SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing around with the various 2022 Challenger configurators and full Laguna Leather seats are available in Hellcat, Hellcat WideBody, Redeye and Jailbreak . But for some reason I don’t see it available for the Redeye WideBody.

Is this just an error in the Redeye WideBody configurator?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, in my 2016 Laguna and HK stereo were standard and I really liked both and was surprised Laguna was not available on Redeye WideBody.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,740 Posts
Thanks guys, in my 2016 Laguna and HK stereo were standard and I really liked both and was surprised Laguna was not available on Redeye WideBody.
It's just a new way to squeeze buyers into spending more money. You’re now forced into a JB if you want leather. Things have changed big time.

· Registered
'22 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
280 Posts
As slowpoke just alluded to, it's a rather cynical way for Dodge to get you to spend more money on a Jailbreak just to be able to have leather.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like Laguna is a $3800 option on the Jailbreak and $1795 on all the other helcatt models. If I’m reading it correctly that is certainly a bad move by Dodge

· Registered
'19 Challenger Redeye
1,387 Posts
Looks like Laguna is a $3800 option on the Jailbreak and $1795 on all the other helcatt models. If I’m reading it correctly that is certainly a bad move by Dodge
I just selected the Laguna option on a non-WB redeye on the Dodge website. Even though they advertise $1795.00 for the seats, it also forces you to select two other packages (Plus package and driver's convenience packages) which are an additional $1295.00 and $2095.00.....so they kinda screw you either way if you didn't want those extra packages.

-I've said it before....I think by the way Dodge is now offering Jailbreak editions that someone can option how they want it (and pay additional for) ....while at the same time stripping almost all of the options on the non-JB RE Challenger WB's......I kinda think the regular 2022 non-JB Redeye WB's just might be the most rare model sold....time will tell though...

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,301 Posts
I just selected the Laguna option on a non-WB redeye on the Dodge website. Even though they advertise $1795.00 for the seats, it also forces you to select two other packages (Plus package and driver's convenience packages) which are an additional $1295.00 and $2095.00.....so they kinda screw you either way if you didn't want those extra packages.
It's been like that since 2019 when they stripped all the standard features out of Hellcat. On any Challenger if you want Laguna you have to buy those two packs.

But is Plus Group standard on Jailbreak?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
'19 Challenger Redeye
1,387 Posts
It's been like that since 2019 when they stripped all the standard features out of Hellcat. On any Challenger if you want Laguna you have to buy those two packs.

But is Plus Group standard on Jailbreak?

Actually the web site says the plus package is not available on JB's...OR RE WB's (on the "Compare Models") page....🤨 - makes no sense..

Always been a bad web site. It's almost unbelievable to me how many "editions" and "packages" there are on all the non-HC models. Crazy compared to the few options available way back when I bought my first Challenger in '09...

· Premium Member
2022 Challenger Jail Break
2,792 Posts
All I know is that on a JB you can get anything you want as far as options available. The packages may not be named the same as the other trims.

Things are more Al a carte. Like there is no carbon/suede package you have to select the trims you want separately. Also, the plus package doesn’t exist just the driver convenience and technology.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,301 Posts
OK I see what they did.

Yes Plus is eliminated but you can still get the Alcantara/Nappa seats that you otherwise would have gotten with Plus for the same money, $2095.

The only other thing that Plus would have given you is the Engine Turn Trim and now that is a separate option so don't need Plus anymore.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,960 Posts
My bet is that the reason for the JB Laguna option price increase over the other models is that the JB is also getting the "Laguna Package" with the stitched laguna dash, door, and center console and they may have yanked it from the other models.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My bet is that the reason for the JB Laguna option price increase over the other models is that the JB is also getting the "Laguna Package" with the stitched laguna dash, door, and center console and they may have yanked it from the other models.
Well if it comes with leather trim dash and door panels then agree it should be more $$. For some reason the interior picture doesn’t update when I select Laguna option.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMO you’re better off with the alcantara anyways, it doesn’t have wrinkle issues
I liked the Laguna seats in my 16 and they still looked new by the time I sold it. I know some people have had pre-mature wear issues.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,301 Posts
Before Jailbreak, if you wanted Laguna Leather you had to first order the Driver Convenience Group ($1,295) and then Plus Package ($2,095) and then the Laguna option was $1,795. So that's $5,185.

Now with Jailbreak the Laguna is $3,890 but you only have to order Driver Convenience Group for $1,295 so it's the same $5,185.

So the only money grab is making you selelect one of the Bezel and Console Trims, the previously standard trim (Engine Turn) that you would have gotten with Plus you now have to pay $199 for, or you could pay up to $699 for the Copper Weave, so that's where they are making their money by eliminating Plus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.