SRT Hellcat Forum banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts
I don't really think it's helpful to cast out at folk. This is not a perfect world. My deal with Jake has been a tad clunky, but I suspect that was a function of an overwhelming volume of work at his end. It's interesting that now he has departed, his work is being divided among at least two individuals.

Jake was never easy to access due to the incessant call volume directed to him. I think most of us experienced that on more than one occasion. Would that type of situation lead to errors and omissions?....well again, I think we all know the answer to that question.

I have a Build sheet and a tentative ship date at the price he and I agreed to back in February. So far, so good. Hopefully the rest of the process unfolds smoothly.

I posted this in the Order Tracking thread a few days ago:

That explains a lot, I didn't want to say anything about my negative experience but now it seems that is doesn't matter. Just after Thanksgiving I send 5 emails to Jake (he returned none) and made 3 phone calls. He picked one of the calls to his cell at 9:30amET (I think that's 8:30 his time) and it sounded like he was at home taking care of the kids. He was rushed, I asked to quote the config I emailed, he said ok, never heard back. I ordered from Koons a week later. I had no problems with Craig. It is never good to lose a good source.

I worked with both Koons and DC on my deal and to be honest, DC simply had better numbers and it was 600 miles closer. I'm not unhappy with DC. So far, despite a few minor bumps in the road, they've been reasonable. Like I said, I'm hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly.

...and 2ndAmend...what tape did you use again? I need to get some of that for my ride home.

Attachments

I personally bought from Jake, it was a good experience. One thing different is I did understand he was a very busy guy so it did not sour me ever if it took him a little longer to get back to me. I never got to meet him in person as the entire deal was done through calls and mail and he even helped facilitate shipping to my door. I would have loved to have picked up the car but it was not in the cards at the time for me with work. The only bad part was my car was outside waiting on shipping and it got caught in a snow storm before pickup. It showed up pretty dirty but they did not want to mess up the paint by cleaning it which I did appreciate.

I even sent a friend to him and he is currently waiting on his car ordered in Jan….

Now I understand that he was working with Jake my only wish is Jake would have notified him that he was leaving and made a formal intro to the new sales guys watching the deal.

As long as they finally build the car and stay to the terms for my friend DC is good in my book. So with that said DC get moving on the McKinley deal will ya :), the man wants his RE like a kid in a candy store.

It is a shame they lost Jake as he was a good at what he did. I still would wish him luck at any future endeavors.

Red Cat Mike

Hello and yes Jake is no longer with Dan Cummins. My name is Miles Goff and I will soon be taking over Hellcat orders along with Dawson Miller. I am happy to assist. I am at our Georgetown, KY location but do the same 4% below invoice pricing that was offered before. You can reach me at milesgoff@dancummins.com or on my cell at 513-620-9796.
4% below invoice?

I ordered a HCREWB from Jake and had it delivered to CA to my door…. He even got a last minute color change pushed through ( total game changer) from Tor red to F8 ….I lost sleep waiting for confirmation of the change but he got it done!! This was the smoothest vehicle purchase I’ve ever had …basically everything was done over text/phone.It was a lil nerve racking sending that large of amount $ online to the dealership

I ordered a HCREWB from Jake and had it delivered to CA to my door…. He even got a last minute color change pushed through ( total game changer) from Tor red to F8 ….I lost sleep waiting for confirmation of the change but he got it done!! This was the smoothest vehicle purchase I’ve ever had …basically everything was done over text/phone.It was a lil nerve racking sending that large of amount $ online to the dealership
you hear about the dude that had one delivered to his door in Cali? He had to return it because it was illegal in California something with emissions.

Unfortunately no one is too important or too valuable to be discarded. In many cases, it is cheaper to pay an attorney and a settlement than pay the original obligation to the employee/contractor. Essentially the money you helped them make is used to fund the attorney to fight you. Hey, it's just business. (Lots of successful scumbags running businesses out there.)

Unfortunately no one is too important or too valuable to be discarded. In many cases, it is cheaper to pay an attorney and a settlement than pay the original obligation to the employee/contractor. Essentially the money you helped them make is used to fund the attorney to fight you. Hey, it's just business. (Lots of successful scumbags running businesses out there.)
Sad but true.

He probably realized he was the only car salesman in the country not making any money right now because he was giving away hellcats lol. Good for him hopefully he does well

25 years ago I thought getting a "piece of the action" was a great long term deal. In retospect, the better idea would have been to get as much as I could as fast as I could and eliminate/ignore any concern/hope of what the future might bring. IMHO, the long term works best when there are no strings.

At least yours was online mine was a fedex with a large check in 😱 I was a wreck!

Red Cat Mike

81 - 100 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.