SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there's a way to have it stay in Custom mode, rather than pointless wear-and-tear of it switching all the settings to Normal/Default every time the car starts up, only to have it switched back to Custom by the driver.
I'd like to "set it and forget it" both to minimize the wear on things and because I have it set how I want it for the daily commute 99% of the time.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that would be funny if I'd actually complained about "effort" anywhere. I am purely interested in reducing wear and tear on the mechanisms that have to adjust every time a mode is changed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
973 Posts
Nope.

And as always... a forum search would have yielded this answer without adding another thread to confuse people searching in the future.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
574 Posts
Wondering if there's a way to have it stay in Custom mode, rather than pointless wear-and-tear of it switching all the settings to Normal/Default every time the car starts up, only to have it switched back to Custom by the driver.
I'd like to "set it and forget it" both to minimize the wear on things and because I have it set how I want it for the daily commute 99% of the time.
Why dont you jut set your default to what you want?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had no idea that was an option. Figured the point of custom was to customize the default. Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
Had no idea that was an option. Figured the point of custom was to customize the default. Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
It's not custom if it's the settings you use everyday!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,763 Posts
Why dont you jut set your default to what you want?
Because it severely limits the adjustments. Doesnt allow trans changes. Im with the op. Hate having to change it every single time i get in the car.
Yep im the guy who thinks its a pia the hit that button twice every time i get in. Im also the guy who hates how there's no auto up function on the windows lol. Now bring it on, ive been married before, i can take anything.

Reactions: GBHellcat

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,396 Posts
Because it severely limits the adjustments. Doesnt allow trans changes. Im with the op. Hate having to change it every single time i get in the car.
Yep im the guy who thinks its a pia the hit that button twice every time i get in. Im also the guy who hates how there's no auto up function on the windows lol. Now bring it on, ive been married before, i can take anything.
Speaking of the auto up function, do your windows raise up noticeably slow?

Every time I raise my windows up they are so slow I keep thinking............Go...Go...Go.:mad:

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
Speaking of the auto up function, do your windows raise up noticeably slow?

Every time I raise my windows up they are so slow I keep thinking............Go...Go...Go.:mad:
Yessss. Hate em lol. Its like Dodge really wants these windows down lol. I swear if they offered a customizable default mode and auto up windows in the 17's id actually consider trading in my new '16 lol. My '15 SRT was the same, was really hoping they'd improve this but nope.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
574 Posts
I went in after I posted that to check it out, you are correct! Lol. No auto up? Chargers have them (on the front two anyway. Couldn't the default mode or leaving it where it is when you shut off just be an update? Not a tech guy, but seems possible. That's all from the good idea fairy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
288 Posts
That would be a serious product liability issue for the manufacturer, much like leaving a passenger side air bag disabled and requiring the driver to remember to turn it back on when a passenger is in that seat. If the driver has to turn off a safety feature, then they are assuming more of the risk.

David

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,941 Posts
That would be a serious product liability issue for the manufacturer, much like leaving a passenger side air bag disabled and requiring the driver to remember to turn it back on when a passenger is in that seat. If the driver has to turn off a safety feature, then they are assuming more of the risk.

David
Great point Sir! Thought it through but missed this one. Could be bad if my lady jumped in and had the traction control off.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,583 Posts
I used to ***** about that too until I realized that you can program each performance setting (Track, sport, custom and default) to whatever the hell you want. go in and Program "default" for what you used 99% of the time. For me i made it 700 hp, and everything street, I made "custom" all sport settings with track trans for those just in case times I get a smart ass wanting to play. Left sport and Track to the oem settings.

when you choose any of the major settings (track, sport, custom or default) there is a button that I think says " edit race settings" or something. hit that and it brings up another window with all the options where you can choose how to configure that particular button (default, custom etc).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know this is old and not sure why it popped up for me. My car was defaulting to ECO on startup. On that screen I just touched the green eco icon and held it. It goes away and you can set it up however you like.

·
Registered
8,763 Posts
I know this is old and not sure why it popped up for me. My car was defaulting to ECO on startup. On that screen I just touched the green eco icon and held it. It goes away and you can set it up however you like.
It will default to eco if you had eco on before you shut it down last. Once you turn it off one time it will stay off until you turn it on again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts