SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone!! My name is Nikki and I have been researching everywhere for help. I have a 2017 charger hellcat and it has been giving me issues lately. one thing is that the dash states that the battery on key fob is low so little by little the car started responding less and less eave time i used the key fob. Another thing is that the car has been dying on me. i used it every day for work so it was my daily but ever since i got my durango i dont drive it often and when i want to go start it, i wont start. i took the battery to auto zone to do a test on the battery and they told me if passed. So i am not sure what is going on with my car and i dont want to pay to get it serviced yet in case it is something simple. if you have any suggestions please let me know!! TYSM!

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
hello everyone!! My name is Nikki and I have been researching everywhere for help. I have a 2017 charger hellcat and it has been giving me issues lately. one thing is that the dash states that the battery on key fob is low so little by little the car started responding less and less eave time i used the key fob. Another thing is that the car has been dying on me. i used it every day for work so it was my daily but ever since i got my durango i dont drive it often and when i want to go start it, i wont start. i took the battery to auto zone to do a test on the battery and they told me if passed. So i am not sure what is going on with my car and i dont want to pay to get it serviced yet in case it is something simple. if you have any suggestions please let me know!! TYSM!
You can replace the FOB Battery easy enough by following instructions in the Owner's Manual.

If your car has the original battery, it's end-of-life. You got 4 + years... it's done. Don't trust it. These cars depend on a proper battery a whole lot. Replace it and then see if your issues continue or stop.

Let us know...

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your battery in you keyfob is dying. It won't let you start the car because it doesn't sense it. Try starting the car by physicallly pushing the keyfob on the start button.

R.K.

Thank you for your reply! i just came back from the dealership to get new batteries for the keyfobs and they told me that it was doing the same thing even with the new batteries :(

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can replace the FOB Battery easy enough by following instructions in the Owner's Manual.

If your car has the original battery, it's end-of-life. You got 4 + years... it's done. Don't trust it. These cars depend on a proper battery a whole lot. Replace it and then see if your issues continue or stop.

Let us know...

i just came back from the dealership to get new batteries for the keyfobs and they told me that it was doing the same thing even with the new batteries :( i will give an update because they told me at the dealership that the keyfob had nothing to do with the car not starting

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
i just came back from the dealership to get new batteries for the keyfobs and they told me that it was doing the same thing even with the new batteries :( i will give an update because they told me at the dealership that the keyfob had nothing to do with the car not starting
The main battery in the trunk is done... suggest it be replaced....

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
how would i check the battery? I bought the car used, it had 3k miles on it so maybe it has a stock battery and needs a new one? i just didnt get a new one since it had passed the test at autozone
Did Autozone tell you what test(s) they performed?? Did they give you a Printout with the Results??

· Banned
5,317 Posts
Go to the nearest Dealership get a professional to fix it

Reactions: 2ndAmend

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did Autozone tell you what test(s) they performed?? Did they give you a Printout with the Results??

the funny thing is that i dont know what kind of tests they performed. I dropped off the battery they "tested it" told me it passed and left it there for them to charge it. I came back later that day to pick it up and they weren't able to tell me how long it was charging for because their building at some point had no power. maybe i should get it tested somewhere else just to make sure?

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next time don't bother with the dealership to change the key FOB battery--it takes a standard watch battery you can buy at any grocery store and change it yourself--just pop it open and swap them out, easy peasy.

Thank you!! the only reason why i went there was to get more info on why the car wouldnt start basically but they said that the keyfob has nothing to do with the car not starting :rolleyes:

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,287 Posts
I'd get a stock replacement battery but whatever battery you get make sure it has and that they properly hook up your battery vent tube as you do not want battery fumes discharging in your trunk.

Also if you are not going to drive it much you need a battery tender or maintainer and you should do an overnight charge every 2 or 3 weeks or so, if not, you'll be in the same boat again soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
341 Posts
Did the dealership check the date on the car battery? If it's older than 4+ years....Replace it! These cars act funny and electric system goes haywire when the battery is low. If the dealership missed this then you may want to check with another competent dealership to have this done.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.