SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to run 91-93 octane with ethanol or ethanol free only? If either, does it help to run with it or without?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,257 Posts
I never heard of this, although I have not purchased a Demon.

All pump gas I ever see has 10% EtOH. Plus, a little EtOH increases octane if anything. o_O

In just for the knowledge!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,257 Posts
In Wisconsin we have the option of 91 oct no ethanol / 93 otc with 10 % ethanol .
That’s a bonus!

It would have saved me a few hundred dollars in lawn mower carburetor replacements over the years before Honda started making them ethanol compatible. :(

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,257 Posts
FYI: Use this site to find 100% gas:

www.pure-gas.org
Pretty cool if you need ethanol-free gas. I still don’t know what application that would be for... Does the Demon really require 0% EtOH?

True story about attempting to locate pure fuel nearby...

I found a VP Racing Fuel Gas Station with Google Maps back before I stopped using gas. I immediately drove to less-than-affluent area of town hoping to buy some 110 pails for the track. I arrived at a Gas Station structure clearly not being reinvested in. After braving the entrance I was greeted by two fine middle-eastern gents who seemed to avoid English with great effort. I think I finally conveyed to them the treasure I sought, and after looking at each other for a moment, they looked at me and giggled as they shook their heads. At that moment I accepted the possibility that this VP Racing Fuel Station did not actually carry any VP products. I still don’t understand this business model. :(

Here it is, lol.
Google Maps

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
50 Posts
I use non-ethanol 91 on all of my classic cars as well as my newer muscle cars like my DEMON, especially if the cars are going to be sitting around without being driven regularly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts