealer keeps calling me sweetening the deal but I just cant.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
20 Posts
i recommend against it. I don’t need the extra HP, I can’t even use the extra HP but I have it and I don’t want to live without that supercharger whine and the knowledge it’s there. I traded up from a 12 SRT with lots of useable HP but never in my life have I been satisfied with almost enough and the excess of my 16 pitch black Hellcat fits me perfectly.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So I have my supercharged 14 Challenger, 510 RWHP respectable car in it’s own right but compared to our Hellcat all I can tell you is speed changes you...
I just think you will miss the HP even if you just use it from time to time. I would look for a Hellcat Charger that has been gently used. You know you are going to get hammered on your trade due to damage and mileage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts