SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,247 Posts
Technically, this isn't rice. This is a donk culture thing. At least rice rods tend to still be moderately functional. Donks are just plain stupid in my book. Any car with a suspension so stiff to support wheels that size is silly. I saw a TikTok a while back of a donked Challenger going over a speed bump. When the front tires came down on the other side, the jolt cracked the windshield.
Couldnt agree more. The whole badonky donk thing is just stupid. Gtho of here with that junk. And get off my lawn.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
I've been to a few car shows this year and see all kinds of mods. I wouldn't call them "rice" but stickers, add-on body parts (spoilers, wickerbills) and lights (lots in engine compartments). This is definitly not my thing, my HC is stock aside from a catch can, but I don't fault people for wanting to make their car unique / their own. I do see a lot of "WTF" mods but a few, very few, tasteful ones also. To each his/her own.
Hehe, guilty :)

Plant Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer

Automotive lighting Purple Entertainment Violet Pink

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
21 Posts
Dodge should have made the Hellcat standout a bit more than the other charger / Chlenger models in my opinion. My kids at every stop light say “look daddy that’s like your car”, pointing to some GT with the exact same body kit as mine from the factory.
Kind of grinds my gears, but yes there are a few guys around town with way overdone mopars. Some of them look silly and “ricer”. I guess I don’t get it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
731 Posts
Dodge should have made the Hellcat standout a bit more than the other charger / Chlenger models in my opinion. My kids at every stop light say “look daddy that’s like your car”, pointing to some GT with the exact same body kit as mine from the factory.
Kind of grinds my gears, but yes there are a few guys around town with way overdone mopars. Some of them look silly and “ricer”. I guess I don’t get it.
That is one of the things I loved about my ZL1... you absolutely knew what kind of car it was...

You can't even tell a ScatPack Charger apart from a Hellcat Charger at this point unless you're under the hood or standing next to it. It's a little easier with the Challengers but even now the ScatPack has the previous Hellcat hood....

Aside from the hood/badging, good luck telling the difference...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
True ricers are people that put fake, non-functioning "performance parts" on. Cosmetic stickers and crap isn't rice. To each their own, but fake spoilers, chopped exhausts, putting a demon emblem on a v6, etc ad nauseum, is very much rice.

Edit: to add to this, SRT vehicles very much are racecars, so nothing wrong with making them look like racecars.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
568 Posts
You can't even tell a ScatPack Charger apart from a Hellcat Charger at this point unless you're under the hood or standing next to it. It's a little easier with the Challengers but even now the ScatPack has the previous Hellcat hood....
I kinda like that part. I took all my Hellcat badges off my Durango for PPF and decided to leave them off as I see no upside to the attention they may bring. From knuckleheads or cops.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think everyone has a different tolerance for the desirability of aftermarket modifications. Personally, I don’t even like the look of aftermarket wheels on my cars, but I do on my Jeeps and trucks. I’m in the process of spending a fair amount of money on one-off custom designed and built 17” back wheels for my Super Stock so they match the factory wheel look exactly.

I don’t think, however, that the imitation and fake cars, the super tacky real HCs, or the reckless drivers make all of us look bad. I think it just makes those individual drivers look like loser morons.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
I'm curious as to what company you used?
Type S from the Autozone "naughty" aisle. You know, that aisle that has all the plastic stick on hood scoops and stickers. But I can't be arsed to pay hundreds of bucks for LEDs. There's 3 LED strips in the engine bay, hidden from view, mostly. One is visible in the image in front of the hood liner (wires are ran under the hood liner towards the pass. side hood strut where my LED controller is mounted). There's one underneath the firewall behind the blower and another mounted on the radiator support. All the wires are ran and taped up against the body panels so you can't see them. In total, that under-hood kit setup ran me about $100. The interior kit is just the Type S interior lighting kit in its entirety. Bluetooth light controls with a bunch of features I don't use. I leave it on purple usually, but it can do all the colors and has stuff like strobe, prism, music beat, effect, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
731 Posts
Type S from the Autozone "naughty" aisle. You know, that aisle that has all the plastic stick on hood scoops and stickers. But I can't be arsed to pay hundreds of bucks for LEDs. There's 3 LED strips in the engine bay, hidden from view, mostly. One is visible in the image in front of the hood liner (wires are ran under the hood liner towards the pass. side hood strut where my LED controller is mounted). There's one underneath the firewall behind the blower and another mounted on the radiator support. All the wires are ran and taped up against the body panels so you can't see them. In total, that under-hood kit setup ran me about $100. The interior kit is just the Type S interior lighting kit in its entirety. Bluetooth light controls with a bunch of features I don't use. I leave it on purple usually, but it can do all the colors and has stuff like strobe, prism, music beat, effect, etc.
Good stuff to know... I like small things like that.... especially when it's done tastefully.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its not ricer per say its more Vato Zone and the stickers and fake port holes that make me shake my head. I had a 2016 scat pack, stock, and would clobber stock and quite a few lightly modified LSs.
But yes, the scat pack is the winner in the retard upgrades by far.

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,365 Posts
I haven't really seen or heard any of those comments. The Hellcat still gets a lot of respect. The only stigma I've been hearing is that they drive wreckless doing burnouts and donuts.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll be honest, one of the reasons I traded out the Hellcat was because of this. It's not a very collectable/rare car anyways. Couple that with a lot of the trash you see driving these things.. I just had no desire to hang onto the car long term.

·
Registered
Too many to list
6,365 Posts
If your HC has a red/yellow tow hook in the front grill, YOUR A RICER!
Or maybe you actually track your car and have a tow hook in case it breaks so that the tow truck doesn't mangle your car getting it on the tow truck.

Reactions: MSgtrock

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
169 Posts
Not sure if ricer is the correct term. However I completely understand. My son is selling his M6 TA because of some of the behavior associated with our cars. He's a car nut, but is so uncomfortable at car shows that he is moving on. I am not there yet. I love the Challenger body style, the comfort and the supercharger so Ill hang on. Its really the see me on Instagram crowf that has butchered the cars reputation. I am all for do your thing to your car, sadly though in some places the owners present different challenges beyond gawdy applications of stickers, lights, wheels ect.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts