SRT Hellcat Forum banner

I need a dealer for service.

3039 17
I've seen lots of people post about having a specific mechanic that they use at their local dealer....or SRT trained dealer/mechanic.

I'm buying from a dealer too far and this is my first dodge. There is a place a mile from my house but they've only been there for about 2 years (Caitlin Dodge in Elkins Park, PA).

Anyone have recommendations? Ok to use them for service? Oil changes only? What should I ask?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
<Insert witty title here>
Charger SRT Hellcat
554 Posts
I've seen lots of people post about having a specific mechanic that they use at their local dealer....or SRT trained dealer/mechanic.

I'm buying from a dealer too far and this is my first dodge. There is a place a mile from my house but they've only been there for about 2 years (Caitlin Dodge in Elkins Park, PA).

Anyone have recommendations? Ok to use them for service? Oil changes only? What should I ask?
Ask them if they have a specific SRT tech on staff. They should, but if they don't, find another dealer that does.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
Ask them if they have a specific SRT tech on staff. They should, but if they don't, find another dealer that does.
Yes us non srt techs don't know crap. Btw as of 2013 no srt tech training corses. Chrysler combined a ton of classes.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
^^^ what noBoost said! Spend the day visiting service shops and interview Service managers.
You need SRT/Viper trained mech. I drive an hour to get to the one I chose. They have two, we all agreed just one would be my guy.i call find out his days off and work around that.

·
<Insert witty title here>
Charger SRT Hellcat
554 Posts
Yes us non srt techs don't know crap. Btw as of 2013 no srt tech training corses. Chrysler combined a ton of classes.
Someone's touchy this morning. If a dealer has an SRT tech on staff, they are more equipped to handle these cars. But since I stated non-SRT techs know nothing, you MUST find an SRT tech to work on your car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
Someone's touchy this morning. If a dealer has an SRT tech on staff, they are more equipped to handle these cars. But since I stated non-SRT techs know nothing, you MUST find an SRT tech to work on your car.
Yes find a srt tech. I better fine one also

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
Or take your car down to Joe's Garage and hope for the best. Rob asked for recommendations. I gave one. You got your Sunday panties in a bunch. Move on.
Not at all. I work with a group of techs I would put up next to anyone myself included. And as a MASTER CHRYSLER TECH. There is no more SRT corses PERIOD. I will also add ASE MASTER and GM MASTER

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So let's not try to make this a pissing match. Since the local place is only 2 years in, they orobably don't have SRT trained techs anyway. That being said Drbuick....what can I say or do to find a good/reliable non-SRT tech like yourself?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
So let's not try to make this a pissing match. Since the local place is only 2 heads ind they orobably don't have SRT trained techs anyway. That being said Drbuick....what can I say or do to find a good/reliable non-SRT tech like yourself?
I would go in and ask the service writers who they have work on there cars. As most don't want cars coming back. And know who does the best work.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spoke to the manager at the local spot today. It's less than 10 minutes from my house. New Dodge dealership.

He told me he brought his best guy with him from his last place. They both came together. He's SRT certified, ASE & GM master. Works on Vipers and all the SRT's. I'm good. He told me to bring it in for first oil change...said its fine for me to hang close and watch if i want reassurance. Good stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.