SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, several people say I need a tune for my cat if I install a aftermarket intake, the same amount of people saying I do not...

Which is it... ?

Thanks in advance 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2018 Challenger Hellcat WB
You 100% don鈥檛 require a tune.
- However certain intakes do get hot quicker causing you to actually loser power after a while. If you keep your cat up and running for hours I鈥檇 suggest getting something with a heat shield like JLT or AFE.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
ok what about Hellcat intake and a Throttle Body, do you need a tune then?

Reactions: Farm_use

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Save your money for mods that make power

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Its great that this is your opinion. Go out and buy a ninja airfryer, because they're great! That sentence doesn't make sense if youre not looking for that, right? That being said, not everyone gets an intake for power. Sure, there's the supposed 38hp gain on JLT, which is based on optimal conditions, hood up, with a fan pointed at intake, on a dyno. My reason was wngine dress-up, the sound, and warranty retention. And for the peanuts I paid, why not

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Mopar_Karen take it easy cowboy shit ain't that serious. For a few hundred than a CAI could do an incognito make some ponies he can feel and not void the warranty.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Well there warranty guy like I said an incognito lower pulley can be installed and used with a stock tune to give a pound or so more boost increasing power. My buddy just did some independent testing for the manufacturer made 56hp on stock tune.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Nice, I'd like to see his longevity on risking a lower pulley with no tune for an extra 15 or so HP. Keep killing it with your sound advice 馃槂

1 - 20 of 28 Posts