SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Jailbreak Order Status thread

154920 2700
Since these are new and seem to be a lot longer to get a VIN thought a separate JB thread would be warranted. If no one agrees I guess this will die and I tried. :cry:

Mine was ordered 1/10. Dealer says order accepted and no VIN yet. Dealer is checking every other day for me.

Anyone get a VIN yet? If so, when did you order?

who’s going to post the first picture of the first real jailbreak ever delivered? 😃
Reactions: 6lbSsFt and T-Time
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2621 - 2640 of 2701 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
685 Posts
I get that, the dealership and I had already figured this in, I was trading it at $3500 less than private, but $10k? And the “new msrp” is $2500 higher. It would not be such a big deal but my current car is really that nice. I watched cars with a lot more miles and not near the condition mine is in go for $70k, I only put 200 miles on this year waiting on the JB, damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Don’t want it stolen, scratched or God forbid it hit 6000 miles. I am at the point I may just keep my Cat and wait until spring or when as mentioned the next run on V8s come. 1st world problems for sure. View attachment 604413
View attachment 604414
View attachment 604415
View attachment 604416
damn man, thats clean!!

·
Registered
22 RENB, 2017 SP
290 Posts
This is a JB order BTW! This is the only info I have. Anyone able to help get an update?
As stated previously, the Dodge Tracker can be off by weeks or months. In my case it was very close but that has not always been the case. Board members state consistently that the dealer should be able to get the best updates. Is this coming from the Dealer or the Tracking Website?

·
Registered
22 RENB, 2017 SP
290 Posts
Have a strange situation that cropped up with my RE delivery. Car came in and the salesman at DC called Monday AM and said they found a small scuff mark on the front splitter somewhere around where it fastens to the side of the car near the wheel well. Ok. Said he would get the splitter ordered and let me know on a delivery. Yep, fine. Just checked in with him late today to see if he had any ETA from the parts dept.
So, and I quote, they had to send the car out to a different company because their parts department could not get it. It's a trusted place but the lead time will be 1-2 weeks.
It was a text so I just said fine. Let me know. Logged on to Dodge Parts Online, entered my VIN and there is the splitter which I ordered for something less than $200. Didn't really order it but just went all the way through to payment to make sure it was available (as sure as I could be without having it shipped). I wasn't born yesterday. I've never seen a dealership body shop that was very good but this isn't that tough of an install.
Maybe their backed up - that's OK. I don't mind them sending the car to a body shop to install the splitter. Not sure why I would get that story? DC can't get the spoiler but someone else can? And that someone else will install it? Ah, OK. So my take was that they wanted the best person available to put the splitter on the car in the shortest possible time. To accomplish this they just sent it to a body shop that does work for them. Or maybe it needed a tiny touch up on the paint near the splitter as well and they needed someone good to blend it. Either option is no big deal to me but telling me they can't get the part and had to send it to a "trusted place"? Is there any way that story makes sense? Regardless, they have been good and I look forward to getting the car in a week or two.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,627 ·
Have a strange situation that cropped up with my RE delivery. Car came in and the salesman at DC called Monday AM and said they found a small scuff mark on the front splitter somewhere around where it fastens to the side of the car near the wheel well. Ok. Said he would get the splitter ordered and let me know on a delivery. Yep, fine. Just checked in with him late today to see if he had any ETA from the parts dept.
So, and I quote, they had to send the car out to a different company because their parts department could not get it. It's a trusted place but the lead time will be 1-2 weeks.
It was a text so I just said fine. Let me know. Logged on to Dodge Parts Online, entered my VIN and there is the splitter which I ordered for something less than $200. Didn't really order it but just went all the way through to payment to make sure it was available (as sure as I could be without having it shipped). I wasn't born yesterday. I've never seen a dealership body shop that was very good but this isn't that tough of an install.
Maybe their backed up - that's OK. I don't mind them sending the car to a body shop to install the splitter. Not sure why I would get that story? DC can't get the spoiler but someone else can? And that someone else will install it? Ah, OK. So my take was that they wanted the best person available to put the splitter on the car in the shortest possible time. To accomplish this they just sent it to a body shop that does work for them. Or maybe it needed a tiny touch up on the paint near the splitter as well and they needed someone good to blend it. Either option is no big deal to me but telling me they can't get the part and had to send it to a "trusted place"? Is there any way that story makes sense? Regardless, they have been good and I look forward to getting the car in a week or two.
Did they send you a picture of the damage? I would have asked. If it's truly minor I would have taken the car as is and asked for a credit for $500 and I'd eventually do the splitter myself.

