SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since these are new and seem to be a lot longer to get a VIN thought a separate JB thread would be warranted. If no one agrees I guess this will die and I tried. :cry:

Mine was ordered 1/10. Dealer says order accepted and no VIN yet. Dealer is checking every other day for me.

Anyone get a VIN yet? If so, when did you order?

who’s going to post the first picture of the first real jailbreak ever delivered? 😃

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do like that look!!! I was wondering if I should go gunmetal or carbon stripes on my order. Didn’t matter. Wasn’t an option as JBs weren’t available when I ordered in November. I’ll have to have the stripes added later🙄. Still torn between gunmetal or carbon though🤔
I had the same problem but after looking at pictures and videos went gun metal. Also the carbon has a texture. That’s personnel preference as well. They both look good. I just thought the gun metal popped more, matched my wheels, and was a flat color without texture.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just received a call from my dealer where I purchased my 2021 Challenger. He asked if I was interested in a Jailbreak ? He has 4 allocations and told me that only 300 will be produced in the first quarter.
So far, everything he told me last year with my car was spot on.
At this point, I am not interested because I already ordered and got the exact car I wanted ! View attachment 587460
thanks for that info. Seems like good news to me if the dealer is calling to give them away (meaning there is no line out their door for the JB orders).

BTW nice car. Are those warp speed in granite? That’s what I ordered on mine.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I spoke on this topic here a while back. Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what I said:
The JB is not a serialized limited edition. It will however become a limited production vehicle by the sole fact that they won't make many of them. They are taking orders but are only going to produce them in several large batches with extremely low allocations. Given their nature, they are all potentially different and they can't be ripple fired en masse as most of them will require some form of upfitting. For the factory's Just in Time (JIT) logistics chain to accommodate the JB, they are going to have to wait until they can get a number of orders backed up so they don't have to order 1 set of red badges, 41 sets of black badges, 2 copper weave carbon fiber trim kits, 102 carbon stripe kits, and so on. They'll want several hundred JBs for a batch so they can bulk order the specialized pieces and have them on hand so they can get the cars built and out of the way. This is why the allocations are kept low, because of their wide options assortment, they can't produce them in a quick fashion one at a time without running into part stock overruns (which takes up space in inventory). Given the high cost, the orders aren't going to come in on the order of 1,000 per week. They'll trickle in over the model year. Those orders will be batched so that their JIT processing can be used to compile parts orders for each planned batch of cars over the duration of the production cycle.

This is why they won't make many of them. I don't know what that number is, but it'll be fairly small (likely 3,000 or less...perhaps much less). I also stated that any shipping estimates provided by the dealer are likely to be wholly inaccurate. I was quoted an early March delivery date, but I told the dealer at the time that I'd be surprised if I saw it before May. I'd also not be surprised if certain options on builds were lumped together. For example, on some of the more rare options (like the suede roof liner, certain less popular badge colors, like red or certain interior trim types), Dodge may want to produce cars with these rare options together. Someone could have posted an order in December, and not make the first or even second block of allocations and instead, make the third where they decided to build all of copper weave carbon fiber cars together. Thus, some people could get delayed, while someone who ordered that option 2 weeks before could go D1 very quickly.

Of course I'm speculating here, but it all depends on how deep their JIT process runs. I don't know and have no insight.
could be true. Would be interesting if the first people that get build dates can list their options to compare. Mine does have the suede and carbon fiber interior.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Quite a few will be locked in a garage.
The allocation for the first quarter may not mean a thing. Just what they know they can produce at first.
they didn’t even start production until the 1st quarter is almost done. I would expect the alllocations for the later quarters will increase by a lot.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Just got word from my dealership... They said... "We just got word that our allocation was for a challenger versus a charger.... do you want to cancel or order a challenger?" If I wanted a challenger, I would have ordered one.

I'm done. Order cancelled...

That really sucks. How long from when you ordered did they tell you this? This whole JB thing is really frustrating.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Jake at Cummins can probably get a charger JB. I did talk to him a few weeks ago and he stated he has a small wait list for his next allocations. All at MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Question.....can any small town Dodge dealer order a JB and actually eventually get it or are the JBs going to go to the much larger dealers because of low production numbers??
you have to unfortunately get on the phone and call dealers to see who has a current allocation. The dealer that ordered mine isn’t a HUGE dealer.

1 - 20 of 306 Posts