SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with keyboard - $980
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - $750
Colt AR-15 Carbine Magpul - $950
Xbox One Master Chief Collection - $350
Valentine V1 Grand Touring Package - $450
Vizio 55" 4K Ultra HD - $1000
Smith and Wesson M&P 45 - $450
Leatherman Wave Multi-tool Black Oxide - $70
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total - $5000

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
my last trip for a family of 5 to Disneyworld for 8 days was less than $5,000 including airfare and really nice meals

i took a Carnival cruise the year before for 7 days for around $4,000 and we lived like kings

glad i paid MSRP, but those days seem to be over now thanks to Dodge announcing the end to ordering the HC for a while

i tried to find a car for whoever that young girl was a week or so ago who was willing to pay a bit of ADM to get her car now.(didnt she survive some disease or accident or something)....got a call tonight....dealer offered $10k adm just to order one....i told her she was immoral for her offer....she had no response

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my last trip for a family of 5 to Disneyworld for 8 days was less than $5,000 including airfare and really nice meals

i took a Carnival cruise the year before for 7 days for around $4,000 and we lived like kings
Wow that's even crazy, Disney is hella expensive and it was still less than $5k for over a week with 5 people?! Well that's another good example and kind of in the spirit of what I was trying to show here. We all tend to get a bit flippant about the price difference but when you really consider it, $5000 can buy you a lot of things....or it can line the pockets of greedy dealers.

glad i paid MSRP, but those days seem to be over now thanks to Dodge announcing the end to ordering the HC for a while
That's just it though, if people show even a modicum of patience and stop being impulsive, they will start selling for MSRP. The ONLY reason they can get away with the price gouging is if people pay it. Show some restraint and the prices will come crashing down real quick.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
thats Disneyworld at its cheapest time of the year, with free upgraded meal plans and discounted airfare....we always pick the slowest/cheapest week when we go......years ago when my youngest was 6 months old they offered a deluxe meal plan for free(height of the bad economy) and we went for $3800 and got the ultimate when it comes to food....steak for lunch with appetizers and 2 drinks each....2 snacks per day....we were so stuffed we never used all out snacks and just bought 20 candybars to take home instead of wasting it..

$5k buys a lot.....its sad the dealers arent happy making $5-7k or normal profit built into msrp....i think it sad we cant buy these cars for $500-1,000 over invoice like a normal car

glad i got mine when i did

·
SRT Hellcat Owner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
622 Posts
I'm not suggesting that anyone pay more than MSRP, but I want you to consider this.
I purchased a 1 oz US gold eagle coin. It's MSRP, as listed on the coin, is $100.00. I recently sold it for 10x the MSRP. I wanted 12x, but the best offer was 10x. Am I greedy? There was a recent post from a gent that is selling his car. The dealers are low-balling him. Should the dealers be run out of town because they did not give him the KBB price? As long as buyers are willing to pay over, they will sell over MSRP. It's the free market, and I'm glad to live in a country where I can sell the fruits of my labor to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,593 Posts
That's just it though, if people show even a modicum of patience and stop being impulsive, they will start selling for MSRP. The ONLY reason they can get away with the price gouging is if people pay it. Show some restraint and the prices will come crashing down real quick.
My thoughts exactly, as long as 20+ guys call on every car that's in transit or has hit the lot as an unsold order they will continue to gouge. Once the fervor stops, prices will drop back to MSRP & dealers will start calling everyone who showed even the slightest interest in the past.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,257 Posts

i tried to find a car for whoever that young girl was a week or so ago who was willing to pay a bit of ADM to get her car now.(didnt she survive some disease or accident or something)....got a call tonight....dealer offered $10k adm just to order one....i told her she was immoral for her offer....she had no response
Haven't heard much regarding progress with her search. Hope it is going well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts

Total - $5000
Or....
2 10x20 rims - $800
2 M/T Drag radials- $$800
1 Simpson Super Bandit Helmet- $500
1 Your choice aluminum driveshaft- $900
1 Fire suit- $500
1 Tuning w/new ECM- $1500
Total $5000

Reactions: 630 and X-Men Fiend

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not suggesting that anyone pay more than MSRP, but I want you to consider this.
I purchased a 1 oz US gold eagle coin. It's MSRP, as listed on the coin, is $100.00. I recently sold it for 10x the MSRP. I wanted 12x, but the best offer was 10x. Am I greedy? There was a recent post from a gent that is selling his car. The dealers are low-balling him. Should the dealers be run out of town because they did not give him the KBB price? As long as buyers are willing to pay over, they will sell over MSRP. It's the free market, and I'm glad to live in a country where I can sell the fruits of my labor to the highest bidder.
That's seriously an apples and oranges comparison but regardless no one is running anyone out of town. All I and others are doing is bringing to light just how much a person can get for $5000.

This kind of reminds me of the whole free speech thing. People have the right to say whatever the hell they want but they tend to forget that everyone else has the right to shun them for it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts

Total - $5000
Cool But I got this!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Blue

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,195 Posts
It all depends on what a person's wishes and priorities are ... personal choices. Some people would rather have the car, others would rather have all of the other doo-dads.

April

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I already have all that. LOL;) What I needed was a Hellcat.:)
Obviously you wouldn't spend the $5k on things you already have, those are just examples and people should adjust accordingly. Granted I'm taking your post at face value and hoping you're not just in here trying to brag about overpaying for a car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Obviously you wouldn't spend the $5k on things you already have, those are just examples and people should adjust accordingly. Granted I'm taking your post at face value and hoping you're not just in here trying to brag about overpaying for a car.
You don't need to tell people what they can have for 5k, were all adults here I'm sure your just trying to stir up trouble. What people pay they pay. Go do something else with your time.

·
SRT Hellcat Owner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
622 Posts
That's seriously an apples and oranges comparison but regardless no one is running anyone out of town. All I and others are doing is bringing to light just how much a person can get for $5000.

This kind of reminds me of the whole free speech thing. People have the right to say whatever the hell they want but they tend to forget that everyone else has the right to shun them for it.
True, true. I've spent a lifetime defending the rights of others. Even when their venom is pointed at me. I'm sorry it wasn't the best comparison. I hate the fact that the dealers are getting the ADMs, but I dont hate them for asking. I just move on until I get the price I can live with. Respectfully, -3

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You don't need to tell people what they can have for 5k, were all adults here I'm sure your just trying to stir up trouble. What people pay they pay. Go do something else with your time.
There was no trouble until you came in here. How about you worry about yourself and I'll worry about me. You know what's in this thread, if you don't like it stop coming in here and posting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
True, true. I've spent a lifetime defending the rights of others. Even when their venom is pointed at me. I'm sorry it wasn't the best comparison. I hate the fact that the dealers are getting the ADMs, but I dont hate them for asking. I just move on until I get the price I can live with. Respectfully, -3
Understood, I think we're on the same page here. I'm just hoping people will practice some impulse control because if they do the prices will start dropping. Well either that or the FCA steps up and does something about it but I think we both know those odds. haha

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.