SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

· Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,651 Posts
Insurance is always based on HP numbers among other variables.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Has anyone checked to see what insurance is going to run for the Challenger or Charger hellcat editions? I sure hope they don't base it on HP numbers :)
Im sure they will hit it hard. I am sure my insurance co. will. Maybe we can tell em we leave them in the 300hp setting.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
291 Posts
Since I will be driving my Hellcat strictly for pleasure, I will be insuring it through Grundy Collector Car Insurance. I have my GT500 insured with them as well. Flat rate per 1k insured, actual cash value & only $100.00 deductible for comp/collision.

Reactions: Paladin06

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Since I will be driving my Hellcat strictly for pleasure, I will be insuring it through Grundy Collector Car Insurance. I have my GT500 insured with them as well. Flat rate per 1k insured, actual cash value & only $100.00 deductible for comp/collision.
Thats good to know. Do they limit your driving miles per year?????

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
291 Posts

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
I got a quote from geico to add it as a fourth car being retired (no commuting to work) and single.. was an increase of about 500 every 6mo. of course I will up the coverage from that but it at least gave me a idea.. I will check out the above link.. tho I wont tolerate any driving restrictions on my rides ;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
291 Posts
Yeah, Grundy probably won't work for you if you can't live with a couple of restrictions. Like I said in my earlier post, my Hellcat will be driven for pleasure only & most likely only on Sundays very early in the morning so it's purrfect for me.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
291 Posts
Yeah Abe, that's right in the ballpark with about 70k as the actual cash value. Just remember with Grundy, if something happens to your Hellcat & it's stolen or totaled the payout you receive is not depreciated & there's only a $100.00 deductible.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I am getting full, drive it to work as much as possible and piss every neighbor off when I leave for the gym at 5:00 a.m. coverage.;) My 2012 Dodge Charger R/T with the standard 5.7 HEMI has a clause that no one under 25 would be driving it. Since I am selfish, I don't let anyone drive my baby anyway so they can jack it up to no one under 30 and I am cool with that. My insurance is currently less than $100 a month so even if it goes up based on double the value, I can't imagine it will be much over $100 a month. My driving record is clean...for now. I have been able to talk my way out of tickets in the Charger, I am not sure that will happen in the Hellcat.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
670 Posts
USAA quoted me about a $50 a month increase (had to use Chally vs Charger for quote as they are not in the system yet), swapping out my current Charger for it, so I'm feeling fine about that. My record is pretty clean though, been really lucky with the way I drive. Hopefully that luck will continue!

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.