SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
68 Posts
Any open airbox will do that.

I didn't notice any sound difference on a redeye open airbox vs lmi vs the k&n

I'm sure there are but it's negligible imo, the stock is just so quiet.
You may be right. I didn’t hear the redeye stock , only with the lmi vs my non redeye stock and it’s substantial .

I can barely hear mine the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
Any open airbox will do that.

I didn't notice any sound difference on a redeye open airbox vs lmi vs the k&n

I'm sure there are but it's negligible imo, the stock is just so quiet.
There’s comparisons of stock redeye intake vs LMI on YouTube and LMI is louder. Might be because of the carbon fiber idk but it screams lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
There’s comparisons of stock redeye intake vs LMI on YouTube and LMI is louder. Might be because of the carbon fiber idk but it screams lol
Yeah I never heard em back to back in a yt video but it could definitely be the case, still trivial to me as the stock airbox is the real restriction point.

My Best guess is that the heat shields on these other intakes maybe creates some sound deadening as opposed to the lmi having no protection. The tubing could also be a factor, even the filter, lots of small things could produce changes in noise. All I can say is the open airboxes sound extremely loud in general.

It's really up to the owner and depends on use at that point I guess, but I would never sacrifice noise for actual performance.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
You may be right. I didn’t hear the redeye stock , only with the lmi vs my non redeye stock and it’s substantial .

I can barely hear mine the way it is.

Stock airbox to the open airbox is a big jump in itself, like brumz said there's videos out there on yt, on the street for a daily I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, jlt causes fitment issues though to be fair.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How tight is the seal with the hood? Any fitment issues of any sort?
No issues at all. Fits perfectly. Of course I don’t see when hood is closed but when closing it looks as if it seals perfectly. Hood snaps on the latch slightly harder. Meaning like, you need to drop the hood from a few inches higher which tells me it seals well.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
119 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the info. Did that intake tube coming from the grill give you any difficulty during the install?

No issues at all. Fits perfectly. Of course I don’t see when hood is closed but when closing it looks as if it seals perfectly. Hood snaps on the latch slightly harder. Meaning like, you need to drop the hood from a few inches higher which tells me it seals well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
928 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the info. Did that intake tube coming from the grill give you any difficulty during the install?
That intake tube is "aids,"

its really just a matter of you pulling the tabs and pulling it out but the room is so tight in there you might want to undo the coolant tank for more space. It's annoying and difficult for something so easy. Just play around with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I loosened the coolant reservuar but still snapping on that tube gave me some tension :). But all in all it’s doable. Just get a friend for extra pair of hands.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
119 Posts
Thanks! One more question: On the Charger is the factory intake tube getting popped into the front of the the airbox or did you use the one that came with the AFE intake?

Yeah, I loosened the coolant reservuar but still snapping on that tube gave me some tension :). But all in all it’s doable. Just get a friend for extra pair of hands.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks! One more question: On the Charger is the factory intake tube getting popped into the front of the the airbox or did you use the one that came with the AFE intake?
I used oem and didn’t even remove when installing. The one coming with aFe is for a Challenger as it bends to the right, towards the headlamp, while for Charger it bends towards grill, so to the left.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
119 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the info. I’ve ordered one, looks like the wait for it to arrive will be 6 weeks or so.

I used oem and didn’t even remove when installing. The one coming with aFe is for a Challenger as it bends to the right, towards the headlamp, while for Charger it bends towards grill, so to the left.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts