SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install a rear seat on a car with the factory rear seat delete. There is a deal I can't pass up on a Challenger Hellcat with the factory rear seat delete, but I need a rear seat and the LATCH system to be able to fit my son's car seat. Can it be done? Is it as straightforward as buying a used rear seat and installing it? Has anyone done it? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts

Video is of a removal of the rear seat and installing the delete kit- but it gives you an idea of all of the stuff needed, brackets, seat belts, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone tried to install a rear seat on a car with the factory rear seat delete. There is a deal I can't pass up on a Challenger Hellcat with the factory rear seat delete, but I need a rear seat and the LATCH system to be able to fit my son's car seat. Can it be done? Is it as straightforward as buying a used rear seat and installing it? Has anyone done it? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

I would be interested in the Seat Delete kit you take out if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering if the car with the seat delete option has all the necessary mounting points and LATCH system that is required to safely mount the seat and a child seat

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,298 Posts
Don't forget the seatbelts wont be there either.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,814 Posts
Another problem with a retrofit is that the car was built and certified as a 2-seater and legally, that will not change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
94 Posts
Another problem with a retrofit is that the car was built and certified as a 2-seater and legally, that will not change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I was concerned about insurability. That’s why I chose NOT to delete the rear seat. Did order the kit, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically if i get into an accident with this car, and I have a rear seat in this car with a child seat, then I'll be in a world of trouble?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was told that as long as the parts I use are OEM and DOT compliant, then everything should be good. I'm just wondering what parts I'll need. Anyone here want to trade the OEM delete panels for a black rear seat and seatbelts?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
265 Posts
The other thing is do the rear seat delete cars have the rear airbags?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts