SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Chrysler 300C SRT 392
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are several different air temp parameters available via the OBD2 port, just wondering which ones are important to monitor:

1. IAT: I get this one, the temperature of air in the intake tube
2. IAT2: Post intercooler temp
3. Air charge temp 1: ?
4. Air charge temp 2: ?
5. Throttle outlet temp: would assume this is air temp just past the TB?
6. Manifold temp: This is typically the hottest. Air temp inside the intake manifold? Where is this in relation to IAT2?

Which ones are important to watch? I'd assume IAT2 is used to pull timing once it exceeds a certain level? TIA.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,782 Posts
There are several different air temp parameters available via the OBD2 port, just wondering which ones are important to monitor:

IAT: I get this one, the temperature of air in the intake tube
IAT2: Post intercooler temp
Air charge temp 1: ?
Air charge temp 2: ?
Throttle outlet temp: would assume this is air temp just past the TB?
Manifold temp: This is typically the hottest. Air temp inside the intake manifold? Where is this in relation to IAT2?

Which ones are important to watch? I'd assume IAT2 is used to pull timing once it exceeds a certain level? TIA.

·
Registered
Chrysler 300C SRT 392
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1&2 are pretty obvious, I'm curious as to what exactly 3 and 4 are, and to what benefit it is to monitor 5 and 6.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,782 Posts
1&2 are pretty obvious, I'm curious as to what exactly 3 and 4 are, and to what benefit it is to monitor 5 and 6.
3&4 are the most important since this is the temperature of the air just before it mixes with the fuel and enters the cylinder heads; the primary temperature used by the ECU.

5&6 measure pre supercharger temperatures. 140 deg F and above, the ECU starts to pull timing. corrected. 3&4 is the primary temp to monitor at below 140 deg F or less.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,358 Posts
3&4 are the most important since this is the temperature of the air just before it mixes with the fuel and enters the cylinder heads; the primary temperature used by the ECU.

5&6 measure pre supercharger temperatures. 140 deg F and above, the ECU starts to pull timing.
Where is this temp at inside the car? Either performance pages or center display between the speedo and tach?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,782 Posts
Where is this temp at inside the car? Either performance pages or center display between the speedo and tach?

That sensor doesn't have a readout in the gauge cluster or performance pages. However, it can be read with a code reader.

Minor correction to previous post, it is the average air charge temp over 140 deg F where ECU pulls timing. #5 and 6 are not as important but will throw an engine code (P0112) if the sensor reads 195 deg F.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,358 Posts
That sensor doesn't have a readout in the gauge cluster or performance pages. However, it can be read with a code reader.

Minor correction to previous post, it is the average air charge temp over 140 deg F where ECU pulls timing. #5 and 6 are not as important but will throw an engine code (P0112) if the sensor reads 195 deg F.
Bummer that would be nice to read inside without a code reader..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts