SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Different kind of like/love....over all yes I like it better. I love the seating position and the firm but not to firm ride...When you get over the dated dash and realize that you are buying the drive train, transmission and rear end. you fall in love. No way am I trade this for a M3 this thing handles good enough for what I want it to do. I'm not taking this to the track. I spent 4 hours today designing the new Jailbreak logo for the side I could not find the special one off font so I took 6 different fonts from various fonts and created this! I love it and have had several comments on it tonight.
I’m in Dallas area as well.
I think I saw your JB the day that came in but I might be wrong.
Did you order your JB from Plano dealer? If yes! Would you please share the timeline?
I have one of my order in with them as well and so far sitting in D status.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes I ordered my JB on 1-15-22 it was delivered on 7-29-22 and I picked it up the same day. I bought through Huffines in Plano and Bill Bolding was/is my salesman As far as when I went in to what ever status/s "D", etc, I do not know. I did not follow the build.
Congrats!
I would assume you were the first one on the JB list.
based off of your answer I have a long way to go aka waiting time because I have ordered mine via Huffines in Plano as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
5N9 or a build month listed on the POC signifies that your order was placed against an allocation. I see your order status is blank; what status are you currently in? If your in BX for more than 2 weeks I'd get worried.

The allocations for a JB are limited; trust me I lived it.......
That's exactly why I am confused.
I placed my JB order on 08/02 (VON issued) and the next day (08/03) the VIN was assigned, however the 5N9 was not added to my updated POC on 08/06.
Very very odd.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you have a VIN, and are in D, I've always seen anyone with a JB have the 5N9 and/or build month listed. I haven't seen a POC like yours in D status with just the 5N6 easy order.

That being said, if Dodge issued you a VIN that is a very good sign. The only issue you're going to have is being the last month or so of builds if they can get it built(or not).......

Fingers crossed for you bud.
Thank you Pal-
Here is the tricky part. I called the SRT Customer care and they told me that my order's sitting in D1.//I didnt buy it// so I called the the dealer and per sales manager, no update and still in D.
this process is very subjective.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My experience ordering a 22 Challenger Jailbreak.

7/8/22 - Placed order with Dodge Power Broker who was on the allocation list and confirmed they had an open allocation for my order.

8/14/22 - Cancelled order. Dealer kept giving me excuses as to why my order was not assigned a vin yet. Also, only 5N6 code on POC. Order was going nowhere. I believe they found someone willing to pay a big ADM and gave them their open allocation and put my order on the back burner.

8/15/22 - Placed 2nd order with new non Power Broker dealer who was listed as having an allocation. New POC had 5N6 code like my first order.

8/25/22 - Cancelled 2nd order because dealer could not provide vin and was now saying I was "1st on their list".

8/26/22 - I was going to give up on ordering a 22 Jailbreak and try for a 23. But, I ended up calling a few more dealers on the allocation list and found one 3 hours away with an open Challenger allocation and without a big ADM. Drove there this morning and placed my order. They called Dodge rep to confirm allocation and that order would be accepted. Rep confirmed all was good and my order was placed. No vin yet but POC has 5N9 code. I believe this time my order is actually going to get processed. Fingers crossed. I really do not want to deal with a higher MY23 MSRP and ADM's. I'm in California were dealers want between $10k and $50k ADM on Jailbreaks. No way I am paying that. I'm not rich.

By the way, I used the $1000 coupon from Dodge. Coupon expires on 9/7/22. I wonder if that's when the remaining order banks close. We have to be getting close to the end of 22 Jailbreak orders.

Hoping to have a vin early next week and will post an update.
Do you have at least have the Von?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’ve been saying this from day 1,allocation no allocation 5n code no 5n code. None of it matters everyone has a different experience. Honestly it’s LUCK! I have tons of original POC’s printed from same day of ordering for Hellcats over the years. None had the code.
Everyone definitely has a different experience... I ordered my JB on 8/2 based off of allocation listed via website. on 8/5 the vin was assigned. Still no 5N9 code. Interesting…

·
Registered
218 Posts
why would I be attacked for telling the truth of the situation? Lol. I’m not trying to be an ass I’m just saying a dealer can’t just place an order without an allocation and expect it to be picked up like a regular hellcat. The dealers that lie and tel people to keep waiting are the problem; this is exactly why dodge is now listing all tje allocations on their website now.

for 2023 all models will be allocated as well(not just the JB in 2022). No more dealers just placing orders. Each dealer will be allocated what they can order and how many for the entire year. October supposed to release all the allocations I have read.

View attachment 602070
Do you think Dodge/SRT will link the dealer/ordering data via the website as well? In terms of accuracy If that data is not updated or published in real time. We will still be dealing with allocation issue and dealer lies.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Even with an allocation it doesn't seem like a sure thing. Ordered on 7/20 from a power broker dealer with an allocation. I got #3 of their 4 jailbreak allocations. 5N9 code on POC, still no VIN and order was in C status and just went backwards in the last few days and is now BG status... not real optimistic at the moment

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I paid a visit to my dealer yesterday and demanded to see their data. What I saw was shocking LOL. Their system shows that they have only 1 allocation for JB challenger and so far 4 orders were pending and sitting in BG/BX, only one order was in process and in D1 status. On the other hand they have 3 allocations for JB Charger and 6 orders in. Funny enough only 2 were in D status and no 5N9 available… all I can say is… “interesting”

·
Registered
218 Posts
I could very well be mistaken, for some reason I had daily in my head... weekly makes sense though as it seems they have been updating the site on Fridays recently.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I wish the website could be accurate as the dealer system… Their system immediately tells you that 3 colors are discontinued and only NB hellcat/RE are available to order. That was pretty cool.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi SRT 2021,

Yes. I had the 5N9 code on POC, at the time of commitment.

With the help of this forum and Nor*Cal, I was able to make sure my latest order, was a truly allocated order. I had previously submitted an order at another dealership for a JB with no 5N9 code, and it sat in purgatory. I cancelled that order once I realized it wasn’t going anywhere.

At the new dealership, I had a VON really quickly after I confirmed they had a Challenger JB allocation and committed. The VIN came in after a few days, but yes I had the 5N9 code on my POC right from the start.

Thanks,
-andyoudontstop
I asked that question because my JB falls into a different bucket LOL … so far I’m the only one with VIN and still no 5N9… very odd and interesting…

1 - 20 of 36 Posts