SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
Smoke Show Challenger Jailbreak
624 Posts
Just got back from my dealer to check on my status and I’m still in D status. However, he did tell me that he just had one JB in KZ status. Based on the options the order had, I can confirm it is a JB

·
Registered
624 Posts
One of the guys from that Facebook group said these were the vins built today. Not sure if this helps anyone.
He said they were all JB models.

Today's jailbreaks with models
102802 Challenger
112397 Challenger
116935 Challenger
121426 Challenger
121427 Challenger
121428 Challenger
121429 Challenger
121430 Challenger
121431 Challenger
121434 Challenger
121440 Challenger
121847 Charger
121952 Challenger
121954 Challenger
121955 Challenger
121961 Challenger
121964 Challenger
121966 Challenger
121969 Challenger
121974 Challenger
122069 Charger
122072 Charger
122079 Charger
If you get a chance could you ask what is up with regular hellcats, more specifically the color smokeshow. I’ve been waiting for a build/ship date on mine since 12/12/21.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Idk what the hell is going on with my order. My challenger HCWB was back in C status as of yesterday. Really annoying because I ordered in December. So, I said **** it and asked the guy that has been helping me to just go ahead and place a JB order for me. Well see what happens. This POC did have the code guaranteed schedules for whatever that is worth, which my first order didn’t have. I guess I’ll just see what happens in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just checked in with my dealer and my JB order has a vin and currently in D status with a “March production” code! This order is already showing more progress than my HCWB order from December.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Decided to order a 2023 SS as soon as the banks open. Keeping my JB order open as well. It’s not an allocated order so I’m not counting on it. Not sure what I’d do if tje JB comes in. Cancel SS or flip the JB or what? Anyway that’s my latest status in this saga.
Damn man. That is a shit position to be in. I just got an email from dodge saying they have received my order for the jailbreak and have everything they need for now. However this email did not have the vin (order has a vin as of 3/25) as the last email did for my December order. It’s encouraging but we’ll see how it goes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
This challenger Jailbreak showed up at dealer and they only want a $50,000 ADM...LOL

"The markup ain't too bad on this one...ya feel me?" I do, brother. I do. But my wallet doesn't.
At the top of the Monroney on the right side it says, "This vehicle was built especially for FIFTHWAVE." Anyone know what that means?
Dealer probably figured out a way to order one for itself? He looks like a sleazy salesmen. “Fifth wave” makes no sense to me. If it is indeed a person’s order, they just ripped their window sticker and got in and out of of the car like it is their car. SMH

other than the car, this video is annoying

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ugh, I’m sorry to hear that, Xy. I’d say “don’t do it,” but I know my words wouldn’t ring true enough to stop you. Since you’re in D status, I’d almost guarantee that you’ll have a car by July… almost. The delays are so sporadic and - in some cases - so inexplicable, that I don’t think anyone can paint accurate timetables for orders anymore. I would remind you, though, that you can order that LC next month after your self-set deadline for a status change. Lexus will take your money in May.
I’d have to agree. I would wait until you know for a fact that you cannot get your JB. You can always order an LC500 (for now), but you know for a fact that the HCs are done after next year. If you were in BG status I’d say it’s a different story, but since you’re in D status, I’d say wait it out. Last thing you’d want is that you order the LC500, take delivery and then dodge tells you your car is being sent down the line. Hang in there.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have a JB on order - finally got a VIN, so it's going to happen! I assumed it would, as it was the win from the Dodge 25//8 sweepstakes, but you never know - especially after reading all the posts on this board. My dealer hasn't called me back, so I haven't seen POC or anything. Also, I don't know the status or delivery date. Looking at the Facebook group who checks builds by the last 6 digits of the vin, they are currently doing 135xxx numbers - mine is a 155xxx - maybe not too long!
What is the link or the name of this JB group on FB?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Question...Anyone Order a Jailbreak, and currently have another Hellcat and plan on keeping both. I am curious as to what the thought process is with the new Jailbreaks. I also realize that for the most part, you can't really order a Redeye with any options unless it's a Jailbreak.
Seems dodge made this jailbreak model to make it 100% customizable to every customer. Plus you get an extra 10hp 😏

·
Registered
624 Posts
OK, so, my fiasco continues. Got word yesterday from Dodge chat that my status code changed yesterday. I was thinking, OOH! Maybe it's actually getting built!

Heh, wrong-o.

It went from D back to BG. (n) The dealership said that's a good thing though, because it means they're actively working on it and it'll get built soon. I replied, "Dude, it is going BACKWARDS." smdh
Sheesh dude….what a nightmare. Did you have a vin while in D status?

·
Registered
624 Posts
@Xylander it definitely sounds like these guys were jerking you around for months?TBH, I found it strange that you were in “D Status” with no vin but I just assumed it was some crazy times. And your order being confirmed in BG status, it seems impossible that it ever made it D.
I would say you give that dealer the middle finger and try ordering one anywhere else. It’s not going on be an easy process finding a dealer but I think you should not give up on a jailbreak. It’s not Dodge’s fault. It’s that dealership.
where in the US are you?

1 - 20 of 171 Posts