SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,188 Posts
Hey guys,

I do have a hellcat engine, and I'm thinking of installing it on my second car, 2013 RT challenger.

Do you have any ideas about what do I need exactly and in details?

Thanks
If it were me I would sell the RT and the Hellcat engine and buy a used low mile gently driven Hellcat. I don't have the kind of motivation needed for the swap job.:rolleyes:

Reactions: DGatzby

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Not that bad a swap really. You'll want to get a 8HP90 transmission because the R/Ts had the lower capacity model. Marry the two up, bolt 'em in (should be able to use the same trans mounts, maybe the same engine mounts), and load the right software (lots of good tuners here on the forum) and maybe a boost-a-pump to get more fuel flow. Add the coolers for the oil and the intercooler - might need a new front clip. Add a Hellcat hood of your choice to clear the supercharger.

OK, now I'm with Chally Cat. :p

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it were me I would sell the RT and the Hellcat engine and buy a used low mile gently driven Hellcat. I don't have the kind of motivation needed for the swap job.:rolleyes:
Well, selling the engine and my RT will not help me to afford a used hellcat,here in Kuwait. I am thinking of selling something else...my kidney

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Well, selling the engine and my RT will not help me to afford a used hellcat,here in Kuwait. I am thinking of selling something else...my kidney
Don't do it Doc! One of your relatives might need one some day.:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Any good speed shops in Kuwait?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,705 Posts
It will be outrageously expensive and time consuming to pay a shop to attempt this and you will probably regret the day you decided to do it.

I don't know what a Hellcat would cost in Kuwait but I can almost guarantee that you will be much happier and $$$ ahead with.a factory built car.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got
It will be outrageously expensive and time consuming to pay a shop to attempt this and you will probably regret the day you decided to do it.

I don't know what a Hellcat would cost in Kuwait but I can almost guarantee that you will be much happier and $$$ ahead with.a factory built car.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
You got A point buddy!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
I'm not sure it'll be that bad (depending on how much you do yourself).
PCM, engine harness, heat exchanger (up front for supercharger), supercharger coolant pump, fuel pumps, some mounting brackets, lines, and more harness pieces. You might want the HP90 trans, but the 70 might hold up with the right tuning. Not sure if you said you had a stick or auto. I actually like the gear ratios in the non-hellcat manual trans better anyway if you're a manual already.

$.02

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure it'll be that bad (depending on how much you do yourself).
PCM, engine harness, heat exchanger (up front for supercharger), supercharger coolant pump, fuel pumps, some mounting brackets, lines, and more harness pieces. You might want the HP90 trans, but the 70 might hold up with the right tuning. Not sure if you said you had a stick or auto. I actually like the gear ratios in the non-hellcat manual trans better anyway if you're a manual already.

$.02
I have the automatic gear but, I'm not sure about it's integrity after the accident,the car is not touched yet,until I get the permission from the court.

·
HOTM Winner
363 Posts
The rear diff, axle shafts, driveline and coolant systems are certainly not as beefy on the R/T. I am also fiarly sure suspension spring rates are also different given the hellcat engine weighs a bit more than the 5.7l. This is not to say they will not fit & function, but may not live long with the higher HP/torque or may give you a wanky drive experience. The entire electrical system is different 2015 and later as well, but I know this has been overcome by folks converting over to the hellcat nose and headlights in pre 2015 cars, but it is not plug 'n play from what I understand.
I think it would be far more work, than reward and ungodly costly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rear diff, axle shafts, driveline and coolant systems are certainly not as beefy on the R/T. I am also fiarly sure suspension spring rates are also different given the hellcat engine weighs a bit more than the 5.7l. This is not to say they will not fit & function, but may not live long with the higher HP/torque or may give you a wanky drive experience. The entire electrical system is different 2015 and later as well, but I know this has been overcome by folks converting over to the hellcat nose and headlights in pre 2015 cars, but it is not plug 'n play from what I understand.
I think it would be far more work, than reward and ungodly costly.
Thanks for your opinion,I started to change my mind

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
I missed that you have a 2013. Electrical system and module integration is different. The required integration of the PCM with the BCM and other modules will probably be pretty rough. It might even require changing tail lights. I'm changing my vote.

I remember one group online did a hellcat swap into an old (60's or 70's) charger they actually had to wire up mount the new Charger tail lights in the trunk. Just to keep the engine running.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.