SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They only have 495 Hp we have 797 but we can’t hookup. Doesn’t matter how many HP if there is no traction. Ugh.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah they are both American sports cars. One has 300 less HP and is faster and cheaper.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah they are both American sports cars. One has 300 less HP and is faster and cheaper.
If this is how generalized your thinking processes are nothing I say will change your mind. Trade your Redeye for the C8 and have fun. No one is stopping you.

Of course, if all you want is something that is faster and cheaper i'd question why you wouldn't just get a bike. Since that's all that matters, right?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
888 Posts
  1. They are not both sports cars. The Challenger is a Touring. They are completely different cars and it’s sad they try to prove themselves against a touring Sedan. A Viper is in the same class.
    Sedan? Sedans have 4 doors. But I get what you’re saying. The Hellcat is a muscle car while the Vette is a true sports car. Different animals.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That’s news to me. I’ve never heard otherwise. 4 doors and a trunk = sedan.
You learned something new today then because a Sedan means the trunk is separated from the passenger area.
From Wikipedia: It is sometimes suggested that sedans must have four doors (to provide a simple distinction between sedans and two-door coupés).[11] However, several sources state that a sedan can have two or four doors.[5](p134)[12][13] In addition, terms such as sedan and coupé have been more loosely interpreted by car manufacturers since 2010.[14]

·
Registered
333 Posts
You learned something new today then because a Sedan means the trunk is separated from the passenger area.
From Wikipedia: It is sometimes suggested that sedans must have four doors (to provide a simple distinction between sedans and two-door coupés).[11] However, several sources state that a sedan can have two or four doors.[5](p134)[12][13] In addition, terms such as sedan and coupé have been more loosely interpreted by car manufacturers since 2010.[14]
So if you fold the rear seats down the sedan turns into a hatchback or a wagon?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
They are not both sports cars. The Challenger is a Touring. They are completely different cars and it’s sad they try to prove themselves against a touring Sedan. A Viper is in the same class.
Viper is in its own class. Always has been.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,545 Posts
Does seem strange but in 2015 on some Scat Pack build sheets it said the car was a 2-Door Sedan.

I also read somewhere it has something to do with the size of the back seat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 163 Posts