SRT Hellcat Forum banner

It's my turn for the wine and cheese

8K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  281 
#1 ·
My B5 hellcat is sitting at the rail yard for over a week now and says not till feb 5th and it's less than 40 min from my work just over a hour from my house. They are calling for 8-10 inches of snow. I'm super pickey I hate surface runs and any little bit. I hope I'm not warranting every bushing and nuts.

#8 ·
It's going to sit at work till April when the weather is nice. (On show room floor) just the little parts that rust just from the water. I plan on taking a day of vacation the next day cleaning it changing brake pads. Putting on drag radials. Clay bar and waxing and installing nitrous

#19 ·
I would like to get your feedback on them after you have them in for a month. Very curious about the brake dust. I have no complaints about the pads as far as how well they perform, but they do leave a nasty film thst is a beatch to try to clean!

#16 ·
Why would they not be turmable??

#17 ·
I feel your pain! My baby sat in flying rat purgatory for a month and a half...good news is you don't have to wait for the aging donkeys to pull your baby across the country! Just a few days away! Can wait to see pics...;)

#25 ·
I thought I read on here somewhere in the last few days that the HC's brakes are slightly larger than the Jeeps. Not a lot, but maybe enough to make them not work 100% on a HC, or maybe have a premature brake death? There is a thread on here with the dimensions.

#26 ·
im working on it already. In between the TA im building

I thought I read on here somewhere in the last few days that the HC's brakes are slightly larger than the Jeeps. Not a lot, but maybe enough to make them not work 100% on a HC, or maybe have a premature brake death? There is a thread on here with the dimensions.
im in sure I can send back if don't work. Can't hurt to try.

#29 ·
When you source it, maybe we can get a discount for 2
Slicks will definitely stress the OEM part.
Carbon Fibre will be lighter.

#30 ·
It will be easy enough to just pull my driveshaft, drop it off at a local shop that has made a few drive shafts for me, let them measure and make a new CF shaft.

Reactions: 630
#31 ·
I am sure you will get your car before me, but i am still serious about a deal for 2.

#35 ·
Frank at the drive shaft shop DSS is proto typing both Al and CF, there is a little more to these than in the past, give him a call and get on a waiting list, I use PST for all our racing CF shafts and will be sending mine out in the next few days to them.

#36 ·
I'm feeling your pain! Mine was put on a truck to dealer 2 days ago…and it's only a 59 minute drive LOL….still not there. Maybe he got lost?? LOL

#38 ·
I haven't gotten to see underneath a HC in person yet. But I'm still curious as to why it has a two piece driveshaft, not only that, but it's bolted to the car in the center with a bearing. Maybe there is some vibration they are trying to overcome? But it seems like there is usually an angle to account for if a 2pc is used? I would like to know for sure before swapping it for a single piece unit. It may require a 2pc, but just made out of stronger materials.

#39 ·
Could someone at SRT Engineering help us out here?
Just a hint? CF or Al or CM

#40 ·
Chrysler has stated on more then one occasion that the Hellcat front brakes are the largest brake ever put on a Chrysler production car.

#42 ·
Can you come and inspect mine once it comes in? Before I deliver? Or maybe you can explain in detail what I should look for before I give them my hard earned cash. I am sure mine will have some due to all the sitting.

thanks, hope your B5 comes soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.