2020 M6 HC
469 Posts
Why 2 threads?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
425 Posts
Yes. Had the Alpine in my Scat. The HK is much better
If the HK is much better than the Alpine, the Alpine must really suck...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,888 Posts
Pretty underwhelmed with the HK system myself. Sounds good on paper but not so much to my ears :LOL: Could have something to do with the fidelity of some of the music I transfer to the thumb drive though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
165 Posts
I had the Alpine in my 300C and SRT Jeep- had the HK in my Hellcat.

The HK is NIGHT and DAY BETTER- hands down. Yes I wish it was louder - but it’s better in every way.

If you want to beef it up- ad a subwoofer in the trunk.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
425 Posts
If you want to beef it up- ad a subwoofer in the trunk.
That was the 1st thing I did with mine. It pumped up the bottom very well, but frankly the rest of the system IMHO just isn't up to the task. There are plenty of folks that like/love the HK system. I'm just not one of them.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
469 Posts
I have said in many similar posts, the HC is a loud car. If you really want great quality music, put on headphones. Unless you spend a lot of time listening to music in your HC with the engine off, just get the cheap one because with the noise the HC makes it won't make any difference.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
For every post advising to get the base Alpine because the car sounds so good anyway and who really needs loud music - there’s another one about how they didnt realize how bad the Alpine would actually be and wish they had gotten the HK.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
907 Posts
I never thought I wanted the (overpriced) HK system, but after having the Alpine in my prior 2 Scat Packs and having the HK system now in my current car.....it's waaaay better than the base Alpine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
425 Posts
I have said in many similar posts, the HC is a loud car. If you really want great quality music, put on headphones. Unless you spend a lot of time listening to music in your HC with the engine off, just get the cheap one because with the noise the HC makes it won't make any difference.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ This, 100% .But, I wanted a loud (and accurate) system that would keep up with all of the noise that the HC makes. It took a substantial investment, but in the end, I've got a system that is way louder than the car is at any speed. Just the way I like it...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
857 Posts
For every post advising to get the base Alpine because the car sounds so good anyway and who really needs loud music - there’s another one about how they didnt realize how bad the Alpine would actually be and wish they had gotten the HK.
Or the HK buyers really enjoy their collective confirmation bias inside an echo chamber of thinly veiled denial and buyer's remorse.

The opinion goes both ways.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
Or the HK buyers really enjoy their collective confirmation bias inside an echo chamber of thinly veiled denial and buyer's remorse.

The opinion goes both ways.
Or the HK just sounds better than the Alpine am radio, thus making the remorse undetectable Lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
133 Posts
While the HK is no match for an aftermarket, I find it does the job very well. It does depend on the input and the settings. I enjoy the sound, then again I have some hearing loss due to decades of being a musician whos ears were pummeled by drummers and their ride cymbals!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
857 Posts
Or the HK just sounds better than the Alpine am radio, thus making the remorse undetectable Lol.
Heh.

Remorse? Maybe you are suffering from cognitive dissonance about this whole thing. ;)
I suppose.

But, when I compare money I didn't spend on the seldom used, superfluous, and quickly obsolete the options to the things I used that money for that adds greater value to my HC/hobby/life - I cannot see how it is justifiable. Drag pack, DS suspension controller, Barton, etc... this hoist yesterday and that Camaro for the wife last year and on and on.

PXL_20210415_171220088.jpg

For those reasons wouldn't feel right paying for subwoofers with TimBit-sized magnets, adaptive sensors and nanny systems, navigation, power this and that, red seat belts, "performance" spoiler, special coloured wheels, etc. It is too much money tied up for little meaningful return. I am guilty for getting the hood pins... they are quasi-functional. ;)

Different strokes for different folks.

Remember the one thing we do have in common is under the hood and the namesake of the car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
165 Posts
That was the 1st thing I did with mine. It pumped up the bottom very well, but frankly the rest of the system IMHO just isn't up to the task. There are plenty of folks that like/love the HK system. I'm just not one of them.
It’s not the best I’ve heard , agreed . I’ve had fully aftermarket systems as well. My only point is , it’s far better than the Alpine system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts