SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2201 - 2220 of 2618 Posts

·
Registered
Check about for my collection
102 Posts
Thats more your dealer than Dodge. If your dealer didn't place orders without an allocation there would not be the risk of cancelation.
Dodge shouldn't allow orders to get placed without allocations. Dealers are hoping they get them every month, they aren't going to turn down business. A dealer can tell you they have allocation and really do not have 1, even going off the dodge garage of dealers who have allocations you don't know if they have it or already used it. When I ordered my C8 it could only be ordered with an allocation no nonsense like this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dodge shouldn't allow orders to get placed without allocations. Dealers are hoping they get them every month, they aren't going to turn down business. A dealer can tell you they have allocation and really do not have 1, even going off the dodge garage of dealers who have allocations you don't know if they have it or already used it. When I ordered my C8 it could only be ordered with an allocation no nonsense like this.

Its really not nonsense. Maybe try a reputable dealer. My dealer would not take an order as they had no allocations. On July 14 they got one allocation and I was able to get it on a first come first served bases.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Its really not nonsense. Maybe try a reputable dealer. My dealer would not take an order as they had no allocations. On July 14 they got one allocation and I was able to get it on a first come first served bases.
you have proof you have an allocation? Because I have 3 power brokers tell me otherwise Including Dan Cummins Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM of Paris

·
Registered
213 Posts
you mean you ordered on the 15th? You are 1 lucky guy
I guess I am.. the dealer I worked with would not put an order in without an allocation. On July 12 I decided to settle for a Redeye and placed the order. When the list came out July 14, I called my dealer who was surprised to learn they got an allocation. Went in same day, they officially placed order July 15. I got VIN July 19, and scheculed for production today.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess I am.. the dealer I worked with would not put an order in without an allocation. On July 12 I decided to settle for a Redeye and placed the order. When the list came out July 14, I called my dealer who was surprised to learn they got an allocation. Went in same day, they officially placed order July 15. I got VIN July 19, and scheculed for production today.
you ordered a nonjailbreak?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I completely agree with you. I ordered through a power broker dealer who's supposedly reputable and confirmed that they had an available allocation and would place my Challenger Jailbreak order for me with an ADM. I agreed and paid a small deposit to place the order. It's now been just over 3 weeks and the order has not been accepted and assigned a vin. The dealer is now saying that they are trying to "move" an existing "charger allocation" to my Challenger order and it may be another month. At this point, I have no idea if they are being truthful or if they've been BSing me this entire time. The sales guy and the sales manager both seem to be really cool guys so I want to believe they are being honest but I just don't know. And it's not like I can call Dodge to confirm what they are telling me is true.

On July 14th when the latest allocation list came out, my dealer that I ordered from was not on the list. But several other local dealers were. I was very tempted to place a 2nd order with one of the dealers on the list but decided to give my dealer the benefit of doubt and stick with my initial order. I'm now thinking that was a stupid move. I should have placed a 2nd order with a dealer that was on the list. Although, even with dealers on the list, as you stated, you don't know if you're actually going to get their allocation or if they have a previous order they are sitting on waiting for an allocation.

It's a ridiculous process with no transparency. And then you realize that there are people who ordered over 6 months ago that are also still waiting for their orders to be accepted which makes me feel like this is just a big waist of time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I completely agree with you. I ordered through a power broker dealer who's supposedly reputable and confirmed that they had an available allocation and would place my Challenger Jailbreak order for me with an ADM. I agreed and paid a small deposit to place the order. It's now been just over 3 weeks and the order has not been accepted and assigned a vin. The dealer is now saying that they are trying to "move" an existing "charger allocation" to my Challenger order and it may be another month. At this point, I have no idea if they are being truthful or if they've been BSing me this entire time. The sales guy and the sales manager both seem to be really cool guys so I want to believe they are being honest but I just don't know. And it's not like I can call Dodge to confirm what they are telling me is true.

On July 14th when the latest allocation list came out, my dealer that I ordered from was not on the list. But several other local dealers were. I was very tempted to place a 2nd order with one of the dealers on the list but decided to give my dealer the benefit of doubt and stick with my initial order. I'm now thinking that was a stupid move. I should have placed a 2nd order with a dealer that was on the list. Although, even with dealers on the list, as you stated, you don't know if you're actually going to get their allocation or if they have a previous order they are sitting on waiting for an allocation.

It's a ridiculous process with no transparency. And then you realize that there are people who ordered over 6 months ago that are also still waiting for their orders to be accepted which makes me feel like this is just a big waist of time.
It definitely does not appear that you have an allocation. As I said, it seems to be more of a dealer issue. I got mine in right away when the list came out on the 14th, and got a VIN on the 19th. I don't see any fault with Dodge.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Since these are new and seem to be a lot longer to get a VIN thought a separate JB thread would be warranted. If no one agrees I guess this will die and I tried. :cry:

Mine was ordered 1/10. Dealer says order accepted and no VIN yet. Dealer is checking every other day for me.

Anyone get a VIN yet? If so, when did you order?

who’s going to post the first picture of the first real jailbreak ever delivered? 😃
Dude so you don’t even have a car yet or?

·
Registered
76 Posts
It definitely does not appear that you have an allocation. As I said, it seems to be more of a dealer issue. I got mine in right away when the list came out on the 14th, and got a VIN on the 19th. I don't see any fault with Dodge.
I do see fault with Dodge. They should care that a percentage of their dealers are misleading their customers into believing they are placing valid orders when in reality, its just a spot on that dealers waiting list.

Dodge should hold those dealers accountable. And maybe they do, I believe I've read on here that some people think dealerships have been punished for lying to customers. Not sure I believe that. I would think Dodge could put a stop to these unallocated orders if they wanted to. But I also think Dodge is okay with the fallout from this process because of the invaluable information they collect on potential orders.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you see no fault with Dodge? They allow bullshit orders to come though with no allocation. If I was a dealer I’d do the same thing. Dodge is the only way to control that. Y would I turn a customer away when you have a slight possibility of a potential sale.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea you got lucky I ordered before you and I’m just waiting. If you were in our situation you’d feel the same way.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
Everyone keeps saying this us Dodges fault, I do not see how that is possible unless they completely do away with dealers placing orders at all and you only go through the dodge website!
You can not physically baby sit every dealer!! This mess with orders being accepted at the dealer without an allocation is strictly on the dealers….not Dodge!
It’s mentioned that orders are being accepted by dodge without the dealer having an allocation? That’s where the problem is, dodge is NOT accepting the orders!! The dealer is the one s crowing the order and waiting for an allocation for dodge to accept it from them. This is not that hard to figure out.
Shitty dealer tactics and they’re the ones hoping for new allocations or try to sell you something else.

Oh and by the way Chevy and Ford have dealer issues to and as far as I know none of them punish these crappy dealers!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Everyone keeps saying this us Dodges fault, I do not see how that is possible unless they completely do away with dealers placing orders at all and you only go through the dodge website!
You can not physically baby sit every dealer!! This mess with orders being accepted at the dealer without an allocation is strictly on the dealers….not Dodge!
Haha have u ever ordered a car before? It’s simple you have allocation you allowed to place an order. If you don’t have an allocation then the dealer is denied from ordering. Chevy does it ordered a c8 no issues. Am I expected to goto ever allocated dealer on the list and order until it’s confirmed?? The order goes through you hit BA status. It shouldn’t go past that without an allocation. Period end of story. My order was excepted. What’s the point of the status codes then.
BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
Haha have u ever ordered a car before? It’s simple you have allocation you allowed to place an order. If you don’t have an allocation then the dealer is denied from ordering. Chevy does it ordered a c8 no issues. Am I expected to goto ever allocated dealer on the list and order until it’s confirmed??
Yes I have ordered a few cars, I’ve been ordering new cars since 1995, I am not new to this and I currently work for an auto maker.
People are laying the blame on the wrong group, all because there frustrated! I get that as I’m frustrated also with waiting for mine but I know who the blame lies with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd venture to guess that if Dodge was bothered by this process, their IT department could find a way to block unallocated Jailbreak orders from being saved in their ordering system.

2201 - 2220 of 2618 Posts