SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
It'll take me 10 years to get that kind of miles on anything but my tow vehicle, at the rate I'm going.
Thats great man, im a young self made professional, and this is my DD. Maybe when I make it big one day like you, I can keep my shiny new toy in my garage. For now, the VA disability from Iraq covers the cat payment (gratefully)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
It's not about making it big. Instead I spend practically all my money on vehicles.
And thank you for your service!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
h
It's not about making it big. Instead I spend practically all my money on vehicles.
And thank you for your service!
Hahaha, I hear you man. And my pleasure. Quite Frankly, if I didn't have 2 toddlers I might too. But im in finance, and I would be a hypocrite to tell people to do one thing and do another. Its like an obese doctor telling you to go on a diet hahaha. As much as I would like to, (and have in the past), I need to be able manage both of my home payments etc to be able to offer my kids more than I had growing up.
But, tying that into relevance of the post LOL, thats why i chose a year old over a new cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Reactions: Mopar_Gummy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Weekly dealership test drives past redline LOL. Many have been thrashed before new owner buys
My Challenger was subjected to something like that.

Bought it with 16 miles showing, but when I got there to pick it up it had 50 miles on it.
Judging by the rear tires and the Lie-O-Meter, they were not easy miles, either.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My Challenger was subjected to something like that.

Bought it with 16 miles showing, but when I got there to pick it up it had 50 miles on it.
Judging by the rear tires and the Lie-O-Meter, they were not easy miles, either.
I would have demanded new tires

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
I would have demanded new tires
I made an attempt at trading it in on a used one they had, but that didn't work out at all.

Part of the story is that I had driven 450 miles to drop off my trade-in at my dealer, then another 200 or so to bring the dealer trade car to the dealer that had my 'Cat.
I was already a bit tired before even loading the 'Cat on the trailer, which took a while, and had another 500 or so miles to go to get home.

The tires were the least of my worries. Correct axle gear and transmission break-in is much higher on my list.
And I changed the tires and wheels almost immediately anyway, not knowing if they'd hit any pot holes with them, too.

Reactions: NeverEnough

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yeah, most Hellcats are garage kept and barely driven, how many have you seen on the road, enough said!
Which is a shame. Waste of a fun car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Wish i could drive mine more, but then there's real life.
Lol, you must have a crazy life, i drive to the gym in the morning at 430, my kids to school at 7, grab a redbull around noon and pick the kids up around 6 from after care. I mean shit, even when I would do deployments over seas I would make up for it when I got back

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Well, the main reason is that while I usually drive 3-4 vehicles on a typical day, it's almost all on the property.

And when I do hit the public roads, it's generally to tow something. My "daily all-weather" pickup is a '14 with 22,000 on it, and the '17 3500 tow vehicle has 17,500.

So despite that the vast majority of my driving is at least 100 miles one way, usually closer to 500 -1,000, it's rare that I only need to transport myself. Which is where the Challenger comes in.
But now with competition from the 'Hawk, which doesn't exactly help add miles to the 'Cat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Okay, Gummy, I realize that my post could be misunderstood. Those 100 to 1,000 mile trips are not on the property.
Maybe 25 miles a week is, but that's in 1/4 to 1/2 mile spurts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Guys,

I heard some stuff that it’s kind of not a good idea to buy used hellcats, due to people race on these cars, use them much, you know what I mean, so the technical condition is not good after such harsh usage. So high risk of run into troubles with engine or something else. It would be great to hear reasonable opinion from hellcat owners. Thank you!
Most guys who purchase a hellcat, demon, redeye, or the like, take better care of them by far versus your average “transportation consumer!” Think about it...most all buyers of our type auto is a car lover. Changes oil and services ahead of schedule and more often than needed. Even though we buy them to rip around in, we know them better and treat them better than any other “thing” we own! I would rather buy a used redeye or hellcat over a “average” used car any day of the week. Of course do a full and thorough inspection, and don’t buy one without verification of service records. Under these circumstances, I would not be scared at all to pick a good used muscle car! Now that being said, as already stated above, a new one is a pretty good buy right now...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
Good points, Chancey, but...

I suspect that many also never get driven long/far enough to get the fluids up to temp. I would much rather buy one that has 5,000 "long trip" highway miles on it than one with 1,000 that were compiled going to the local car shows and such.

If I start mine up, it gets driven at least 20 miles.

Reactions: Chancey
41 - 60 of 89 Posts