SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have listed for sale my 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon "Illegal Red."
Here is the auction link: 8-Mile 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

It is car #1103 in this thread from Ellisville, Missouri. Illegal Red Interior Registry

This vehicle was ordered by my father, David Walden, prior to his cancer diagnosis. My dad had a friend inside of Chrysler who was able to authorize the "Illegal Red" color combination. Since Chrysler had a color block on the Red interior with certain colors (such as TorRed), it was not a publicly available option. This car is very unique considering the fact that it has a "Illegal" color combination, 8 Miles, was never dealer-prepped & more!

Besides the BaT auction, here is another page with more information about the car: 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Thanks!

· Registered
2015 Challenger TriCoat Ivory White Hellcat
438 Posts
WOW, just wow. If it was my dad’s car I would keep it, but that’s just me. It is truly a 1 of 1 car and will be worth big big money one day!! Hell of a car

Reactions: GOMER

· Registered
22 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 17 C7 Z06/Z07 (RIP), 19 392 Charger (SOLD)
154 Posts
I saw that car last night on BAT and was wondering how in the world they ordered a red on red spec. One hell of demon (no pun intended). With prices rn and higher millage demons selling for crazy money this delivery millage rare beauty will definitely pull more than 150k (Im guessing 175k) especially on BAT with their wealthy collector audience. GLWS

· Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
773 Posts
1 of 1. You got to figure 50% of the 3000 built have been doing drag strips for past 2/3 years. In about 5 years time when it’s nothing but “e-cars” this car will be very valuable. I wish I had the dough lying around. Sorry about your Dad, best of luck. He has good taste in cars.

· Banned
5,317 Posts
Good luck with sale

· Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
184 Posts
1 of 1. You got to figure 50% of the 3000 built have been doing drag strips for past 2/3 years. In about 5 years time when it’s nothing but “e-cars” this car will be very valuable. I wish I had the dough lying around. Sorry about your Dad, best of luck. He has good taste in cars.
Comment on the estimate of drag strip usage... I'd say the opposite is true, a TINY portion of these cars have ever seen a drag strip, or much of any miles/use. In Phoenix, home to Bondurant (now "Radford") school and the Demon free-included drag strip class, we had about 40-50 Demons delivered based on ResumeSpeed's VIN tracking... Out of those, I know of only 2 Demons that have ever run at the local drag strip, and 1 more in our next largest city. Even just going to shows or cars and coffee events, I've only seen 4 Demons (plus mine), 2 regularly and the other 2 only once each. I've seen a bunch more (about a dozen) in dealer private storage or at exotic car storage and detail shops.

In no way saying a zero/low-mile car isn't valuable, just sharing my experience/perception of the life of an average Demon -- they're treated as garage queens and collectibles more than as race cars by the vast majority of the 3,300 owners. I'd bet it's closer to 5% ever get used as they were designed, and less than 10% have more than a few hundred miles by today's date.

· Registered
22 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 17 C7 Z06/Z07 (RIP), 19 392 Charger (SOLD)
154 Posts
That seems very low, especially considering the current asking price of used REWB’s etc….
Although the red on red "illegal" combination is rare and unique (I like it personally) its not everyones cup of tea all that red. A more conservative color (white, black) or a crazy color (B5 BLUE, Plum Crazy) tend to pull the most money for demons/used hellcats I believe since those are considered "premium" colors on the used market. Nonetheless 140 plus grand for a Demon is great money especially considering before this INSANE used car market they were trading hands at 100-110 for the best examples sometimes under 100k for ones with some miles. Amazing car and this is the peak to sell congrats to the seller.

· Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
627 Posts
You can bet if Dave Walden owned it, the car will be in absolutely perfect condition. Dave was known for his incredibly detailed ford and mopar restorations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.