SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Jailbreak Order Status thread

217K views 3K replies 170 participants last post by  usp4u 
#1 ·
Since these are new and seem to be a lot longer to get a VIN thought a separate JB thread would be warranted. If no one agrees I guess this will die and I tried. :cry:

Mine was ordered 1/10. Dealer says order accepted and no VIN yet. Dealer is checking every other day for me.

Anyone get a VIN yet? If so, when did you order?

who’s going to post the first picture of the first real jailbreak ever delivered? 😃

#6 ·
After submitting what I thought was a good order 2 weeks ago, I was just called yesterday and told my dealer made a mistake and didn’t actually end up having any allocation after all. They’re a huge dealer in their region and move a lot of iron. Plus, I raised concerns about allocation to them on multiple occasions and was always assured that it wasn’t an issue, so I figured everything was ok.

Then the boss calls me and gives me the bad news. He then followed up and asked me to stick with them for a little while, as his rep (area manager) is “on the case and in our corner.” He made no guarantees, but he said they “should be able to make something happen.” He informed me that allocation renews on the 10th, which is next Thursday, and said they may get one (or more) then, in which case I’ll be first in line for an order at MSRP. He’s also given me an excellent trade allowance on my SP and represents a dealer I’m comfortable with and close to. Given his remarks, I believe they made an error and didn’t mean to lead me on. Also, the 10th is only about a week away, so I don’t think it’ll hurt to give him time to sort this out. I’ve been annoyed all day just thinking about it, but I really don’t think there’s anything else to do except throw myself at the mercy of another dealer I’m unfamiliar with - and they’ll almost certainly want a deposit just to place the order for me. I hope I’m on the right track here.

#7 ·
I do like that look!!! I was wondering if I should go gunmetal or carbon stripes on my order. Didn’t matter. Wasn’t an option as JBs weren’t available when I ordered in November. I’ll have to have the stripes added later🙄. Still torn between gunmetal or carbon though🤔

#10 ·
I had the same problem but after looking at pictures and videos went gun metal. Also the carbon has a texture. That’s personnel preference as well. They both look good. I just thought the gun metal popped more, matched my wheels, and was a flat color without texture.

Reactions: ledft
#44 ·
That’s a bold spec.

#20 ·
Ordered my JB Charger on 1/4. No VIN. Called and got the VON about a week after the order and the salesman said he would work on the VIN. Will give them about two more weeks and rattle his cage again. I have referenced "allocation" and "do you have any" several times but he doesn't seem to know. I am still going on the assumption that nobody on this board knows how many JB's will be built. If they build 10,000 then everyone will eventually have allocation. Seems like immediate allocation and allocation in 6 months are two separate subjects since nobody knows how many orders will be placed and what the level of parts shortages will be. I believe at full capacity Brampton can produce over 200K cars so I am waiting a bit to jump to a RE unless additional information is forthcoming. Please correct this noob - that's why I am on this board (and learned a lot so far!)

#1,445 ·
If it’s any help I work at a dealer and the problems not allocation. Dodge is zapping back or better said canceling orders. Why they don’t know. I have one on order and personally know the Gm for the store. Out of 8 orders only 4 where able to live the other 4 where canceled by manufacturer. The gm spoke to the them and they declined to actually answer. Just FYI for dodge there is not allocation issue. Dodge limits ordering only for dealer inventory. Any retail sold orders should automatically get picked up regardless of what model. Time line for them will be affected depending on how much inventory they have on order and how soon it’s placed. This store has already had 1 jailbreak (challenger arrive as of 2 weeks ago) in California. Dodge is a money market. Higher volume stores will get them first that why other smaller stores are having issues.

#25 ·
Ordered 12/31. Received VON on the spot but no vin. Dealer only had 1 JB order before mine. The other one got picked and is scheduled for build beginning of feb like many others here. Mine is currently sitting in BG status as of last week. I can only assume at the next round of allocations mine will get picked up as well. Maybe for a march build date… we can only hope

#38 ·
Just received a call from my dealer where I purchased my 2021 Challenger. He asked if I was interested in a Jailbreak ? He has 4 allocations and told me that only 300 will be produced in the first quarter.
So far, everything he told me last year with my car was spot on.
At this point, I am not interested because I already ordered and got the exact car I wanted !
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

#39 ·
Just received a call from my dealer where I purchased my 2021 Challenger. He asked if I was interested in a Jailbreak ? He has 4 allocations and told me that only 300 will be produced in the first quarter.
So far, everything he told me last year with my car was spot on.
At this point, I am not interested because I already ordered and got the exact car I wanted ! View attachment 587460
thanks for that info. Seems like good news to me if the dealer is calling to give them away (meaning there is no line out their door for the JB orders).

BTW nice car. Are those warp speed in granite? That’s what I ordered on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.