SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, another issue with the car, which has happened twice, you put your foot on the brake and press the start button, and the engine/ignition turns over in quick succession without starting. While this is happening, the foot brake feels extremely solid.

Eventually, it stops, and on the next attempt, the car starts.

I think this has only happened when I have stopped the car and sat waiting in the car without locking/unlocking the car. Do you think it could be the immobilizer? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds somewhat normal from other posts I’ve read in the past.

Mine has stumble started with hot startups (it’ll try to turn over, slightly stumble then turn over). Normal for me and it’s not something I’m worried about or would even consider taking into the “stealership” to have looked at (car runs/operates perfectly normal other than occasional stumble start). It’s a Dodge, FAR from perfect (even a RE 😂).

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye WB
81 Posts
Hi, another issue with the car, which has happened twice, you put your foot on the brake and press the start button, and the engine/ignition turns over in quick succession without starting. While this is happening, the foot brake feels extremely solid.

Eventually, it stops, and on the next attempt, the car starts.

I think this has only happened when I have stopped the car and sat waiting in the car without locking/unlocking the car. Do you think it could be the immobilizer? Has anyone else experienced this?
I've had the same thing happen to me once, exactly as you described.

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a major issue, more of an embarrassing one, I pulled up in a car park to pick up my son (he had been out for his 18th in a outside pub) everyone there was sat looking at the car taking photos and videos whilst I am waiting then when I went to start the car it just turned over for a good 30 seconds everyone looking confused and probably thinking I am holding a key trying to start the car!

Since then if I stop and wait in the car I lock the car, unlock the car and then start it and no problems.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,667 Posts
Its not a major issue, more of an embarrassing one, I pulled up in a car park to pick up my son (he had been out for his 18th in a outside pub) everyone there was sat looking at the car taking photos and videos whilst I am waiting then when I went to start the car it just turned over for a good 30 seconds everyone looking confused and probably thinking I am holding a key trying to start the car!

Since then if I stop and wait in the car I lock the car, unlock the car and then start it and no problems.
I think if you remove your foot from the brake it will stop cranking. If not, hitting the start button should do it. It's so rare for these cars not to start it's hard to think straight when they do not start.

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
629 Posts
It's happened to me twice after my car has sat for week or more without starting. I thought it might be battery related so put the trickle charger on it for 24 hours and hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if you remove your foot from the brake it will stop cranking. If not, hitting the start button should do it. It's so rare for these cars not to start it's hard to think straight when they do not start.
I definitely tried pressing the button to stop it and it didn't, I am not sure if I took my foot off the brake, will try that if it happens again.

Many thanks for the responses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts