SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were talking and out of the blue, she wants to go order a new Redeye Challenger. I remember the pain that I had to go through back in 2015 to get my 2016 Hellcat ordered. What is it like these days? I have been off the forums for a while. Is it too late to expect to get an order through this late in the season?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
Donlen saying orders close Aug 5th and they usually pretty accurate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Donlen saying orders close Aug 5th and they usually pretty accurate.

Thank you for your answer. Great news!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,740 Posts
Not Too late to order but with the chip shortage your wait may be longer than usual. Just something to think about.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I went down to the dealership last night and placed an order for two Hellcat Redeye Challengers. One regular for my wife with Hellraisin color and a Redeye widebody with F8 Green for me. And now the wait begins. Very exciting times. I really hope all goes well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
Build sheet when it's built.

Window Sticker when it built, done with the Upfitter, inspected and ready to ship.

Nothing else online you can check.

I'd wait for the build sheet then contact my dealer and ask him for the estimated ship and delivery dates which he should have, obviously subject to change but it's a start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My order is going in today for a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody. Dealership said they can’t guarantee a 2021 this late as the model year changes July 2. If this happens they will automatically flip my order to a 2022 and the price could change

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,740 Posts
My order is going in today for a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody. Dealership said they can’t guarantee a 2021 this late as the model year changes July 2. If this happens they will automatically flip my order to a 2022 and the price could change
Makes zero sense. If they submit the order before order banks close then it will be built. Unless maybe theyre talking about the chip shortage pushing the build date past order banks closing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
Dealership said they can’t guarantee a 2021 this late as the model year changes July 2.
Don't think this is correct. Donlen saying you can order a 2021 as late as Aug 5th which means the earliest you would see a 2022 would probably be October. Sounds like more dealer bs to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, and with the current wait times even if I’m getting a 2021 it could take until October to get it 🤷‍♂️
I’d be ok with getting one of the first 2022’s tho 👍🏼

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard this as a possibility as well, which dealer did you hear this from if you don’t mind me asking? Im ready to order a new Super Stock but I’ve been holding off to hear if this is true bc I would gladly wait a month and half to get a 2022 Super Stock!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard this as a possibility as well, which dealer did you hear this from if you don’t mind me asking? Im ready to order a new Super Stock but I’ve been holding off to hear if this is true bc I would gladly wait a month and half to get a 2022 Super Stock!
I’m in Canada, ordered from Tilbury Chrysler about 45min from Windsor/Detroit border
These cars are made not far from me. A dealership in Brampton just got a green 21 Super Stock on the lot couple days ago, said they have another one coming next week

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
Not a chance. You wait for a 2022 Super Stock you might be looking at a Christmas delivery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not a chance. You wait for a 2022 Super Stock you might be looking at a Christmas delivery.

That is what I was originally thinking like usual it would be a late fall switch over but I have been hearing possibly a mid summer switch instead idk!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
That is what I was originally thinking like usual it would be a late fall switch over but I have been hearing possibly a mid summer switch instead idk!
Looks like they are wrong, 2022 is going to be even later than last year.

Donlen just updated their info.

Aug 05 - order banks 2021 close

Oct 15 - order banks 2022 open

Dec 06 - production 2022 starts

So with Christmas vacation it will probably be February before you see any 2022 Hellcats and Super Stocks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts