SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go through and place an order today for a 21 Charger Hellcat, is the current 6k rebate locked in and given at the time of delivery or will it be gone and I would have to hope for another rebate?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can lock the 6K.
You can lock the 6K.
I was talking to someone at my local dealership and they said "you can't lock in rebates anywhere in the nation," is he just trying to get me to order or is he right. I only want to really order if i know ill be getting a 6-7k rebate with power dollars or the current rebate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you able to place an order for a charger hellcat(non-redeye)? I heard back earlier this month that they were still delayed due to the semiconductor issue.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,343 Posts
Many dealers will tell you that you cant lock it in. Lots of controversy on this. But unless something has changed recently I'm pretty sure they can. They need to check this box when ordering.
image0[5062].JPG

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,696 Posts
Many dealers will tell you that you cant lock it in. Lots of controversy on this. But unless something has changed recently I'm pretty sure they can. They need to check this box when ordering.
View attachment 569238
I see you post that a lot. But if you look carefully the Vehicle has to be identified somehow. So if you do not have a VIN and there is not the correct info in the drop down menus then you are not going to be able to use this feature. Just like the build configs on the Dodge site many times this stuff is not updated in a timely manner. Once you have a VIN, I think you could bug your salse guy to go in and protect the rebates.

I know for sure at least one of my resent purchases he was not able to protect the Rebates. The 2020 RedEye or the Super Stock.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I see you post that a lot. But if you look carefully the Vehicle has to be identified somehow. So if you do not have a VIN and there is not the correct info in the drop down menus then you are not going to be able to use this feature. Just like the build configs on the Dodge site many times this stuff is not updated in a timely manner. Once you have a VIN, I think you could bug your salse guy to go in and protect the rebates.

I know for sure at least one of my resent purchases he was not able to protect the Rebates. The 2020 RedEye or the Super Stock.
Yeah this is assuming you have a vin but my point is that a lot of dealers don't seem to know about it. I would think that if a buyer was armed with this knowledge they could be sure to bring it up pre-purchase. And it wouldn't be difficult for a dealer to go into an existing order with a vin just to be sure they can still do it in order to either confirm or deny the option. Would certainly help sales if they could confirm it.
I do post it a lot only because newer members ask it frequently.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,696 Posts
Yeah this is assuming you have a vin but my point is that a lot of dealers don't seem to know about it. I would think that if a buyer was armed with this knowledge they could be sure to bring it up pre-purchase. And it wouldn't be difficult for a dealer to go into an existing order with a vin just to be sure they can still do it in order to either confirm or deny the option. Would certainly help sales if they could confirm it.
I do post it a lot only because newer members ask it frequently.
I studied that more. It has a place for delivery date. So this likely is used when you are closing the sale. That would mean it can be used after the fact by just checking that box. I actually think I have looked over their shoulder and seen this when they were trying to see what rebates I qualified for. In my case the owner orders my Cars and I am sure he is sitting with a sales manager when they are finishing all my paperwork.

It's a good thing that you post this. I am just trying to understand it and not just assume.

So this is proof that the dealer if they know what they are doing can maximize your rebates.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
The rebates aren't any money out of their pockets I don't think so they have no reason not to maximize them.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
The rebates aren't any money out of there pockets I don't think so they have no reason not to maximize them.
No but many dont even look into it and/or just dont know. Many of us (including me) will not buy without it. It’s in their best interest to be more thorough. Like you said it doesnt cost one red penny from them and could make or break a sale. If I was a store owner I would be making sure my sales people were well aware of it and actually pushing it.

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
2018 Demon
10 Posts
How were you guys able to lock it in? The manager told me there was no way to do this and I ordered today and am just hoping another rebate will start up
I was able to get the manager to agree to lock it in on paper because no one could directly answer my question on it in the dealer

1 - 20 of 70 Posts