SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Granite Jailbreak ordered 7/9/22 from a California Dodge Power Broker Dealer with 1 available allocation. Much to my surprise, they said this was only the 3rd Challenger Jailbreak order they have placed. I believe this dealer is #2 in Challenger sales in CA so they are a high volume dealer.

With that said, the POC does not have the 5n9 guaranteed build code but the GM was confident that he will have a Vin for me next week and feels strongly that they will get this order fulfilled. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My dealer said he has one I hope that’s the case but I guess I will never know. If they don’t have 1 now what are the odds being this late in the game ordering a jailbreak
I'm new to all of this and do not know the odds but keep an eye on this link Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT® Jailbreak Dealer Availability

I've read that new allocations are posted around the 10th or 11th of the month and awarded to the dealers around the 15th. This page states to keep an eye out for the July allocations. If Dodge is indeed still awarding allocations in July, then one would think that they plan on fulfilling these new orders.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dodge shouldn't allow orders to get placed without allocations. Dealers are hoping they get them every month, they aren't going to turn down business. A dealer can tell you they have allocation and really do not have 1, even going off the dodge garage of dealers who have allocations you don't know if they have it or already used it. When I ordered my C8 it could only be ordered with an allocation no nonsense like this.
I completely agree with you. I ordered through a power broker dealer who's supposedly reputable and confirmed that they had an available allocation and would place my Challenger Jailbreak order for me with an ADM. I agreed and paid a small deposit to place the order. It's now been just over 3 weeks and the order has not been accepted and assigned a vin. The dealer is now saying that they are trying to "move" an existing "charger allocation" to my Challenger order and it may be another month. At this point, I have no idea if they are being truthful or if they've been BSing me this entire time. The sales guy and the sales manager both seem to be really cool guys so I want to believe they are being honest but I just don't know. And it's not like I can call Dodge to confirm what they are telling me is true.

On July 14th when the latest allocation list came out, my dealer that I ordered from was not on the list. But several other local dealers were. I was very tempted to place a 2nd order with one of the dealers on the list but decided to give my dealer the benefit of doubt and stick with my initial order. I'm now thinking that was a stupid move. I should have placed a 2nd order with a dealer that was on the list. Although, even with dealers on the list, as you stated, you don't know if you're actually going to get their allocation or if they have a previous order they are sitting on waiting for an allocation.

It's a ridiculous process with no transparency. And then you realize that there are people who ordered over 6 months ago that are also still waiting for their orders to be accepted which makes me feel like this is just a big waist of time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It definitely does not appear that you have an allocation. As I said, it seems to be more of a dealer issue. I got mine in right away when the list came out on the 14th, and got a VIN on the 19th. I don't see any fault with Dodge.
I do see fault with Dodge. They should care that a percentage of their dealers are misleading their customers into believing they are placing valid orders when in reality, its just a spot on that dealers waiting list.

Dodge should hold those dealers accountable. And maybe they do, I believe I've read on here that some people think dealerships have been punished for lying to customers. Not sure I believe that. I would think Dodge could put a stop to these unallocated orders if they wanted to. But I also think Dodge is okay with the fallout from this process because of the invaluable information they collect on potential orders.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everyone keeps saying this us Dodges fault, I do not see how that is possible unless they completely do away with dealers placing orders at all and you only go through the dodge website!
You can not physically baby sit every dealer!! This mess with orders being accepted at the dealer without an allocation is strictly on the dealers….not Dodge!
I'd venture to guess that if Dodge was bothered by this process, their IT department could find a way to block unallocated Jailbreak orders from being saved in their ordering system.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My experience ordering a 22 Challenger Jailbreak.

7/8/22 - Placed order with Dodge Power Broker who was on the allocation list and confirmed they had an open allocation for my order.

8/14/22 - Cancelled order. Dealer kept giving me excuses as to why my order was not assigned a vin yet. Also, only 5N6 code on POC. Order was going nowhere. I believe they found someone willing to pay a big ADM and gave them their open allocation and put my order on the back burner.

8/15/22 - Placed 2nd order with new non Power Broker dealer who was listed as having an allocation. New POC had 5N6 code like my first order.

8/25/22 - Cancelled 2nd order because dealer could not provide vin and was now saying I was "1st on their list".

8/26/22 - I was going to give up on ordering a 22 Jailbreak and try for a 23. But, I ended up calling a few more dealers on the allocation list and found one 3 hours away with an open Challenger allocation and without a big ADM. Drove there this morning and placed my order. They called Dodge rep to confirm allocation and that order would be accepted. Rep confirmed all was good and my order was placed. No vin yet but POC has 5N9 code. I believe this time my order is actually going to get processed. Fingers crossed. I really do not want to deal with a higher MY23 MSRP and ADM's. I'm in California were dealers want between $10k and $50k ADM on Jailbreaks. No way I am paying that. I'm not rich.

By the way, I used the $1000 coupon from Dodge. Coupon expires on 9/7/22. I wonder if that's when the remaining order banks close. We have to be getting close to the end of 22 Jailbreak orders.

Hoping to have a vin early next week and will post an update.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you have at least have the Von?
All my orders had an instant Von. I figured that was automatic. But only this 3rd order has the 5N9 code. My first 2 orders never showed up on the online order tracker. The 3rd order I have not checked yet since it was just placed today.

I’ve been saying this from day 1,allocation no allocation 5n code no 5n code. None of it matters everyone has a different experience. Honestly it’s LUCK! I have tons of original POC’s printed from same day of ordering for Hellcats over the years. None had the code.
Luck does seem to have a lot to do with it. Especially luck in finding a good dealer.

But I think you're wrong on the allocations for Jailbreaks. Dealers without an allocation are not able to order them. I just experienced that myself. As for the 5N9 code, I did read posts in this thread of people saying they did not have that code and still got their orders processed. But the majority of posts seem to imply that a Vin and 5N9 code all but guarantees your build. I'm obviously hoping that's true since I finally have that code.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Even with an allocation it doesn't seem like a sure thing. Ordered on 7/20 from a power broker dealer with an allocation. I got #3 of their 4 jailbreak allocations. 5N9 code on POC, still no VIN and order was in C status and just went backwards in the last few days and is now BG status... not real optimistic at the moment
I'm guessing its a parts issue. Hope it gets resolved. Best of luck with your order.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update on my Challenger Jailbreak order.

8/26/22 - Ordered from dealer with confirmed open allocation. Initial POC has VON and the 5N9 code.
8/29/22 - Order processed and VIN assigned according to online Dodge tracker.
9/6/22 - Received updated POC and it shows order status changed to D (Firm Schedule) and 5N9 code changed to 5TB (August Production). Online order tracker has not updated and only shows order as processed.

It took 3 tries but it looks like I might actually get my Jailbreak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey All,

I talked to my dealer and with my deposit down on a 2023 JB I’m pretty close to MSRP…everything I’m seeing is I should be happy with that?

thanks
The MSRP for the 2023 Jailbreaks has not been announced. Either have the 2023 Jailbreak allocations which will be required to place an order.

Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts