SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on this forum in a bit, as I bought a new 2021 Dodge Ram TRX and have been busy w/ that.

There have probably been several posts about this, but I am hearing from lots of pretty good sources that 2021 will be the last year of the Supercharged-Hemi's.

They all say that this motor will not meet the new 2022 EPA regulations.

If this is certain, then I am very much considering ordering a new 2021 SRT Super Stock, as it may be the last of its kind.

If anyone has any 'real' facts about this, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
Not ‘real’ fact but more like common sense. FCA (stellantis -ew) has never been shy about promoting their big guns or limited this or numbered that. These’s zero way theyre going out without a promotional bang. If 2021 was it you wouldve known 9 months ago. There would be no rebates and there would be some special SS (Swan Song) edition with decals and wheels offered to clear the shelves of all of the left over parts. There would be advertisements trying to entice people to get in on the last of the legendary Hellcats while they can.
Again, no facts but I dont see FCA letting the Hellcat go out in silence.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not ‘real’ fact but more like common sense. FCA (stellantis -ew) has never been shy about promoting their big guns or limited this or numbered that. These’s zero way theyre going out without a promotional bang. If 2021 was it you wouldve known 9 months ago. There would be no rebates and there would be some special SS (Swan Song) edition with decals and wheels offered to clear the shelves of all of the left over parts. There would be advertisements trying to entice people to get in on the last of the legendary Hellcats while they can.
Again, no facts but I dont see FCA letting the Hellcat go out in silence.
Good point man.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,978 Posts
I sure hope Slowpoke is correct...but I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure hope Slowpoke is correct...but I wouldn't bet on it.
I personally think that the show is over. I don't see them announcing any more high-horsepower muscle cars in this current climate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,978 Posts
That's one reason I ordered a TRX now.
Aside from that the Trackhawk was worth stupid money at this point.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,156 Posts
I think it would just be wrong not to stuff the tusks in a last hurrah car, but that’s just me

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
476 Posts
It is strongly speculated (and hinted sometimes from FCA) that dodge will start going electric and hybrid only in the not to distant future. But who knows? Could be a sales ploy.

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
I don't see them announcing any more high-horsepower muscle cars in this current climate.
Me either. Was talking some 500 unit decal Swan Song special in ‘22, not something new. Think 2020 Daytona Charger-esque.

Reactions: Gotgap

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
476 Posts
2021 ? No chance. Zero. I predict at least five more years of supercharged Hemi’s. Let’s mark this thread and look back. Time will tell.
Agreed. Im talking the 2025+ish future. But I hope Im wrong and the hp wars keep escalating until we have 1,500 hp daily drivers with a warranty...If they Keep building them and finances keep flowing, I’m gonna buy them!

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
It is strongly speculated (and hinted sometimes from FCA) that dodge will start going electric and hybrid only in the not to distant future. But who knows? Could be a sales ploy.
Oh for sure this is coming. Def not a ploy, Tim K. has been all over this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
483 Posts
Just because electric is coming does not mean gas is gone. Over in the wrangler world they introduced a plug-in wrangler and shortly there after boom 392 V8 Wrangler. Maybe an electric challenger will allow them to build a huge stupid gas hemi Challenger. To offset.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
W hat about the Ghoul? It's coming right? ......RIGHT? 😂😂😂only 200k!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts