SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
For my 21 Hellcat WB Charger, I went with the K&N set up. Part# 63-1577. It was designed to work with the Demon/ Redeye setup. Fits perfectly and sounds crazy! The rubber seal sits perfectly against the underhood air vent. And as an added bonus, it's the most affordable one out there!
Thanks for sharing.. this looks like it might be my choice.. I looked on the KN site and it shows only for challenger, I imagine it doesn't matter and fits fine? I like that its sealed up on the sides and up to the intake scoop above... we get so much water here that I worry about the LMI being open all around. how does it sound in comparison to stock and the LMI? I've driven a redeye with the LMI and it sounded amazing, but I've not heard any of the other ones to compare it to, I'm guessing they all sound great compared to stock lol?

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
Took your word for it and ordered it, current its listed for $349 and they have a $50 discount code if anyone else is looking to order the $50 off lasts for 2 days.
curious how you like it??

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
curious how you like it??
I like it, very good quality build.

It's loud as hell, well I guess all of the open airboxes are. You will have people snapping necks in the city.

The lmi will cause ur temps to heat and it will pull timing because of the heat if you are racing the car in any capacity, the stock airbox is better than the lmi in terms of performance.

They say it adds 40 hp but it's probably closer to 15-20 hp at best, maybe even less. With the power these cars are making its not crazy to say that on an intake the car is probably making 730-750hp.

Overall at $299-$349 it's a steal imo.

The one thing that I will say is the uninstall of the stock airbox is a b*tch because it feeds directly into the front grille and the clips are a nightmare to get out because of the lack of space.

Other than that I love it, fits the redeye air feed which the jlt doesn't, the corsa is unnecessarily expensive af because of the cf, it won't overheat like it will with jlt, and it sounds day and night between the stock airbox.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
I like it, very good quality build.

It's loud as hell, well I guess all of the open airboxes are. You will have people snapping necks in the city.

The lmi will cause ur temps to heat and it will pull timing because of the heat if you are racing the car in any capacity, the stock airbox is better than the lmi in terms of performance.

They say it adds 40 hp but it's probably closer to 15-20 hp at best, maybe even less. With the power these cars are making its not crazy to say that on an intake the car is probably making 730-750hp.

Overall at $299-$349 it's a steal imo.

The one thing that I will say is the uninstall of the stock airbox is a b*tch because it feeds directly into the front grille and the clips are a nightmare to get out because of the lack of space.

Other than that I love it, fits the redeye air feed which the jlt doesn't, the corsa is unnecessarily expensive af because of the cf, it won't overheat like it will with jlt, and it sounds day and night between the stock airbox.
And that part number is correct right even though it shows for challenger on the kn site ? Thanks again I’m ordering it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
cool, thanks guys! I'm ordering it today.

Part# 63-1577 correct?

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
last question and I'll leave you guys alone : )

does this require any cover or pre filter of any kind, I don't see one in your pictures but just want to be sure. I'm in So.Fla so we get rain and water every day and I know the open ones require a cover to prevent water from getting in.... Looks like this one is covered on the sides so I imagine you have no issue with water correct?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts

does this require any cover or pre filter of any kind, I don't see one in your pictures but just want to be sure. I'm in So.Fla so we get rain and water every day and I know the open ones require a cover to prevent water from getting in.... Looks like this one is covered on the sides so I imagine you have no issue with water correct?
It sits pretty much like a redeye airbox, you shouldn't need a cover, you can run a sock though in the really "rainy" months if you want.

One thing I have learned not to do with the new redeye hood is wash the car after I have driven it for a while, seems like water seeps into the hood and produces steam everywhere like a geyser lol.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts

No issues with water. Been through car wash and a couple heavy downpours. Perfectly dry.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
No issues with water. Been through car wash and a couple heavy downpours. Perfectly dry.
Cool thanks again for all the advice! I would never have known to get this one as their site shows the typhoon one or some other model lol. Is there a big difference in the sound like the legmaker and others ? I really hope so. I was about to buy the legmaker but I daily the car and I’m in miami so that combo leads to massive heat in which case I feel a lot better with a more sealed one like this instead of a completely open system .

·
Registered
82 Posts
And I finally got aFe that goes best with my white body imo. However, I can’t say it made the whine much louder if at all. Pretty surprising.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
Just for fun I checked my iat today stock lol 159!

• Wow
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
Granted this was in traffic

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,999 Posts
Grated this was in traffic

Comparatively,
99 deg F ambient
134 deg F intake
114 deg F intercooler
70mph
aFe Magnum 2 intake

Reactions: Heat00

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
so on my entire drive home, including highway, temp never went below about 125 or so... maybe it's because of where I live and its hot as hec here to begin with all the time lol..

also I drove my buddy's jailbreak/redeye today with the legmaker and it sounded so incredible it convinced me to scrap the K&N idea and I pulled the trigger on the LMI. I know from reading here the LMI doesn't help with IAT but I figured I'll roll the dice. It just looks and sounds so good. hopefully it gets here soon. the sound is incredibly louder as I got to drive stock/LMI back to back and really hear the difference live and real world, not just videos.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
so on my entire drive home, including highway, temp never went below about 125 or so... maybe it's because of where I live and its hot as hec here to begin with all the time lol..

also I drove my buddy's jailbreak/redeye today with the legmaker and it sounded so incredible it convinced me to scrap the K&N idea and I pulled the trigger on the LMI. I know from reading here the LMI doesn't help with IAT but I figured I'll roll the dice. It just looks and sounds so good. hopefully it gets here soon. the sound is incredibly louder as I got to drive stock/LMI back to back and really hear the difference live and real world, not just videos.
Any open airbox will do that.

I didn't notice any sound difference on a redeye open airbox vs lmi vs the k&n

I'm sure there are but it's negligible imo, the stock is just so quiet.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts