SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. About a month ago I order a 2022 HCWB. I would like to pre order an aftermarket intake so it’s here when(if ever) the car arrives. I am considering the Bwoody, LMI, and the JLT. None of them list the part for a 2022 and only JLT lists up to 2021. I believe 2021 and 22 are basically the same car.
Thoughts on a 2020 Bwoody or LMI fitting my 2022?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey all. About a month ago I order a 2022 HCWB. I would like to pre order an aftermarket intake so it’s here when(if ever) the car arrives. I am considering the Bwoody, LMI, and the JLT. None of them list the part for a 2022 and only JLT lists up to 2021. I believe 2021 and 22 are basically the same car.
Just order this… 77072546AC part #.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
82 Posts
For my 21 Hellcat WB Charger, I went with the K&N set up. Part# 63-1577. It was designed to work with the Demon/ Redeye setup. Fits perfectly and sounds crazy! The rubber seal sits perfectly against the underhood air vent. And as an added bonus, it's the most affordable one out there!

Attachments

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,001 Posts
What’s the difference from the redeye lmi intake and the regular hellcat intake? I thought lmi made them all the same.
They are. The difference comes between model year changes from MAF (2015-2016) to IAT (2017+) sensor and the PCV line (2019+).

Reactions: jbrumz85

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What’s the difference from the redeye lmi intake and the regular hellcat intake? I thought lmi made them all the same.
I've researched a little further and it turns out the Legmaker made some specific changes to their "Redeye" intake. Namely, that made it shorter to better position it to the air inlet on the right side of the hood where the air feeds in from the hood scoop.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
I've researched a little further and it turns out the Legmaker made some specific changes to their "Redeye" intake. Namely, that made it shorter to better position it to the air inlet on the right side of the hood where the air feeds in from the hood scoop.
Is that for the charger and challenger? I have a 22 charger hellcat and I’m trying to decide if I should get the redeye or the regular hellcat one

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
The high flow redeye airbox is roughly $565 from direct connection, has anyone tried installing a redeye airbox on a regular hellcat? Talking about the 21+ chargers

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,787 Posts
When you take that box away you get literally double the whine is the cabin. My whole problem with the stock box was I couldn’t hear any whine on low Rpms in the cabin with the window down. With the LMI it’s Whine city. Same with the Bwoody in the Charger those old air boxes on the charger are junk. I actually lowered my IATs on the charger running the Bwoody by almost 10 degrees while it’s in motion. Cools down faster as well once you give a little throttle. There’s this little junky tube they give you with that charger airbox that’s so Tiny it might as well be a Straw. Just suffocating/starving the engine of air IMO. Now it you live in the desert or something that might be a different story. I’m in the north east.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
When you take that box away you get literally double the whine is the cabin. My whole problem with the stock box was I couldn’t hear any whine on low Rpms in the cabin with the window down. With the LMI it’s Whine city. Same with the Bwoody in the Charger those old air boxes on the charger are junk. I actually lowered my IATs on the charger running the Bwoody by almost 10 degrees while it’s in motion. Cools down faster as well once you give a little throttle. There’s this little junky tube they give you with that charger airbox that’s so Tiny it might as well be a Straw. Just suffocating/starving the engine of air IMO. Now it you live in the desert or something that might be a different story. I’m in the north east.
From my short time researching the airbox I found this.

Lmi - multiple people complain it gets too hot and they lost tenths of a second at the track versus stock. They also say Temps are way higher than stock. Makes nice noises though fwiw.

Jlt - on the new 2021 the jlt airbox has some rubbing due to the new redeye hood, you have to pop out a plastic piece that sits right above the airbox... unknown what this plastic piece does but it sits right above the open airbox in the redeye.

K&n - only one person I saw put it on, no idea on performance specs or noise.

Bwoody - haven't talked to or seen anything on the forum regarding putting one on a redeye hood.

Direct connection stock redeye hi flow airbox - people have said all the tubing doesn't look like it's included, at $565 a good value for a stock piece but reports of $700 for tubing make it not worth it.

It would be nice to see pictures and experiences of those who put an aftermarket airbox on a regular hellcat w/ the redeye hood.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
82 Posts
From my short time researching the airbox I found this.

Lmi - multiple people complain it gets too hot and they lost tenths of a second at the track versus stock. They also say Temps are way higher than stock. Makes nice noises though fwiw.

Jlt - on the new 2021 the jlt airbox has some rubbing due to the new redeye hood, you have to pop out a plastic piece that sits right above the airbox... unknown what this plastic piece does but it sits right above the open airbox in the redeye.

K&n - only one person I saw put it on, no idea on performance specs or noise.

Bwoody - haven't talked to or seen anything on the forum regarding putting one on a redeye hood.

Direct connection stock redeye hi flow airbox - people have said all the tubing doesn't look like it's included, at $565 a good value for a stock piece but reports of $700 for tubing make it not worth it.

It would be nice to see pictures and experiences of those who put an aftermarket airbox on a regular hellcat w/ the redeye hood.
I put the K&N cai on my 21 WB HC charger. It's designed to work with the redeye hood. Fits perfectly against the hood duct. I'm still in the break in period, but I can tell you it's crazy loud! No complaints at all.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
I put the K&N cai on my 21 WB HC charger. It's designed to work with the redeye hood. Fits perfectly against the hood duct. I'm still in the break in period, but I can tell you it's crazy loud! No complaints at all.
I saw someone put it on but forgot who it was, yes thank you for sharing your experience. How was the install? Relatively easy?

This is it right? For $299 it seems like a steal

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
82 Posts
I saw someone put it on but forgot who it was, yes thank you for sharing your experience. How was the install? Relatively easy?

This is it right? For $299 it seems like a steal
Yes, that's the part #. Install was very straightforward. It lists for $430 cdn. I get the jobber price. It was $339. I also got a blackfriday deal. With tax, it was less than $350. I was looking for the oem redeye setup at first. You need the tube, box and filter. Almost $2400! Not happening! My main goal was sound. It definitely has eye appeal when you open the hood. This thing screams! Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this setup. $300 usd? Bargain.

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
Yes, that's the part #. Install was very straightforward. It lists for $430 cdn. I get the jobber price. It was $339. I also got a blackfriday deal. With tax, it was less than $350. I was looking for the oem redeye setup at first. You need the tube, box and filter. Almost $2400! Not happening! My main goal was sound. It definitely has eye appeal when you open the hood. This thing screams! Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this setup. $300 usd? Bargain.
Took your word for it and ordered it, current its listed for $349 and they have a $50 discount code if anyone else is looking to order the $50 off lasts for 2 days.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,984 Posts
At least on the JLT, the 2019+ model will fit. There is no change from 2019 onward under the hood. This is a 2020:

Hood Automotive design Purple Car Auto part

1 - 20 of 95 Posts