SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After all the BS up here of Chrysler Canada bullying their dealers in taking a gazillion Promasters just to get 1 hellcat, I cancelled my order and will put one in for an SRT fully loaded next week. There is so much I could take and no lie, my sleep was getting impacted by this whole non sense.

Mea culpa: I asked and the dealer included the hellcat hood in the deal with paint and will install it in the PDI but I will obviously not upbadge or do anything like that.

I will still be around for shizzles as I enjoy this forum quite a bit. Still in a family but just a step below. I just realized that I want the colour more than the motor and there are a few perks of having the SRT instead of the hellcat (small but what the heck, whatever to convince myself:D)

·
SSDD
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,286 Posts
Didn't they just start building them a few weeks ago? Did you try to open a case with SRT/FCA and voice your concerns/opinions on what you were hearing about reps pushing sales in other areas to get just one allotment?

Not a disagreement with your decision, just wondering if you had tried to get some answers.

Hope you get your Charger SRT soon. I know FCA told me there is a hold on B5 Challenger Hellcats until next month, even though a few have been built.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
Patience is a virtue my friend! You just gotta do something to distract yourself and keep your mind on other things! Forget about the cat and enjoy yourself and when you completely forget about it, you'll get a phone call telling you your Cat is ready for adoption ;)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
After all the BS up here of Chrysler Canada bullying their dealers in taking a gazillion Promasters just to get 1 hellcat, I cancelled my order and will put one in for an SRT fully loaded next week. There is so much I could take and no lie, my sleep was getting impacted by this whole non sense.

Mea culpa: I asked and the dealer included the hellcat hood in the deal with paint and will install it in the PDI but I will obviously not upbadge or do anything like that.

I will still be around for shizzles as I enjoy this forum quite a bit. Still in a family but just a step below. I just realized that I want the colour more than the motor and there are a few perks of having the SRT instead of the hellcat (small but what the heck, whatever to convince myself:D)
Well look on the brighter and brighter side, supercharge that baby and done right it may go faster than the hellcat while looking the same as a hellcat body :)

·
Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted
Challenger SRT Hellcat
741 Posts
....and there are a few perks of having the SRT instead of the hellcat (small but what the heck, whatever to convince myself:D)
On the bright side - Hello Technology Group

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
i would have waited until summer before i gave up......its not like you can drive it in Canada until mid July when winter ends anyways.....yea i have mine.....just sits there in the garage, doing nothing......i have it, but what is it really worth....cant use it....if winter is like last year i wont have it out until April....maybe end of April....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,086 Posts
I thought about going with 392, or even the Scat Pack, then supercharging when tuning was available. Do what makes you happy. However, there is a B5 Charger Hellcat running around Maryland as of yesterday.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts

Congrats on your order! I am sure you are going to love your Charger! They are beautiful cars and fun to drive! Glad you are staying on the forum and please let us know when you get your car. Enjoy!!!:D

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
I know how you feel. I almost bailed several times and would have if not for RS and many others here. Good luck with SRT. I've an 08 Challenger that I could never let go.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't they just start building them a few weeks ago? Did you try to open a case with SRT/FCA and voice your concerns/opinions on what you were hearing about reps pushing sales in other areas to get just one allotment?

Not a disagreement with your decision, just wondering if you had tried to get some answers.

Hope you get your Charger SRT soon. I know FCA told me there is a hold on B5 Challenger Hellcats until next month, even though a few have been built.
It's not so much the wait, it's the fact that once I knew that Chrysler wanted my dealer to take stupid amount of unwanted stocks, I went to another dealer and challenged them on it, they admitted they would also have to take promasters. I did that with about 5-6 dealers and they all admitted they need to take a dumb amount of promasters.

No wonder they want a 15-20k markup, it's to account for the promasters that are gonna stay on the lot for a year!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well look on the brighter and brighter side, supercharge that baby and done right it may go faster than the hellcat while looking the same as a hellcat body :)
That is an option in the future indeed

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might give it an extra week for a possible call from Tim (one can only hope) but that is it. I went to a few dealers already for a trade in appraisal so I'm pretty much ready to rock on the SRT

Reactions: hellcat1

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
I cancelled my order and will put one in for an SRT fully loaded next week. There is so much I could take and no lie, my sleep was getting impacted by this whole non sense.

)
I might give it an extra week for a possible call from Tim (one can only hope) but that is it. I went to a few dealers already for a trade in appraisal so I'm pretty much ready to rock on the SRT
if you already cancelled your order, how can you give it another week?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,086 Posts
I saw a Hellcat Charger yesterday on Reisterstown road around noon. It may have been the same one. It had paper plates.
Most likely was. Heritage sold it yesterday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.