I think replacing that part requires bumper removal and so forth and I wouldn't want those dealer ship tool bags taking the car apart and possible making things worse by breaking tabs and scratching the paint! Most dealers can't even wash the car right.

Anyway I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to this crap but I really hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
As stated previously, the Dodge Tracker can be off by weeks or months. In my case it was very close but that has not always been the case. Board members state consistently that the dealer should be able to get the best updates. Is this coming from the Dealer or the Tracking Website?
This is from the order tracker. I spoke to the dealer and he said the widebody is being installed…. Not sure on a eta or next step

·
Registered
22 RENB, 2017 SP
290 Posts
Did they send you a picture of the damage? I would have asked. If it's truly minor I would have taken the car as is and asked for a credit for $500 and I'd eventually do the splitter myself.

I think replacing that part requires bumper removal and so forth and I wouldn't want those dealer ship tool bags taking the car apart and possible making things worse by breaking tabs and scratching the paint! Most dealers can't even wash the car right.

Anyway I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to this crap but I really hope it works out for you!
When he told me about the damage on Monday he said it was a small scuff. I should have asked for a pic then but it sounded as if it would be resolved very quickly. Too late now but it is has me wondering. I've seen the vids on how to replace it. Yes, the best way is to remove the front bumper. I suspect that's why it was sent out but really have no clue. If you put it on without removing the bumper it looks like a wrestling match and I can see lots of opportunities for a problem.
So if they scratch something they can buff it out or whatever. I'm sure where they sent it does quality work. Any good body shop takes front clips off and replaces them all day long. No control over it now. If its not right for some reason then they can just make an adjustment and I will trailer it away. The body shop owner where I go is trailering the car for me so he will be inspecting the car while I am doing paperwork. Likely no big deal - just weird the way it was communicated.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,630 ·
When he told me about the damage on Monday he said it was a small scuff. I should have asked for a pic then but it sounded as if it would be resolved very quickly. Too late now but it is has me wondering. I've seen the vids on how to replace it. Yes, the best way is to remove the front bumper. I suspect that's why it was sent out but really have no clue. If you put it on without removing the bumper it looks like a wrestling match and I can see lots of opportunities for a problem.
So if they scratch something they can buff it out or whatever. I'm sure where they sent it does quality work. Any good body shop takes front clips off and replaces them all day long. No control over it now. If its not right for some reason then they can just make an adjustment and I will trailer it away. The body shop owner where I go is trailering the car for me so he will be inspecting the car while I am doing paperwork. Likely no big deal - just weird the way it was communicated.
I hear ya. Hopefully it will all be fine, just make sure you get a good look at the bumper when you see the car!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just go word from my dealer my JB Charger is at the local railyard and should be to them in a few days. Anyone know if there are any incentives or anything going on for JB? On the dodge site it shows $1000 & 1750 but it looks like it is GT only.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brampton looks to be ramping up Jailbreak production. Almost 60 new Jailbreaks went down the assembly line the past 2 days, today there were 38. This is based on the insider that provides daily updates on his private Facebook group.
Oh wow!! I really hope I see some movement on mine! I think I would pee a bit!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
155 Posts
Going to pickup my JN tomorrow. I am a little pissed, they ordered the wrong wheels. Yep, I sent my link in February (it’s still active)y car is frostbite silver stripes and silver warp speed wheels, the car comes off the truck they send me pictures and I’ll be dammed it has the grey warp speed wheels, about as far from silver as can be. So dealer says nothing they can do the wheels are $1400 each, I can buy reproductions for $1500, but damn a $100k plus car ordered the wrong wheels. Plus I choose the silver car heads for the side. The dealer says it looks great but we will see. It’s not what’s in my head. Check your builds

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,720 Posts
Going to pickup my JN tomorrow. I am a little pissed, they ordered the wrong wheels. Yep, I sent my link in February (it’s still active)y car is frostbite silver stripes and silver warp speed wheels, the car comes off the truck they send me pictures and I’ll be dammed it has the grey warp speed wheels, about as far from silver as can be. So dealer says nothing they can do the wheels are $1400 each, I can buy reproductions for $1500, but damn a $100k plus car ordered the wrong wheels. Plus I choose the silver car heads for the side. The dealer says it looks great but we will see. It’s not what’s in my head. Check your builds
Were the silver wheels available though, when you ordered?
Maybe it was just a availability thing?

OR do you think they messed up the order?

It can't look that bad though

2621 - 2640 of 2701 Posts