SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put Flowmaster Super10's on my 2016 Hellcat Challenger, did I do a mistake? I mean.... did I lose Horse Power? .. or maybe since it can breath better, did I increase horse power? Did I void any factory warranties? I also put 305 Mickey Thompson Streets on too... and I also put two D.I.P.S. inserts in the two front headlight holes.

I kept the stock exhausts in my garage, and the new black quad exhaust tips looks really nice.. way better looking than the stock double exhaust .

Here is a video of my exhaust upgrade:

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,006 Posts
You may loose a little HP but nothing noticeable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cat back will not void a warranty
Thanks.... I dont know exactly what a cat back is... LOL.. forgive me. I think they just put the the Super10's in and changed the exhaust tips. Three parts that they took out.... the two pieces attached to the stock exhaust tips, I assume they are resonators, and a bigger parts.. i think it is the stock muffler. So they left the stock cats on? The cats are the electric part that muffles the sound when you put it out of default stock and into Sport or Track? Because that they left alone. Thanks for you help, I know little about car parts.. but love the Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may loose a little HP but nothing noticeable.
Loose HP? SMH That makes me want to put the stock back on. But I am not sure you can change the tips without changing the resonators. Because there is only like an inch to work with between the stock tips that are attached to the resonators.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
151 Posts
Ok , so they just did the mufflers . you are good then . The only thing that could be a problem is if you broke a drive shaft since you put on the Mickey Thompson tires.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,006 Posts
Loose HP? SMH That makes me want to put the stock back on. But I am not sure you can change the tips without changing the resonators. Because there is only like an inch to work with between the stock tips that are attached to the resonators.
Very little if any like less then 10hp if anything. Nothing to be worried about if you like the sound. Just buy a Legmaker intake and you will get back what you lost. The Legmaker intake is the only one I believe that will actually give you a HP gain without a tune.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
153 Posts
Pix!!!! Also the "Cat" refer to the catalytic converters which Mufflers that contain catalyst to help remove toxins from the exhaust fumes. They also house the O2 sensors. They are connected to the headersand then to the rest of the exhaust system.The electronic box you're referring to are the bafflers located inside of our exhaust systems. They open to allow more free flowing exhaust when you place the car in the other driver mode.so when someone is referring to a cat back exhaust they're saying that you did not replace the catalytic converter's or remove them and run straight pipes. And if you had done that that will be called a header back exhaust....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok , so they just did the mufflers . you are good then . The only thing that could be a problem is if you broke a drive shaft since you put on the Mickey Thompson tires.
Thanks. Relief to hear... I paid for the Dodge Extended Warranty.... would have been mad at myself if I voided my warranty. I dont bring my HC to the track.. so I have nothing to worry about? Worse comes to worse I will just put on the stock tires that I kept in storage. Thanks for your input, sir :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pix!!!! Also the "Cat" refer to the catalytic converters which Mufflers that contain catalyst to help remove toxins from the exhaust fumes. They also house the O2 sensors. They are connected to the headersand then to the rest of the exhaust system.The electronic box you're referring to are the bafflers located inside of our exhaust systems. They open to allow more free flowing exhaust when you place the car in the other driver mode.so when someone is referring to a cat back exhaust they're saying that you did not replace the catalytic converter's or remove them and run straight pipes. And if you had done that that will be called a header back exhaust....
Thanks for you input. Here is a video of my exhaust upgrade:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds really good and your welcome!
Thank you. When I put the pedal to the metal it really screams! Also the cold starts I think are louder. But I dont hear the annoying loud drone... like I did when I put Flowmaster 40's on my old 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T. On my R/T the drone was so bad that it interfered with the bluetooth phone calls. the Super10s on my Hellcat only get really loud when I cold start or gun it.. not noticeably louder at idle. Just how I wanted it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts
cat back will not void a warranty
besides voiding your warranty , why do you need to go faster? i just passed 2000 miles i arbitrarily called breakin i have been openinnig up every chance i get a chance , assuming i live long enough i have 55 years of driving, 4 vettes, 3 vipers and various supercharged jags nothing is even in the universe, i assume if i come accross another hellcat i'll have a race, but absent that no one has even been close , i usually toy with porches and mustangs, and give them a headstart then i blast by them and scare the shit out of them , m6. lving every minute of it and that's without burnouts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts
besides voiding your warranty , why do you need to go faster? i just passed 2000 miles i arbitrarily called breakin i have been openinnig up every chance i get a chance , assuming i live long enough i have 55 years of driving, 4 vettes, 3 vipers and various supercharged jags nothing is even in the universe, i assume if i come accross another hellcat i'll have a race, but absent that no one has even been close , i usually toy with porches and mustangs, and give them a headstart then i blast by them and scare the shit out of them , m6. living every minute of it and that's without burnouts.
using 7 qts of royal purple 0/40 + and royal purple filter, i don't like that penzoil stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts