SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same here, my dealership still doesn’t have a allocation yet tho
I am glad my dealer did not place orders without allocation and did no wait list. I saw Dodge gave them an allocation on the 14th. Called and surprised them with the info.. ordered same day, got VIN yesterday. Now waiting for build to be scheduled.

·
Registered
207 Posts
How does one know if the dealership actually has an allocation? I was told mine did when I placed my order on 4/24, but since I still don't have a vin, I really think something is up. I'm willing to put down another deposit at another dealership, but out of the 20+ I called from the allocation list published 10 days ago, none had any available (I called the day the list was published). I feel like I just have to trust the dealership, and I know that's never a good thing to have to do.

Most dealerships were pushing orders in without an allocation as a wait list. So when the new allocations came out, they automatically went to that. I was lucky in that my dealer refused to do orders without an allocation and I got the order in within an hour of the list being released.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can anyone confirm that there will be more allocations in August. I have two orders out, one of which i will be canceling soon and the other im holding onto being i was told im next in line. Wondering if i need to make anymore calls to other dealerships soon. Today is two weeks since i placed the order through a powerbroker with allocations that went to others before me.

My dealer said the July allocations were the last ones..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can anyone confirm that there will be more allocations in August. I have two orders out, one of which i will be canceling soon and the other im holding onto being i was told im next in line. Wondering if i need to make anymore calls to other dealerships soon. Today is two weeks since i placed the order through a powerbroker with allocations that went to others before me.

Unfortunately a lot of dealers put in orders without allocations, as a wait list, hoping they would get more allocations. I got lucky, my dealer refused to do iy that way, and as soon as the allocation list came out, I went and built it and got it in on the 15th. Got VIN on 7/19, now waiting to be scheduled for build.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah that’s a huge problem for people trying to order now. A dealer may have 5 unallocated orders placed and as soon as they get one they apply it to there oldest unallocated order. So even if new allocations are released they get eaten up immediately.
Exactly. I know my order is good, and i got VIN, and its only been a week, but I'm anxious...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Am I reading this wrong? If an order I'd made by a dealer with an allocation, the order is prioritized? How long til a VIN is assigned and the car is built?

Correct. If there is an allocation it gets priority. I placed my order with an allocation on 7/15/22, had the VON (order number) same day. Got the VIN 7/19 and waiting for it to be scheduled.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Correct. If there is an allocation it gets priority. I placed my order with an allocation on 7/15/22, had the VON (order number) same day. Got the VIN 7/19 and waiting for it to be scheduled.

Not to be an ass, but the comment from Brett, is somewhat misleading. They are placing orders without an allocation, knowing it may not get built, but blaming it on Dodge.. the reality is, the dealet knows that if there is no allocation, the car, likely won't get built.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You're not being that at all! I know there are alot of dealers that take orders and hope for allocation, we at Dan Cummins do not do that, the only time I will take/place an order here is if I know it will be built.

Brett, thank you, and my apologies. When I first read your statement, it appeared that you were saying you put the orders in regardless of the allocation, which a lot of dealers do unfortunately. Again, my apologies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went through a ton of posts so I'm sorry if I missed the answer. How do I know if a dealer has an allocation or not?
By now you have better odds of winning the mega millions. You will need to get the list from the Dodge website and call around....
well guys, wild story to tell. car has been in shipping yard with no movement. called srt many times with same old story. finally found out from martin at dan cummins that it was in penske lot in michigan. he was able to put a hot tag on it. that was yesterday morning.
couple hours later, i get a call back from martin saying car was at the dealership. glad i was sitting down.
i asked him if they flew it in by helicopter. checked dodge tracker this morning and shows car still has no eta to be shipped to dealer. can’t speak for anyone else but tracker has been a joke for me. so glad it’s finally here and thanks to martin at dan cummins for being on top of things. dealer pics to follow.
Congrats!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I swear I love dodge but I never heard of a company excepting an order to build a car and you wait for months not knowing if it will get canceled. Such a ridiculous process, I have to sit here and wait like an a**hole praying it gets built when they may come back and say. Nope sorry

Thats more your dealer than Dodge. If your dealer didn't place orders without an allocation there would not be the risk of cancelation.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dodge shouldn't allow orders to get placed without allocations. Dealers are hoping they get them every month, they aren't going to turn down business. A dealer can tell you they have allocation and really do not have 1, even going off the dodge garage of dealers who have allocations you don't know if they have it or already used it. When I ordered my C8 it could only be ordered with an allocation no nonsense like this.

Its really not nonsense. Maybe try a reputable dealer. My dealer would not take an order as they had no allocations. On July 14 they got one allocation and I was able to get it on a first come first served bases.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you mean you ordered on the 15th? You are 1 lucky guy
I guess I am.. the dealer I worked with would not put an order in without an allocation. On July 12 I decided to settle for a Redeye and placed the order. When the list came out July 14, I called my dealer who was surprised to learn they got an allocation. Went in same day, they officially placed order July 15. I got VIN July 19, and scheculed for production today.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I completely agree with you. I ordered through a power broker dealer who's supposedly reputable and confirmed that they had an available allocation and would place my Challenger Jailbreak order for me with an ADM. I agreed and paid a small deposit to place the order. It's now been just over 3 weeks and the order has not been accepted and assigned a vin. The dealer is now saying that they are trying to "move" an existing "charger allocation" to my Challenger order and it may be another month. At this point, I have no idea if they are being truthful or if they've been BSing me this entire time. The sales guy and the sales manager both seem to be really cool guys so I want to believe they are being honest but I just don't know. And it's not like I can call Dodge to confirm what they are telling me is true.

On July 14th when the latest allocation list came out, my dealer that I ordered from was not on the list. But several other local dealers were. I was very tempted to place a 2nd order with one of the dealers on the list but decided to give my dealer the benefit of doubt and stick with my initial order. I'm now thinking that was a stupid move. I should have placed a 2nd order with a dealer that was on the list. Although, even with dealers on the list, as you stated, you don't know if you're actually going to get their allocation or if they have a previous order they are sitting on waiting for an allocation.

It's a ridiculous process with no transparency. And then you realize that there are people who ordered over 6 months ago that are also still waiting for their orders to be accepted which makes me feel like this is just a big waist of time.
It definitely does not appear that you have an allocation. As I said, it seems to be more of a dealer issue. I got mine in right away when the list came out on the 14th, and got a VIN on the 19th. I don't see any fault with Dodge.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts