SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
Yes I do want to try it again, Hellcat leases suck since the 2017 firesale. Hellcats aren't lease cars.

And who puts $7000 down on a lease? Go into a dealer and see if you walk out with a $640 payment on a $74k car 馃槈

I feel confident @bay_area agrees with this message.
Taxes on those cars is almost $5k which you鈥檇 want to put down. Then You鈥檇 want to cover the various fees. And yes those payments are Chrysler capital lease rates for qualified buyers. So yeah you can get that payment.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Wanna try that comment again? Like for like the charger is a much better lease than the challenger.

View attachment 575327

View attachment 575328
First off that's not including tax, tag, doc fee, etc etc

So whatever you see there add anywhere from $50-$120 to that monthly.

Second like @Tannehill said Don't ever put a down payment on a lease, if that car gets totaled or stolen your down payment is gone, any check goes straight to the lessor not the leasee.

Third is the shortage of cars, first off you would be lucky to find a non redeye on lot, then you would again have to be lucky to find a low optioned hellcat.

The residuals also dropped this month from last month. So there's that to take into account too.

Overall they don't lease as well as they used to and in this market nothing really leases well at all.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Taxes on those cars is almost $5k which you鈥檇 want to put down. Then You鈥檇 want to cover the various fees. And yes those payments are Chrysler capital lease rates for qualified buyers. So yeah you can get that payment.
Why do you want to cover taxes and various fees? The mf is near 0%, why are you risking your own money.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
No, no, and not really.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
Ok guys. Well I dont plan on leasing. I ordered a 21 HC WB from Jake and I have a worksheet with the breakdown of all the figures. Im buying a $77k car. At 4% under minus rebates, but add back title, tax and tag Im $75k otd. Thats nothing down. I thought about leasing but Im just going to buy this one to keep. So agree to disagree, but at the end of the day we are all enjoying these awesome cars.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Ok guys. Well I dont plan on leasing. I ordered a 21 HC WB from Jake and I have a worksheet with the breakdown of all the figures. Im buying a $77k car. At 4% under minus rebates, but add back title, tax and tag Im $75k otd. Thats nothing down. I thought about leasing but Im just going to buy this one to keep. So agree to disagree, but at the end of the day we are all enjoying these awesome cars.
Agree to disagree on what? Everything you said either goes against the ethos of leasing or isn't the full story.

That's great that you got 4% under invoice but on an ordered unit we have no idea if it will show up in 6 weeks or 6 months, the incentives and incentivized rates are subject to change every month, they may not but it's always a possibility.

With how hot the used car market is I would say the residual on the redeyes and all other hellcats should be closer to 70% for 36/mo but it's a heck of a lot lower than that.

Putting money down on leases = bad
Using dodge calc = forgetting taxes

That's just my opinion on the facts of the deal, it makes more sense to buy these cars unless you can get tax writeoffs and are making too much money to care.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
Agree to disagree on what? Everything you said either goes against the ethos of leasing or isn't the full story.

That's great that you got 4% under invoice but on an ordered unit we have no idea if it will show up in 6 weeks or 6 months, the incentives and incentivized rates are subject to change every month, they may not but it's always a possibility.

With how hot the used car market is I would say the residual on the redeyes and all other hellcats should be closer to 70% for 36/mo but it's a heck of a lot lower than that.

Putting money down on leases = bad
Using dodge calc = forgetting taxes

That's just my opinion on the facts of the deal, it makes more sense to buy these cars unless you can get tax writeoffs and are making too much money to care.
In the lease I would be putting taxes down so that cancels that out. I dont understand what you dont understand? And I have my rebate locked in with my order, and it will be 8-12 weeks. I really dont understand what your problem is. You are not correct. Any lease deal you see in print or online/commercial never includes tax, title, tag and so on. So thats something (if you want the advertized payment), you will need to put down. And if you use the dodge calc, you are seeing what your lease payment would be without taxes for the current MF for that model. If you put what tax would be in the calc as your DP, then it cancels out taxes and you will see what your real payment would be. The MF would be correct for "well qualified" buyers and the cap cost would be correct if the DP you put into the calc is equal to those fees TTL and so on. You have trailed way off base here...

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
In the lease I would be putting taxes down so that cancels that out. I dont understand what you dont understand? And I have my rebate locked in with my order, and it will be 8-12 weeks. I really dont understand what your problem is. You are not correct. Any lease deal you see in print or online/commercial never includes tax, title, tag and so on. So thats something (if you want the advertized payment), you will need to put down. And if you use the dodge calc, you are seeing what your lease payment would be without taxes for the current MF for that model. If you put what tax would be in the calc as your DP, then it cancels out taxes and you will see what your real payment would be. The MF would be correct for "well qualified" buyers and the cap cost would be correct if the DP you put into the calc is equal to those fees TTL and so on. You have trailed way off base here...
I'm going to be very blunt and honest. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO STOP SPEWING NONSENSE.

