SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has an allocation for a challenger and we ordered one today. I'm not seeing the 5N9 code on the build sheet. I was working with another dealer and the 5N9 guaranteed schedule was on that sheet. Do I need to worry about this? Also, where does my name need to be to get it printed on the window sticker? Thanks!

·
BMF
4,782 Posts
If your dealership says all is good then your good to go.
Congratulations on your JB

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,347 Posts
The name will be what is printed on your POC on the window sticker.

as far as 5n9 that or a build month should show up with an allocation. I can’t be certain when it shows up it maybe at BX status? I’d ask for an updated POC in a week and check again.

maybe they placed the order and didn’t apply your allocation yet.
My dealer placed an order for a JB and said “it’s all good” and I waited 4 months for an allocation. It just sat at BX until an allocation was applied then 5n9 showed up with a build month.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, that's interesting and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want it sitting there. The sales person was getting irritated at me for pushing for that.

Next question, how do I go about checking the status online?

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,332 Posts
Okay, that's interesting and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want it sitting there. The sales person was getting irritated at me for pushing for that.

Next question, how do I go about checking the status online?
The dealership will have the up-to-date status. The online reporting system gives very little info and Stellantis has prohibited the Dodge customer service team from giving you any real actionable information. In short, the dealership is your only real source point for accurate information. If you're like me and found yourself dealing with a POS dealership that wasted my time, I spent 5.5 months trying to figure out why my build was doing nothing before I just got fed up and canceled it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealer has an allocation for a challenger and we ordered one today. I'm not seeing the 5N9 code on the build sheet. I was working with another dealer and the 5N9 guaranteed schedule was on that sheet. Do I need to worry about this? Also, where does my name need to be to get it printed on the window sticker? Thanks!
I placed my order yesterday and no 5n9 code showing on my POC.
Per the sales manager that code will appear via BX status and per Dodge website that dealership has an allocation for this month.

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak
615 Posts
I placed my order yesterday and no 5n9 code showing on my POC.
Per the sales manager that code will appear via BX status and per Dodge website that dealership has an allocation for this month.
It could be that they already had other jailbreak orders and the allocation may have already been used up

·
Registered
49 Posts
It could be that they already had other jailbreak orders and the allocation may have already been used up
Interesting...So the 5N9 code was generated on your POC the same day.?
Because my POC has status BA-pending order and the next step is BX... I thought ...most likely I will get an updated POC (hopefully the 5N9 will show up)

·
Registered
114 Posts

You should have a 5N9 or build month as soon as you place order, otherwise no allocation. You should also get VON immediately. I would be talking to sales manager or GM.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting...So the 5N9 code was generated on your POC the same day.?
Because my POC has status BA-pending order and the next step is BX... I thought ...most likely I will get an updated POC (hopefully the 5N9 will show up)

5n9 should show same day order is placed, otherwise no allocation. That is what I was told directly by Dodge and POC reflected 5n9 same day i placed my order

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And the 5N9 code is on the POC? I have a VON but thats it. No 5N9 and the POC says BA status. I know the dealer has an allocation so that's not my worry. My worry is that they did this right and it won't sit for months doing nothing. They say they did it right, but that doesn't mean they did.

·
Registered
114 Posts
And the 5N9 code is on the POC? I have a VON but thats it. No 5N9 and the POC says BA status. I know the dealer has an allocation so that's not my worry. My worry is that they did this right and it won't sit for months doing nothing. They say they did it right, but that doesn't mean they did.

Yes 5n9 should be on the poc immediately. They may have got an allocation this last go round, BUT if they put orders in before yours before allocation list, the allocation would have went to first order in.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Hell with that bozo.
Tell him that YOU are spending close to 100K for a car and YOU are the one getting irritated because it is a common scam practice of dealers to lie right to your face about having an allocation when they do not actually have one, or have already allocated it to another order, or are hoping the allocation fairy will send them one in a month.

State it simply: "If you don't want to give me a POC with the correct coding on it that confirms my allocation right now, then give me my down payment back, right now and I'm out the door."

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do not waste any more of your time at this point in the model year. Find another dealer with a real allocatable allocation.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
Mine did not have the 5N9 code when I initially placed my order but I received a vin within a few days and It was built and delivered in just over 9 weeks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
5n9 should show same day order is placed, otherwise no allocation. That is what I was told directly by Dodge and POC reflected 5n9 same day i placed my order
This process is exhausting. The dealership has an allocation per the website and Sales manager told me I am the first on their list, however I do have the VON.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts