SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out to day and came across this widebody hellcat. So as I take a closer look at it seems to be an actual redeye Challenger hellcat widebody. The dealer has it listed as a standard WBHC. I explain to the salesperson it’s a redeye version. They had no clue and is listed @ $64.9k with 12.4k miles. Which is not that bad. As I’ve seen widebody redeyes with more miles in the low $70k range. This is probably the package I would get, just wrong timing at the moment. Here is a link to the dealership that’s selling the car. Used Dodge Challenger for Sale in Ijamsville, MD - CarGurus

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,481 Posts
There are new ones at Koons for that price. Not sure which options but they are WB RE’s. I think this price would be high if it were a standard Hellcat tbh. Seems in line if not high for a used RE with that many miles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are new ones at Koons for that price. Not sure which options but they are WB RE’s. I think this price would be high if it were a standard Hellcat tbh. Seems in line if not high for a used RE with that many miles.
koons in northern va? I was checking online for the redeye WB hellcats, but most places had cloth interior when the price was decent. Even those are around $70k-$72k. I would want leather instead. My first option is the WBHCRE with low miles 7k or less for $65k or less. My second option is the regular WBHC with leather. I don’t really want new and lose so much in depreciation value just driving off the lot. So very lightly used. I’m a few months out anyways before I can do something. I was just posting if someone else in the area was looking the a WBREHC.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
koons in northern va? I was checking online for the redeye WB hellcats, but most places had cloth interior when the price was decent. Even those are around $70k-$72k. I would want leather instead. My first option is the WBHCRE with low miles 7k or less for $65k or less. My second option is the regular WBHC with leather. I don’t really want new and lose so much in depreciation value just driving off the lot. So very lightly used. I’m a few months out anyways before I can do something. I was just posting if someone else in the area was looking the a WBREHC.
Def agree, I would want leather too. I ordered mine with everything minus the matte hood or stripes. I think youre right about options driving the price up. For me I think id rather pay up to say, $7k more to get the same car new without the 12.5k miles. Just a personal preference. For me thats five yrs of driving a Hellcat lol. My current 2016 has 7k on it. I bought it new in Feb of 2016.
Depreciation is def a factor and so i think the guy that buys one two yrs old is the big winner. Lots of really low mileage ones (<2k) out there for sale. One yr isnt really enough imo to slow the depreciation. Tbh mine stabilized after roughly three.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Def agree, I would want leather too. I ordered mine with everything minus the matte hood or stripes. I think youre right about options driving the price up. For me I think id rather pay up to say, $7k more to get the same car new without the 12.5k miles. Just a personal preference. For me thats five yrs of driving a Hellcat lol. My current 2016 has 7k on it. I bought it new in Feb of 2016.
Depreciation is def a factor and so i think the guy that buys one two yrs old is the big winner. Lots of really low mileage ones (<2k) out there for sale. One yr isnt really enough imo to slow the depreciation. Tbh mine stabilized after roughly three.
yeah definitely leather important to me. I don’t mind a lower mileage one since I will only put a few thousand miles per year on it anyways. So if I find one with a few thousand miles that will be fine. Just when adding options they kill you on them. Honestly all I want is the leather. Audio system will get gutted anyways when I get it. Don’t need a sunroof, no stripes or satin hood. Worst case I can wait closer to fall time to see if I can get a leftover before year ends for right under $70k new with the seats and color I want. Are you in the MD VA area?

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
yeah definitely leather important to me. I don’t mind a lower mileage one since I will only put a few thousand miles per year on it anyways. So if I find one with a few thousand miles that will be fine. Just when adding options they kill you on them. Honestly all I want is the leather. Audio system will get gutted anyways when I get it. Don’t need a sunroof, no stripes or satin hood. Worst case I can wait closer to fall time to see if I can get a leftover before year ends for right under $70k new with the seats and color I want. Are you in the MD VA area?
CT here. I’m not against a road trip for a deal though. Back when I bought my first Challenger SRT in 2015, I hopped a quick flight to Baltimore to get the car. Was a fun road trip home. Dealer discounted it enough to cover the flight cost so it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay, yeah I see a lot of people fly to this area for cars. Yeah I bought my current RT Challenger in 2011 In Baltimore at Musselman's Dodge. They had great deals as there were only a few trims back then. As there was hardly any depreciation then new vs used. Reason I bought new. It was like an $1,800 price difference new and used.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
I almost bought a brand new ‘19 Triple Nickel Redeye widebody from a dealer in PA. Only option was the 309 rear. Price was $64k. Next best was a new ‘19 Redeye widebody out of CA for $66k. It may have had the 309 rear, can’t remember. Both were pretty much strippers. Houndstooth seats, 6 speaker alpine. This was before Power Dollars ended on 2/3. You can buy Katzskin leather for around $1500 (I think) and recover your oem seats. Really high quality stuff and super customizable. Some here have done it if you search for pics.

I ended up going with a fully loaded ‘18 6mt. But those two Redeye’s were the best prices I could find in the US. Flew to Raleigh, NC and drove the ‘18 back to Dallas.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I almost bought a brand new ‘19 Triple Nickel Redeye widebody from a dealer in PA. Only option was the 309 rear. Price was $64k. Next best was a new ‘19 Redeye widebody out of CA for $66k. It may have had the 309 rear, can’t remember. Both were pretty much strippers. Houndstooth seats, 6 speaker alpine. This was before Power Dollars ended on 2/3.

I ended going with a fully loaded ‘18 6mt. But those two Redeye’s were the best prices I could find in the US. Flew to Raleigh and drove the ‘18 back to Dallas.
nice, yeah it seems to get a new one under $70k they are stripped down (no leather, limited options) I know the ones I see they still use the power dollars off the msrp. Which is still high $70’s K and up. Also limited Colors (white, black I see mostly with stripped down).

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
238 Posts
I love my "stripped" widebody RE. Got the color I wanted (B5) and the only option I wanted was the 3.09 rear. This is my third challenger...my 2015 had the Alcantra, my 2016 had the leather and now I have the cloth. Could not be happier with the cloth. The leather in my 2016 was "loose" and the dealer thought it was ok. My Alcantra was nice but I could see a bit of fraying around the stitches. Trust me... I am not knocking the leather or Alcantra...both are very nice however I think the cloth is extremely durable and tight and may wear like iron ( time will tell). My cars are not daily drivers, always garaged and well taken care of. Just did not want to deal with the leather wear issues a few years down the road.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
550 Posts
12k easy miles or 12k bounce off the limiter miles?? the world may never know

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my Destroyer Gray 2019 Widebody Redeye with 2k miles for $64k (asking $66k) same situation Nissan Dealer thought it was a regular HC. They even had the window sticker (MSRP $78k) which clearly said Redeye. I think we overthink these things when in reality they just punch in the VIN and the machine spits out a number.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does any of you guys know if Dodge is still going to build RedEye wide-body Hellcats? I talked to sales person at Koons dealership in VA and he thinks they are limited production and might be done for the year. They don’t have anymore on the lot and they have zero on order they say. Just wondering if anyone would have inside info on this matter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,072 Posts
Haha, the old dealer BS limited production line!

Boy they never miss a trick.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking for a widebody redeye check mine out for sale on carsonline.com. 2019, loaded, 450 miles, 63,500.
Looks sweet, but I was really wanting a knuckle white one. What rear end does it have? Interior pictures? I guess my time frame to purchase is around June -July time frame.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
18 Posts
Looks sweet, but I was really wanting a knuckle white one. What rear end does it have? Interior pictures? I guess my time frame to purchase is around June -July time frame.
T
262 rear. Sepia leather interior

1 - 18 of 18 Posts