SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Few updates, the bottom of the k&n intake rubs against the ac line (at least in my case) so I zip tied some of the rubber from the original crank case vent hose covering onto the vac line, now the k&n intake sits on it and puts pressure but is ok.

Also for some reason my air inlet temperature sensor line was shearing so I added some of that same rubber stuff.

The tube for the crank case that k&n provides is way too long and had to be cut. (For the chargers at least.

View attachment 592397 View attachment 592398 View attachment 592399 View attachment 592400 View attachment 592401
I tried to use the oem tube, it was too short even after I straightened it out, everything was closed last night so I just cut the hose k&n provided.

The oem hose looks to be more restrictive than the one k&n provided but maybe it doesn't really matter.

The bottom of your k&n heat shield is very likely touching the ac line, it's so crowded down there, but I just wanted to be safe, it's ever so slightly but with the way it vibrates it was enough for me to warrant some caution, some rubber and a zip tied should fix the issue. If yours isn't touching let me know, maybe I need to make some adjustments.
Just checked my car. It's definitely close but not touching. could be an adjustment issue. I might add some protection just in case.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat
58 Posts
I was going to purchase the JLT but read with the 2021 and up it rubbed under the hood due to the air inlet scoop. I ended up going with the aFe and it fits under the RE hood with zero issues. Just throwing another option out there for ya.

Hood Light Vehicle Blue Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
I was going to purchase the JLT but read with the 2021 and up it rubbed under the hood due to the air inlet scoop. I ended up going with the aFe and it fits under the RE hood with zero issues. Just throwing another option out there for ya.

View attachment 592473
Just checked my car. It's definitely close but not touching. could be an adjustment issue. I might add some protection just in case.

How are your guys intake temps? Did you guys notice any difference?

My intake temp was in the 80s today and the ambient temp was like 50s.

In the city idling in traffic I was at 125, that seemed like it was abnormal to me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts

In the city idling in traffic I was at 125, that seemed like it was abnormal to me.
Honestly, never looked. I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat
58 Posts

I put the CAI on over the winter and haven't taken it out much since the weather sucks here in IL. That's something I want to check out though.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Got the KN as mentioned above but I’m not fully sold on how the „cage” is designed. Thinking of this one now ehhh

Is that the right one for 2022 HCWB non-redeye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was the system I originally looked at. Nice system, but it was a lot more expensive. If I remember, it was around $1100 cdn. Big price difference for just supercharger noise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That was the system I originally looked at. Nice system, but it was a lot more expensive. If I remember, it was around $1100 cdn. Big price difference for just supercharger noise.
True that’s why I’m still debating. I like that asthetics much more than KN but it’s much more expensive.

However, it’s growing in me haha. Anyone has it? Any experience with the install?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
True that’s why I’m still debating. I like that asthetics much more than KN but it’s much more expensive.

However, it’s growing in me haha. Anyone has it? Any experience with the install?

Corsa has one in the 6s as well. In my opinion unless it's a serious track car the bang for buck the k&n offers is unmatched. I'm 110% sure you are not going to get 2.5x the performance in the afe as compared to the k&n.

Ultimately I would have liked to see something hook up to the air inlet that's on the car but I don't think it matters as the air directed still hits the filter. As far as the heat shield goes I looked at it through the slat with a flashlight and the heat shield is exactly flush with the top of the hood and the sides, in theory no heat should be leaking over the top because there's no space.... but that's just based on theory.

Now if I were modding it to get every possible tenth of a second I would definitely go with something like the corsa open airbox but at that point I'm splitting hairs because I should really be looking at maxing out bolt ons and the bottom end before I finally end up at maximizing heat loss/efficiency of everything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Btw does this exact AFE model fit Charger as well or Charger and Challenger need different one? Looked at the one AFE above (blue) and the tube looks longer.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Btw does this exact AFE model fit Charger as well or Charger and Challenger need different one? Looked at the one AFE above (blue) and the tube looks longer.

There was only one part number for both cars. You can double check their website.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A quick follow up. After placing multiple unsuccessful orders for aFe their website had a nice 20% discount. Finally success! Item arrived and I definitley like the look of it especially for my white knuckle and white aFe cone. Didn’t pull the trigger yet to install it. One thing I noticed.

The dynamic air scoop is for Challenger while I have a Charger. The difference is it’s bent to the right so the Challenger empty lamp sucks the air. For Charger the oem is directed to the grill. Does eom dynamic air scoop fit the hole in the aFe airbox?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts