SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought my wheels where just dirty with brake just. I tried to clean them but just wasn't able to. I had the car professionally cleaned and they pointed out it wasn't brake dust but overspray. Outside of wheel is fine.

Are the inside barrels of the wheels supposed to be finished as the outside?

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,271 Posts
So I thought my wheels where just dirty with brake just. I tried to clean them but just wasn't able to. I had the car professionally cleaned and they pointed out it wasn't brake dust but overspray. Outside of wheel is fine.

Are the inside barrels of the wheels supposed to be finished as the outside?
I have 2 Hellcats with OEM wheels and neither were polished on the interior. Come to think of it neither was my 2008.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
405 Posts
Two of my trackhawk wheels were like this, so I pointed it out to the dealer. Dodge replaced them under warranty.

·
Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
2,188 Posts
I actually bought a set of devils wheels as extra for my Redeye. Having them stripped & powder coated, so the barrel of the wheels will look as good as the front.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
268 Posts
On my 22 the barrels are basically overspray, another fantastic cost savings by Stellantis! They are PITA to clean now.

Reactions: Under-Pressure

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is why Dodge lost buyers in the 70's and 80's. They can get away with it now because we don't buy these cars for those reasons. We don't even mind the plastic interiors. We give a pass on all kinds of ish for 800 horses. It's a muscle car for God's sake lol. I wonder if the Pacifica has these types of flaws?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts