SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a full hellcat airbox for a steal and decided to add it. After install It did feel to accelerate easier and with the headlight tube im running 1-2 degrees above ambient temp.
.Here are the differences in the tops. The HC has a MAF opening in the top and its longer. It also Has the SRT logo on the top

The HC lid is smooth inside

I made a cut here and sanded down the MAF opening to make it fit.

You can see the HC opening is bigger!

You see the difference in the HC lower on the right.

Finished product!

·
Registered
673 Posts
any difference in acceleration?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Radride: How did you connect the rubber piece that goes from the throttle body to the air filter lid since the Hellcat -lid has a bigger opening than the SRT one does? Sorry but I don't know the name of the rubber piece that has the IAT sensor in it.

By the way, I just want it for the coolness factor too. :D

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Radride: How did you connect the rubber piece that goes from the throttle body to the air filter lid since the Hellcat -lid has a bigger opening than the SRT one does? Sorry but I don't know the name of the rubber piece that has the IAT sensor in it.

By the way, I just want it for the coolness factor too. :D
Mine was a 15 SRT and bought a 15 Hellcat intake. The intake plugs right into the accordion style rubber hose going to the throttle body. There was no modifications needed. It was just the upper and lower box.

R.K.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks Ivey_usmc and Radride for the help and info! :) I thought that the inlet was quite a bit bigger on the Hellcat upper and didn't know that I could just stretch it to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts