SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out to day and came across this widebody hellcat. So as I take a closer look at it seems to be an actual redeye Challenger hellcat widebody. The dealer has it listed as a standard WBHC. I explain to the salesperson it’s a redeye version. They had no clue and is listed @ $64.9k with 12.4k miles. Which is not that bad. As I’ve seen widebody redeyes with more miles in the low $70k range. This is probably the package I would get, just wrong timing at the moment. Here is a link to the dealership that’s selling the car. Used Dodge Challenger for Sale in Ijamsville, MD - CarGurus

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
There are new ones at Koons for that price. Not sure which options but they are WB RE’s. I think this price would be high if it were a standard Hellcat tbh. Seems in line if not high for a used RE with that many miles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are new ones at Koons for that price. Not sure which options but they are WB RE’s. I think this price would be high if it were a standard Hellcat tbh. Seems in line if not high for a used RE with that many miles.
koons in northern va? I was checking online for the redeye WB hellcats, but most places had cloth interior when the price was decent. Even those are around $70k-$72k. I would want leather instead. My first option is the WBHCRE with low miles 7k or less for $65k or less. My second option is the regular WBHC with leather. I don’t really want new and lose so much in depreciation value just driving off the lot. So very lightly used. I’m a few months out anyways before I can do something. I was just posting if someone else in the area was looking the a WBREHC.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
koons in northern va? I was checking online for the redeye WB hellcats, but most places had cloth interior when the price was decent. Even those are around $70k-$72k. I would want leather instead. My first option is the WBHCRE with low miles 7k or less for $65k or less. My second option is the regular WBHC with leather. I don’t really want new and lose so much in depreciation value just driving off the lot. So very lightly used. I’m a few months out anyways before I can do something. I was just posting if someone else in the area was looking the a WBREHC.
Def agree, I would want leather too. I ordered mine with everything minus the matte hood or stripes. I think youre right about options driving the price up. For me I think id rather pay up to say, $7k more to get the same car new without the 12.5k miles. Just a personal preference. For me thats five yrs of driving a Hellcat lol. My current 2016 has 7k on it. I bought it new in Feb of 2016.
Depreciation is def a factor and so i think the guy that buys one two yrs old is the big winner. Lots of really low mileage ones (<2k) out there for sale. One yr isnt really enough imo to slow the depreciation. Tbh mine stabilized after roughly three.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Def agree, I would want leather too. I ordered mine with everything minus the matte hood or stripes. I think youre right about options driving the price up. For me I think id rather pay up to say, $7k more to get the same car new without the 12.5k miles. Just a personal preference. For me thats five yrs of driving a Hellcat lol. My current 2016 has 7k on it. I bought it new in Feb of 2016.
Depreciation is def a factor and so i think the guy that buys one two yrs old is the big winner. Lots of really low mileage ones (<2k) out there for sale. One yr isnt really enough imo to slow the depreciation. Tbh mine stabilized after roughly three.
yeah definitely leather important to me. I don’t mind a lower mileage one since I will only put a few thousand miles per year on it anyways. So if I find one with a few thousand miles that will be fine. Just when adding options they kill you on them. Honestly all I want is the leather. Audio system will get gutted anyways when I get it. Don’t need a sunroof, no stripes or satin hood. Worst case I can wait closer to fall time to see if I can get a leftover before year ends for right under $70k new with the seats and color I want. Are you in the MD VA area?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
yeah definitely leather important to me. I don’t mind a lower mileage one since I will only put a few thousand miles per year on it anyways. So if I find one with a few thousand miles that will be fine. Just when adding options they kill you on them. Honestly all I want is the leather. Audio system will get gutted anyways when I get it. Don’t need a sunroof, no stripes or satin hood. Worst case I can wait closer to fall time to see if I can get a leftover before year ends for right under $70k new with the seats and color I want. Are you in the MD VA area?
CT here. I’m not against a road trip for a deal though. Back when I bought my first Challenger SRT in 2015, I hopped a quick flight to Baltimore to get the car. Was a fun road trip home. Dealer discounted it enough to cover the flight cost so it was worth it for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay, yeah I see a lot of people fly to this area for cars. Yeah I bought my current RT Challenger in 2011 In Baltimore at Musselman's Dodge. They had great deals as there were only a few trims back then. As there was hardly any depreciation then new vs used. Reason I bought new. It was like an $1,800 price difference new and used.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
724 Posts
I almost bought a brand new ‘19 Triple Nickel Redeye widebody from a dealer in PA. Only option was the 309 rear. Price was $64k. Next best was a new ‘19 Redeye widebody out of CA for $66k. It may have had the 309 rear, can’t remember. Both were pretty much strippers. Houndstooth seats, 6 speaker alpine. This was before Power Dollars ended on 2/3. You can buy Katzskin leather for around $1500 (I think) and recover your oem seats. Really high quality stuff and super customizable. Some here have done it if you search for pics.

I ended up going with a fully loaded ‘18 6mt. But those two Redeye’s were the best prices I could find in the US. Flew to Raleigh, NC and drove the ‘18 back to Dallas.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I almost bought a brand new ‘19 Triple Nickel Redeye widebody from a dealer in PA. Only option was the 309 rear. Price was $64k. Next best was a new ‘19 Redeye widebody out of CA for $66k. It may have had the 309 rear, can’t remember. Both were pretty much strippers. Houndstooth seats, 6 speaker alpine. This was before Power Dollars ended on 2/3.

I ended going with a fully loaded ‘18 6mt. But those two Redeye’s were the best prices I could find in the US. Flew to Raleigh and drove the ‘18 back to Dallas.
nice, yeah it seems to get a new one under $70k they are stripped down (no leather, limited options) I know the ones I see they still use the power dollars off the msrp. Which is still high $70’s K and up. Also limited Colors (white, black I see mostly with stripped down).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
183 Posts
I love my "stripped" widebody RE. Got the color I wanted (B5) and the only option I wanted was the 3.09 rear. This is my third challenger...my 2015 had the Alcantra, my 2016 had the leather and now I have the cloth. Could not be happier with the cloth. The leather in my 2016 was "loose" and the dealer thought it was ok. My Alcantra was nice but I could see a bit of fraying around the stitches. Trust me... I am not knocking the leather or Alcantra...both are very nice however I think the cloth is extremely durable and tight and may wear like iron ( time will tell). My cars are not daily drivers, always garaged and well taken care of. Just did not want to deal with the leather wear issues a few years down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my Destroyer Gray 2019 Widebody Redeye with 2k miles for $64k (asking $66k) same situation Nissan Dealer thought it was a regular HC. They even had the window sticker (MSRP $78k) which clearly said Redeye. I think we overthink these things when in reality they just punch in the VIN and the machine spits out a number.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts