SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2261 - 2280 of 2704 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
Impressions after driving the Jailbreak Charger for 300 miles. This is coming from someone that just sold a 2016 M5 I have had for 5 years, and just sold a 2021 C8 Vette. I ordered a M3, 6 months ago but still never came in. But I have to tell you that if it came in today I do not know that I would sell this JB for it. My 13 year old daughter was like. "Your buying a Dodge?" But after riding in it for the last week, she said. I love this car it rides so nice, the seats are so soft and I love the growl it makes every time you start off from a stop light. I too love the growl and how smooth the transmission is, I love mostly the flat handling around a curve. I have never owned a Hellcat, I've only been a passenger in my buddy's Challenger Scat back and another friends Charger scat pack. I now see why they are so popular. If you have never driven a Hellcat Charger WB you will be impressed. IMHO

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,266 ·
Impressions after driving the Jailbreak Charger for 300 miles. This is coming from someone that just sold a 2016 M5 I have had for 5 years, and just sold a 2021 C8 Vette. I ordered a M3, 6 months ago but still never came in. But I have to tell you that if it came in today I do not know that I would sell this JB for it. My 13 year old daughter was like. "Your buying a Dodge?" But after riding in it for the last week, she said. I love this car it rides so nice, the seats are so soft and I love the growl it makes every time you start off from a stop light. I too love the growl and how smooth the transmission is, I love mostly the flat handling around a curve. I have never owned a Hellcat, I've only been a passenger in my buddy's Challenger Scat back and another friends Charger scat pack. I now see why they are so popular. If you have never driven a Hellcat Charger WB you will be impressed. IMHO
I’ve driven mine for about 600 miles. I also never drove a hellcat or any challenger or charger before. Very comfortable car and moves out amazingly.
Keep in mind also the fastest car I’ve owned before this was a 2006 GTO lol.
I did drive my bro 2013 viper GTS and his car is WAY more stiff than the JB. The JB wins for comfort and straight line as well.

when you put it all in street mode I swear it’s a Cadillac.
love this car!!

·
Registered
Check about for my collection
142 Posts
I Have a hellcat wide body charger. You like it better that c8?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jailbreak allocation list updated again today, 8/5/22.

Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT® Jailbreak Dealer Availability
I called everyone in Michigan for the challenger jailbreak, seemed none of them had an allocation or they just got rid of there last one days before. Starting to get pretty frustrating. I have called a couple out of state but they have either hung up on me or at the end told me they were going to charge 5 grand over msrp. I do have an order in with two dealers at the moment, one of which im told does have an allocation. Still waiting on a VON number though with the one with the allocation. Waiting at the moment for the manager to call me back.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I called everyone in Michigan for the challenger jailbreak, seemed none of them had an allocation or they just got rid of there last one days before. Starting to get pretty frustrating. I have called a couple out of state but they have either hung up on me or at the end told me they were going to charge 5 grand over msrp. I do have an order in with two dealers at the moment, one of which im told does have an allocation. Still waiting on a VON number though with the one with the allocation. Waiting at the moment for the manager to call me back.
When did you place the order? If they truly have an allocation then you should get at bare minimum a VON within a few days and certainly a VIN number shouldn’t take that longer… getting into production that’s a whole next level of mystery and drama… ask me how do I know…

Good Luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
When did you place the order? If they truly have an allocation then you should get at bare minimum a VON within a few days and certainly a VIN number shouldn’t take that longer… getting into production that’s a whole next level of mystery and drama… ask me how do I know…

Good Luck
Placed on the 3rd of August. Guess i will know more on Monday from what they just told me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
I Have a hellcat wide body charger. You like it better that c8?
Different kind of like/love....over all yes I like it better. I love the seating position and the firm but not to firm ride...When you get over the dated dash and realize that you are buying the drive train, transmission and rear end. you fall in love. No way am I trade this for a M3 this thing handles good enough for what I want it to do. I'm not taking this to the track. I spent 4 hours today designing the new Jailbreak logo for the side I could not find the special one off font so I took 6 different fonts from various fonts and created this! I love it and have had several comments on it tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
Only 5 k over? in Frisco they have a white one with 250 miles on it and they are asking 129K there's is another white one at Lewisville auto plex and they are asking 125K

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
What I find interesting on the 2 JB cars available in the Dallas Area is that the whole idea behind getting the JB is to be able to order a variety of different options. Both cars hand no JB options i.e. different stripes, brakes, seats, seat belts, etc.... you could of ordered the same car in a REDEYE options. What a waste of a JB order!

·
Registered
2022 Super Stock
385 Posts
Different kind of like/love....over all yes I like it better. I love the seating position and the firm but not to firm ride...When you get over the dated dash and realize that you are buying the drive train, transmission and rear end. you fall in love. No way am I trade this for a M3 this thing handles good enough for what I want it to do. I'm not taking this to the track. I spent 4 hours today designing the new Jailbreak logo for the side I could not find the special one off font so I took 6 different fonts from various fonts and created this! I love it and have had several comments on it tonight.
I’m in Dallas area as well.
I think I saw your JB the day that came in but I might be wrong.
Did you order your JB from Plano dealer? If yes! Would you please share the timeline?
I have one of my order in with them as well and so far sitting in D status.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
I’m in Dallas area as well.
I think I saw your JB the day that came in but I might be wrong.
Did you order your JB from Plano dealer? If yes! Would you please share the timeline?
I have one of my order in with them as well and so far sitting in D status.
Yes I ordered my JB on 1-15-22 it was delivered on 7-29-22 and I picked it up the same day. I bought through Huffines in Plano and Bill Bolding was/is my salesman As far as when I went in to what ever status/s "D", etc, I do not know. I did not follow the build.

2261 - 2280 of 2704 Posts