How are the taxes going to cancel out? The taxes haven't even been added into the calculator. That calculator acts as if taxes don't exist. YOU PAY TAXES ON TOP OF THAT MONTHLY PAYMENT. Your 7k is capitalized cost reduction, it's just lowering your payment.

You have your rebate locked? Great, but the rebate doesn't apply to captive bank leases, it won't work for ally or ccap on a lease, purchase only. Also you can't lock lease terms in until delivery of the vehicle. Not sure what point you are making here.

Going off your scenario of a base charger hellcat with no options, but 4% under invoice, your lease payment is $780/mo + tax with 0 due at signing.

Before we get into anything, this is based off ccap numbers which do not residualize Gas Guzzler tax, Gas Guzzler tax is $2100 and must be subtracted off the msrp, but not the sales price.

Tax varies from state to state, in Virginia it's 4.15% on the sales price of the vehicle, whereas Pennsylvania it's 6% on the monthly payment, it varies from state to state but expect to pay anywhere from $40-$150/mo extra in tax depending on where you live.

That brings the grand total to $820-$930/mo on a Base charger hellcat widebody with 0 due at signing. Proposing the $7000 down payment and you save roughly $200/mo dropping your payment to between $620-$730/mo again depending on your state taxes.

Now all of this is assuming you get 4% under invoice, the dodge calculator you pulled up was based on msrp and completely throws off the calculation, I have you at $69k sales price while the dodge calc has you at $74k sales price, that's a difference of $6000.

So according to your calculator even after the $7k down payment you still have to add back another $170 to the payment of $620-$730/mo which puts you at a grand total of $790/mo - $920/mo, I believe you quoted mid 6s which is way off.

Any lease deal you see in print or online/commercial never includes tax, title, tag and so on.
Did I not tell you this in the first post? That monthly you were quoting does not include taxes, tags, doc fee, and misc fee's.

You can put $30k down and your payment will be $100/mo but that doesn't really mean your true payment is $100/mo, your actual monthly is your total term cost divided by term. I.e in the 30k down example $33,600/36 months = $933/mo

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
I'm going to be very blunt and honest. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO STOP SPEWING NONSENSE.

How are the taxes going to cancel out? The taxes haven't even been added into the calculator. That calculator acts as if taxes don't exist. YOU PAY TAXES ON TOP OF THAT MONTHLY PAYMENT. Your 7k is capitalized cost reduction, it's just lowering your payment.

You have your rebate locked? Great, but the rebate doesn't apply to captive bank leases, it won't work for ally or ccap on a lease, purchase only. Also you can't lock lease terms in until delivery of the vehicle. Not sure what point you are making here.

Going off your scenario of a base charger hellcat with no options, but 4% under invoice, your lease payment is $780/mo + tax with 0 due at signing.

Tax varies from state to state, in Virginia it's 4.15% on the sales price of the vehicle, whereas Pennsylvania it's 6% on the monthly payment, it varies from state to state but expect to pay anywhere from $40-$150/mo extra in tax depending on where you live.

That brings the grand total to $820-$930/mo on a Base charger hellcat widebody with 0 due at signing. Proposing the $7000 down payment and you save roughly $200/mo dropping your payment to between $620-$730/mo again depending on your state taxes.

Now all of this is assuming you get 4% under invoice, the dodge calculator you pulled up was based on msrp and completely throws off the calculation, I have you at $69k sales price while the dodge calc has you at $74k sales price, that's a difference of $6000.

So according to your calculator even after the $7k down payment you still have to add back another $170 to the payment of $620-$730/mo.

Did I not tell you this in the first post? That monthly you were quoting does not include taxes, tags, doc fee, and misc fee's.

You can put $30k down and your payment will be $100/mo but that doesn't really mean your true payment is $100/mo, your actual monthly is your total term cost divided by term. I.e in the 30k down example $33,600/36 months = $933/mo
You spent a lot of time typing that post out my dude. Wow. Gold star for you today on the internet.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
You spent a lot of time typing that post out my dude. Wow. Gold star for you today on the internet.
I spent 2 to 3 minutes writing that so that some poor soul browsing this forum looking for a lease wasn't mislead by your completely false statements.

Registered
Charger SRT 392
You pay the sales tax monthly on a lease, btw. Not all up front.

And, as already said, putting $7k down on a lease is a TERRIBLE decision.
Shit, by that logic.....why not put $20k down so you can have a $300/month payment 馃ぃ

Glad to see that you changed to purchasing though

21 - 31 of 31 Posts