SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried leasing a 2020 widebody charger hellcat. Per dodge’s website it was $520-540 a month with $8k down. 24 months at 10k miles a year. No dealership would honor that. Some bs excuse why they couldn’t. Ok fine.

Now I decide to buy something around $50-55k and I find something, communicate with the buyer, we agree on price and I’m ready to move forward then the seller goes ghost. Or we agree on a price then sellers raise the price.

I am about to give up and look for something else.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm currently seeking out a lease deal myself. Stay persistent something will come through for you. Amd the 8k down etc is BS you never want to put money down outside of first months payment tax & tags. I will @you under my lease thread.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently seeking out a lease deal myself. Stay persistent something will come through for you. Amd the 8k down etc is BS you never want to put money down outside of first months payment tax & tags. I will @you under my lease thread.
Trust me I didn’t want to pay $8k down but I also didn’t want a $1k+ payment. I’ve been down that road having multiple $1k+ car notes at the same time and hated it. I figured $8k down and pay mid $500’s a month wasn’t bad

·
Registered
184 Posts
Trust me I didn’t want to pay $8k down but I also didn’t want a $1k+ payment. I’ve been down that road having multiple $1k+ car notes at the same time and hated it. I figured $8k down and pay mid $500’s a month wasn’t bad
You won't have to pay that if you are leasing... finance yes but not leasing. I tagged you on my thread you can see some lease numbers in there.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
$550 + 8k/mo = 800/mo.

Don't put any money down, read the whole thread ice tagged you in.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
263 Posts
Inventory (both used & new) are all screwy currently due to the months of plandemic shut downs & BS, which even affected dodge. Dealers are so short on certain inventory in some areas, they are contacting prior HC buyers and offering several thousand over KBB, just to get cars in the showroom. Oddly enough, it seems to be a seller market, not a buyers one.
I sold my demon, 2 weeks ago. I was literally overloaded with emails (as in 100's) and had it sold in under 4 hours. The wife unit tripped out..lol. My asking price was way over what it could have been, hoping to stave off the tire kickers, and even with that, I had guys offering to one up the previous offers. My buyer paid cash without blinking an eye.
If you are not on the spot ready to rock n roll, with funding in hand/on the hook, you will simply loose to those that do.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inventory (both used & new) are all screwy currently due to the months of plandemic shut downs & BS, which even affected dodge. Dealers are so short on certain inventory in some areas, they are contacting prior HC buyers and offering several thousand over KBB, just to get cars in the showroom. Oddly enough, it seems to be a seller market, not a buyers one.
I sold my demon, 2 weeks ago. I was literally overloaded with emails (as in 100's) and had it sold in under 4 hours. The wife unit tripped out..lol. My asking price was way over what it could have been, hoping to stave off the tire kickers, and even with that, I had guys offering to one up the previous offers. My buyer paid cash without blinking an eye.
If you are not on the spot ready to rock n roll, with funding in hand/on the hook, you will simply loose to those that do.
Congrats on your sale. I have noticed the lack of inventory everywhere and due to that dealers really not wanting to make any deals.

I’m a buyer with funds ready to go. I can find a car right now and have buyer funded within a few hours.Problem I am encountering is once it’s gets to the point with a private seller they go MIA

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,489 Posts
Errr, the money you put down is just lowering the payment. Don't put as much down, have higher payment, and use the $8k you would have put down to make/supplement said payments.

Also, if you total the car/it gets totaled, you still have your cash in the bank and the car is free and clear from your books. You put the $8k down and that happens, you're out $8k, you don't get anything back.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
993 Posts
What method did you use to sell your Demon? And why’d you sell it?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
993 Posts
Errr, the money you put down is just lowering the payment. Don't put as much down, have higher payment, and use the $8k you would have put down to make/supplement said payments.

Also, if you total the car/it gets totaled, you still have your cash in the bank and the car is free and clear from your books. You put the $8k down and that happens, you're out $8k, you don't get anything back.
And follow this advice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
389 Posts
$550 + 8k/mo = 800/mo.

Don't put any money down, read the whole thread ice tagged you in.
what's a fully loaded 2016 pearl white auto 9000 miles worth A1 condition

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
Input your vin into vroom or carvana. I think vroom is gonna be better. But both of these companies will give you a cash offer. Even private party listings are worth checking out.

Kbb/NADA values are showing a little lower than what people are able to sell for at this time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tried leasing a 2020 widebody charger hellcat. Per dodge’s website it was $520-540 a month with $8k down. 24 months at 10k miles a year. No dealership would honor that. Some bs excuse why they couldn’t. Ok fine.

Now I decide to buy something around $50-55k and I find something, communicate with the buyer, we agree on price and I’m ready to move forward then the seller goes ghost. Or we agree on a price then sellers raise the price.

I am about to give up and look for something else.
The virus has screwed up supply and demand. Dealerships can’t get new cars to replace what they get rid of. Dealership in Boston raised prices on used cars. They figured if don’t have new cars to sell might as well get top dollar for what’s on lot. Thanks China.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,489 Posts
Input your vin into vroom or carvana. I think vroom is gonna be better. But both of these companies will give you a cash offer. Even private party listings are worth checking out.

Kbb/NADA values are showing a little lower than what people are able to sell for at this time.
Carvana says "your vehicle stumped our algorithm, provide your contact info and we'll be in touch"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just buy one carvana or vroom
I really don’t want to buy from a dealer if I’m buying used. I can’t stand all the fees and taxes. Instead of spending $3-4K on taxes I’d rather spend it on finding a better car private party.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The virus has screwed up supply and demand. Dealerships can’t get new cars to replace what they get rid of. Dealership in Boston raised prices on used cars. They figured if don’t have new cars to sell might as well get top dollar for what’s on lot. Thanks China.
I know this shit crazy. I even contacted a dealer and said I’d order one. I really want a white with red interior. The manager said they couldn’t even order one lol.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts